Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting this up mainly so that I can come back and laugh at it in four weeks when I have changed it another 100 times!

All players under $160k are subject to change based on preseason action.

Capture.jpg

Putting this up mainly so that I can come back and laugh at it in four weeks when I have changed it another 100 times!

Capture.jpg

I'll call 7 changes to your +160k club

Capture.jpg
Question - how much $$$$ do you have left?

Capture.jpg
Nicely structured team. The glaring problem is having Lycett as your forward ruck cover. He won't be able to cover for NicNat in the bye round and you have to wonder if he can score at an acceptable rate when he and NicNat both play.

Nicely structured team. The glaring problem is having Lycett as your forward ruck cover. He won't be able to cover for NicNat in the bye round and you have to wonder if he can score at an acceptable rate when he and NicNat both play.
Good point. But only need 18 players in any one bye round, and not necessarily 2 onfield rucks.

Heeney's injured, take him out.

Apart from that, it looks like a fairly stock standard team, apart from the Savage selection which could go either way.

As is, I don't think you can have both Savage and Newnes in the same backline. You're taking a gamble on two different Saints players who will be near the bottom of the table; huge recipe for disaster. Maybe change Savage to KK?
Where'd you hear about Heeney? First I've heard of it.

I like the Savage selection but agree, risky with both. It's one or the other IMO too.

What are people's thoughts on Wells? Surprised there hasn't been much talk about him as from the reports he's tearing up the track.
Too big of a risk?
Had a really good pre season, the best in years and moving as free as ever, looks a better option than Rich IMO.

Know that sounds bias, but I'm far from it.

Still would personally just rather take a rookie cash cow and spend elsewhere.

I think your wrong about Lycett.I saw the game against the all stars and he looked very good, reminds me of a young Dean Cox. I think he'll definitely be a top 10 scoring Ruckman regardless of Nic Nat.

I don't. Perhaps I should mention that I think you want to be looking at top 5 rucks - how many of Jacobs, Martin, Sandilands, Mumford, McEvoy, Goldstein, Lobbe, Ryder, Maric, Naitanui and Minson will he beat? Perhaps Martin as he gets more time taken off him by Leuy, perhaps Maric if he gets injured, Ryder if he gets suspended...

If you look at the averages of the top rucks last year

2014 - the highest ranked 2nd ruckman was Dean Cox, 12th. NicNat was 10th. The top 15 rucks came from 14 clubs

Even 2013 NicNat was 7th, after Cox was 3rd. I assume 2012 both were near the top, but Lycett is nowhere near the standard of 2012 Cox.

2nd rucks don't score anywhere near standalone rucks, it's just the way it is. You can only pick him if you think he's going to provide good cover, and that doesn't really work when you're picking NicNat because they have the same bye round anyway...

Look, I'm not saying pick him, I just have not yet seen a valid reason to pick him. If someone can show me why he is a good choice I'll concede happily.

DEF: Shaw, Hibberd, Birchall, Hurn, Newnes, Brown (Maynard, McKenzie)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Wines, Swallow, Heeney, Boekhorst, Freeman (Vandenberg, Blakely, Steele)
RUC: Naitanui, Lycett (Cox)
FWD: Goddard, Martin, Swan, J.Martin, Salem, Hogan (Daniel, Lambert)

Not much cash left over. Hoping those in bold become keepers, which would give me 14. Hibberd obviously pending ASADA. All rookies obviously subject to change. See a lot of upside with Lycett and Martin and even if they don't become keepers hoping they become a pretty easy swap to someone down the track, will watch their NABs very closely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people's thoughts on Wells? Surprised there hasn't been much talk about him as from the reports he's tearing up the track.
Too big of a risk?
i've got him in my side.
risks vs rewards... got to take some chances & go with your guts

Too big of a risk?
Even at his best his never been a great scorer in SC and has been far too inconsistent. I think he is priced at about 75. Can probably see him average 85-90 if he gets to somewhere near his best. Rather take a chance on a rookie

Too big of a risk?

On ability, I think he's definitely a good buy for his price because I expect North will be right up there this year.

HOWEVER, I don't trust his body and players who break down often hurt you in SC. If he gets injured early, replacing him isn't quite as easy as it would be if a premium was injured.

Too big of a risk?
I'm firmly on this train. A bloke priced to average about 70 who only averaged above 88 (bar injuries) I the last decade is to good to pass up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even at his best his never been a great scorer in SC and has been far too inconsistent. I think he is priced at about 75. Can probably see him average 85-90 if he gets to somewhere near his best. Rather take a chance on a rookie

Do some research!!

Do some research!!

Agreed. 2011 must not have happened.

FWIW im steering clear on the basis that I dont think he will get through the season, and doubt he will get back to best previous best, but no doubting his ability

Pre NAB Cup team.PNG

Pre NAB Cup team

Not overly sold on Heath Shaw but options are slim down back and until someone really puts their hand up down back I'll go with him.

14,300k left in the bank

Hey there,
I am pretty new to SC and was wanting some advice on the team i have selected.
Thanks in advance.
Glenn.

View attachment 112161
DEFENDERS: I would cut a Hawk, as having 3 from one team in one line is too many because when they have a Bye, you will most likely have to trade 1 to ensure you have 18 players active in the Multi-Bye Weeks. K Jaksch also is awkwardly priced, and won't score a whole lot. Others that provide good value around $250-400k include Henderson (ADE), Savage (STK) & Ibbotson (FRE).

MIDS: Great first effort, I like it. A bit different from others as well. There are plenty of $100-140k midfield rookies though which will score well and save you money on higher priced rookies & NVB IE> De Goey & NVB, would downgrade them to players like Freeman etc.

RUCKS: Like it. TBC a bit of a risk so would watch in NAB Cup. Also, Griffin is unlikely to play games and is a waste of money on the bench $242,300.
Better to either pick a cheap RUC/FWD as bench and trade if any of your rucks get injured. Otherwise you can add in Ryder in FWD lin e straight away by trading someone else to ensure you have ruck cover if anyone goes down.

FWDS: Issues... Menzel has injury concerns, Boyd will not score well and much btter priced options below him ie. Caleb Daniel. Look elsewhere.

View attachment 112140

Pre NAB Cup team

Not overly sold on Heath Shaw but options are slim down back and until someone really puts their hand up down back I'll go with him.

14,300k left in the bank
Very good team IMO. Obviously a lot of "NAB Watch guys" like Ibbo, Leuey and Titch but I think you've got a solid team.

Hibbered is a good pick should ASADA not have any ramifications and Fisher, whilst getting on, has shown that he can still score well if he remains injury free.

Leuey I'm not sure about but again, let's see if he gets a string of games.

Personally I think some of your rookies are too expensive, but this also gives you a lot of room to move should some cheaper option become available over the preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back