SC Forwards Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted some feedback on my foward line which is giving me the most trouble.
I have 5 premiums in the backs, 3 in mids, 2 in rucks-just thought i'd let you know so you can fairly criticise.

my foward line is

Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, O Keefe, Higgins, Petrie, Krakouer (richardson, Darling, Matera).

I have 80K left and am pretty happy about all the other lines.

thoughts on improvements etc?

Just wanted some feedback on my foward line which is giving me the most trouble.
I have 5 premiums in the backs, 3 in mids, 2 in rucks-just thought i'd let you know so you can fairly criticise.

my foward line is

Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, O Keefe, Higgins, Petrie, Krakouer (richardson, Darling, Matera).

I have 80K left and am pretty happy about all the other lines.

thoughts on improvements etc?

I think you'd be better served with Petrie as a third ruckman. If you get rid of him for one of the likely types under 200k, you'll have close to enough to upgrade Higgins to a set in stone premium forward (Goodes/Brown/Didak/Harvey etc.)

I think you'd be better served with Petrie as a third ruckman. If you get rid of him for one of the likely types under 200k, you'll have close to enough to upgrade Higgins to a set in stone premium forward (Goodes/Brown/Didak/Harvey etc.)

so i completely go rid of petrie for prestia, then did higgins to harvey.

now the forward line is riewoldt, franklin, pavlich, o keefe, harvey, krakouer, richardson (prestia, matera, darling)

so i completely go rid of petrie for prestia, then did higgins to harvey.

now the forward line is riewoldt, franklin, pavlich, o keefe, harvey, krakouer, richardson (prestia, matera, darling)

Good forward line, in my opinion. I've got Petrie in my rucks, but he's missing two of the first three rounds. I have Cox/Sandilands/Smith as the others, so I think I can cover him. My philosphy is you need to get your rucks right early on and everything else is built around that. But Petrie in the forward line may not score enough to be an f7 option and he's going to need to have a very good season to be a straight cash cow.

There's too many other options as cash cows in the forward line and to be honest, not one of the rucks who is cheaper than Petrie really tickles my fancy (besides Smith). I've got a bit left over and am willing to pay the extra 100k to have a set ruck division, rather than hooking my trailer on to the Bailey/Cordy/Derrickx wagons.

Good forward line, in my opinion. I've got Petrie in my rucks, but he's missing two of the first three rounds. I have Cox/Sandilands/Smith as the others, so I think I can cover him. My philosphy is you need to get your rucks right early on and everything else is built around that. But Petrie in the forward line may not score enough to be an f7 option and he's going to need to have a very good season to be a straight cash cow.

There's too many other options as cash cows in the forward line and to be honest, not one of the rucks who is cheaper than Petrie really tickles my fancy (besides Smith). I've got a bit left over and am willing to pay the extra 100k to have a set ruck division, rather than hooking my trailer on to the Bailey/Cordy/Derrickx wagons.

True but don't you think smith provides adequate cover-he will play every game.

My rucks are Cox and Ryder. I think Sandi won't score as high this year so the gap will be a lot finer and the money can be spent elsewhere.

True but don't you think smith provides adequate cover-he will play every game.

My rucks are Cox and Ryder. I think Sandi won't score as high this year so the gap will be a lot finer and the money can be spent elsewhere.

With the byes combined with Cox and Sandilands' recent injury history...hell no. No I don't.

NRiewoldt, Franklin, Brown, Green, Goodes, Krakouer, Richardson (Matera, McKernan, another rookie)

With 124k left, who would be a suitable rookie for my last spot? Obviously I will check round 1 teams, but don't want to fall into the trap of picking someone who plays 1 or 2 early games then gets dropped, over a player who misses round 1 or 2 but goes on to play most games, due to round 1 teams.

Daniel Archer, Marlon Motlop, Isaac Smith, Ayden Kennedy are all players I have looked at.

In essence, which would forward rookie has the most job security?

NRiewoldt, Franklin, Brown, Green, Goodes, Krakouer, Richardson (Matera, McKernan, another rookie)

In essence, which would forward rookie has the most job security?

Looking at your forward line I would say Darling or Dixon are your safest bets for that last spot at the moment Liam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the byes combined with Cox and Sandilands' recent injury history...hell no. No I don't.
McKenna has also staed that he will be resting the kids on a rotational basis, so Smith is likely to miss games thsi year, especially with his interupted pre-season.

As much as I hate having $$$ sitting on the bench, I have Petrie in my R3 spot (and pushed Krak to the midfield) which opened up an extra forward spot for a rookie.

Thoughts on T. Varcoe this year?

I currently have him and Yarran in my forwards, am i taking a big risk?

Anyone else think J.Riewoldt could be a bit of a smokey to push his avg up a little?

If he's going to be used up the ground a bit more, he could find a bit more of the pill, but the downside he would probably drop from his goal tally of 78 from 2010. But in saying that, CHF's can tend to score well when used in that role. Barry Hall etc...

Just exploring a few different options considering the lack of match fitness to players like Chapman, Didak. Not sold on Pav, Harvey. Forwards seem to be slim pickings for premiums a little this year.

Hi guys. Need a little help please. Not sure if I've robbed my fwds too much and are relying on too many risky types.

Franklin, Goodes, Didak, C.Knights, Petrie, Krakouer, Gamble. Bench: Richardson, McKernan, Matera.

Am i too thin here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back