Portfolio SANFL based Alternate History

Remove this Banner Ad

They do it in the EPL..... how many teams have Maroon and Light Blue kits?
Exactly the same? All 4 (or however many) with light blue shirts and maroon shorts? Or different designs with the same colours?
South and Carlton are the same designs with the same colours.

Carlton attempt to follow Collingwood into the league in 1990, but are knocked back because they aren't able to produce guernseys in time that will differentiate them enough from existing SANFL club, South Adelaide. With Essendon, Richmond, and a cartel of smaller Victorian clubs circling and the SANFL playing the bids off against eachother, Carlton accepted an ambitious offer from North Melbourne to enter the SANFL as a join venture. Geographically it made perfect sense. The bid is clearly ahead of the Essendon and Richmond standalone entries, and is accepted by the SANFL.

The new Carlton Kangaroos's guernsey and colours were shrouded in secrecy for months, with the papers speculating about what they would use, and in the end, the guernsey they proposed was wildly controversial. Victorian clubs were up in arms, and furious with Carlton and North, but the SANFL saw this as an opportunity to drive a dagger into the heart of the VFL.

Officially, the guernsey celebrated North Melbourne's 1925 entry to the VFL in design and Carlton's navy blue. However it's quite easy to see why the other Victorian sides were against it.

The clash guernsey introduced with the league clash directive in 1999 brought back North's stripes. The club has a set of navy shorts for clash purposes not shown below.

7cLddqk.png

kGVSuGh.png

The SANFL reminded the VFL that the Victorain jumper has a letter "V" on it, whereas the Carlton Roos wear a thick yoke outline :p

Ah, I was hoping for North's primary blue and Carlton's navy blue together on the guernsey, it would've made a nice colour combination, as you don't see them together that often, usually sky and navy are put together instead. Would have been a unique combo.

So who sponsors the 2015 SANFL Premiership Season? What does their logo look like?
Or are we waiting for all the clubs before that?

I really like these.

The collar suits the stripes.

Exactly the same? All 4 (or however many) with light blue shirts and maroon shorts? Or different designs with the same colours?
South and Carlton are the same designs with the same colours.

Sunderland and Southampton both wear red and white stripes tops and black shorts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We there be an addendum to address the current VFL situation? Will Richmond win a final? Will St Kilda win a flag? Will Hawthorn and Melbourne merge? What happens to Waverly?

I'm hooked!

But personally that Port clash is shizen. Should have used a heritage or added the famous colour of the Port river. Like a bluey-green thing...

We there be an addendum to address the current VFL situation? Will Richmond win a final? Will St Kilda win a flag? Will Hawthorn and Melbourne merge? What happens to Waverly?

I'm hooked!

But personally that Port clash is shizen. Should have used a heritage or added the famous colour of the Port river. Like a bluey-green thing...

I'm not sure if i'll address what remains of the VFL, maybe once I get through everything I want to do here.

I was going to use the magenta and blue stripes for the Port clash to the point where i'd knocked it up before deciding Port would want to stay black and white.

I'm not sure if i'll address what remains of the VFL, maybe once I get through everything I want to do here.

I was going to use the magenta and blue stripes for the Port clash to the point where i'd knocked it up before deciding Port would want to stay black and white.

Understandable.

Does an inverse of the PB not meet clash requirements? What about the "overalls" design?

Understandable.

Does an inverse of the PB not meet clash requirements? What about the "overalls" design?

I don't think an inverse really does, unless you leave the back purely white.

Again most black and white striped designs will end up not being super effective because of the amount of black and white on them. I thought going predominantly white with only a small patch of black would be the most effective clash. I'd love to see how we'd have gone with regards to a clash guernsey if we did use the prison bars in the AFL.

I don't think an inverse really does, unless you leave the back purely white.

Again most black and white striped designs will end up not being super effective because of the amount of black and white on them. I thought going predominantly white with only a small patch of black would be the most effective clash. I'd love to see how we'd have gone with regards to a clash guernsey if we did use the prison bars in the AFL.
PB's have a lot more black than white, unlike Collingwood stripes which is way closer to 60/40, so I think a white clash PB would have worked:
2qd0d1v.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back