Media Scandal Revealed: IMS, ShaunDuggen and the Mt Buller Captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming back for more Duggan?

I'm not going to point out the posts in support of me. In fact I'm quite embarrassed by such praise.

Worm? Maybe that was a bit strong for you. I'm downgrading you to maggot.

Still trying to turn my posters against me? Give it a rest.

You really are stupid. Good to see the Demons are in good hands*.

* That was sarcasm Juggs.

You mean our deal has fallen through Panda?

The one where you promised me you would rig everything so that the Demons would win the flag if I rallied against Juggs?*

*May not be true.

... Funny how I am more respected around here than you ...

disagreeable-cat-disagree-cat-demotivational-poster-1244696766.jpg

you know what? stuff it.

With IMS high on the radar for Demons as a transfer target, lets just cut to the chase.

Trolls want a S15 license, so why not Hawks & Mt Buller Demons merge?

Oh I dunno, they newly merged club could be called East Buller Dawks?

I think that the Demons are a team on a knife edge, they could fall either way.. They have a solid basis to turn themselves into a complete powerhouse in the competition, sadly, they lack the leadership to drive that dominance, that has always been my stance and nothing has changed, Juggs has named his teams on time and has been a token leader, but he lacks the conviction and the skills to drive a game thread, to drive his teammates to the next level.. MBD's are the laughing stock they have always been, right back to the Okey debacle... It's my view and I have seen nothing to change that view.

Mobbs talked earlier about the randomised sim results, yep, the Demons are travelling ok. But when it comes to pure leadership lets look at the facts.

After joining the Roys, they went from a posting bye to 21 players posting in match threads, largely on the back of my work.

The ESH were considered non event posters as well, with minimal participation, with my help, the ESH are now an extremely active side, heck, I even got Chief, Messy and grizz posting in most game threads.. Not usually the type to blow my own horn, but the facts speak for themselves.

Mobbs talked earlier about the randomised sim results, yep, the Demons are travelling ok. But when it comes to pure leadership lets look at the facts.

Maybe it is time to introduce a Brad Green factor into the Sim mechanics ;)

you know what? stuff it.

With IMS high on the radar for Demons as a transfer target, lets just cut to the chase.

Trolls want a S15 license, so why not Hawks & Mt Buller Demons merge?

Oh I dunno, they newly merged club could be called East Buller Dawks?

That is by far the most stupid idea I have heard of.

And IMS... is that the best you can come up with? Its called a team for a reason... everyone chips in to get new players and I have no doubt in the off season Juggs will make sure that the team starts next season with a bunch of new active posters to take the spots of the inactives.

It takes the ESH 3 posters to do the job that I do.

Like that was a good attempt IMS.

Time to reel her back in, reload the hook and try again.

Not that I'm biting, just watching you make a fool out of yourself.

You answered with this!!!

/end thread

I think that the Demons are a team on a knife edge, they could fall either way.. They have a solid basis to turn themselves into a complete powerhouse in the competition, sadly, they lack the leadership to drive that dominance, that has always been my stance and nothing has changed, Juggs has named his teams on time and has been a token leader, but he lacks the conviction and the skills to drive a game thread, to drive his teammates to the next level.. MBD's are the laughing stock they have always been, right back to the Okey debacle... It's my view and I have seen nothing to change that view.

After joining the Roys, they went from a posting bye to 21 players posting in match threads, largely on the back of my work.

The ESH were considered non event posters as well, with minimal participation, with my help, the ESH are now an extremely active side, heck, I even got Chief, Messy and grizz posting in most game threads.. Not usually the type to blow my own horn, but the facts speak for themselves.

So what, you're looking to transform the Demons into an active side, despite the fact that we already are one?

If you don't believe Juggs has played an important role in inspiring that activity so far this season, you should research his captaincy a little harder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really haven't listened at all... Not worth explaining to you empty heads any longer. Any chance you are qantas management representatives??

I pointed out that Juggs has been a good leader as you obviously stated otherwise, and I also pointed out that your last two examples of teams you have played for having undergone an activity boost thanks to your presence are pointless to talk about, as we are already one of the most active sides going around, and while we're open to recruiting having openly made an offer to you and Duggan to join the club, we're hardly in a pile of s**t like the Roys and Hawks were, at least according to you, prior to your arrivals as those clubs.

I'd like to add by saying (let's go with a hypothetical and say you are correct) that even if Juggs were a captain lacking in conviction and skill, that would not mean the club is a laughing stock, especially one in our position with a bunch of young quality posters. If that's all you've got to argue, you're running dry.

It didn't go over my head at all. The opposite occurred. :)

You really haven't listened at all... Not worth explaining to you empty heads any longer. Any chance you are qantas management representatives??

:thumbsu: Nice touch :D

Cool - I hope they message all your players behind your back to try and get them to overthrow you, croweater.

We've never said they are not welcome at the club... just not as captains. The offer is still there for them as after all it was them who came to us :thumbsu:

If I had a sniff that someone was not happy with the way I was captaining I would certainly take it on board and if I get shunted I get shunted. Ala Mark Harvey

If I were a part of the leadership group at the Demons, if I were putting the teams best interests first, I would have retained Juggs as captain yes. But a thing that could of improved posting, leadership and the team in general, is appoint a 'co-captain' out of myself or IMS. It would of been nothing but positive for the Demons. There would of been no KRudd style shafting, there would be solid support for Juggs, there would be added talented to the solid young list at the Demons. That could only have made the team stronger without any controversy. If getting an oposition player of high calibre like a Easty, Logger or an IMS would cost me my VC or potential promotion to Captain i'd be all for it, as it would make my team even stronger.

In my opinion the Demons have made an error here, not by retaining Juggs, but missing out on a golden opportunity to pick up another quality poster.

This has been good for me still, my inbox has been flowing nicely ;)

No-one at the demons is unhappy at the way Juggs captains the club, croweater.

The worst criticism he has had in regards to the whole IMS thing is 'he is a good captain, but IMS and SD post more, so they would also be a good choice for captain.'

In my opinion the Demons have made an error here, not by retaining Juggs, but missing out on a golden opportunity to pick up another quality poster.

You missed the point where we would welcome you to the club in a non captaincy role (unless Juggs needs a co-captain.)

We have not missed out on a golden opportunity what so ever, the offer still stands. Are you serious about wanting to join the demons as you think we can become a league powerhouse, or is all you want the (c) next to your name on the teamsheet?

If I were a part of the leadership group at the Demons, if I were putting the teams best interests first, I would have retained Juggs as captain yes. But a thing that could of improved posting, leadership and the team in general, is appoint a 'co-captain' out of myself or IMS. It would of been nothing but positive for the Demons. There would of been no KRudd style shafting, there would be solid support for Juggs, there would be added talented to the solid young list at the Demons. That could only have made the team stronger without any controversy. If getting an oposition player of high calibre like a Easty, Logger or an IMS would cost me my VC or potential promotion to Captain i'd be all for it, as it would make my team even stronger.

You weren't supposed to replace the point where you said you and IMS would boot Juggs out and co-captain with some random feel-good co-captaincy-alongside-Juggs-so-everyone-has-their-way sort of stuff.

But otherwise, cats is correct. We offered you a spot and the offer currently stands, which you have neither declined nor accepted.

Talking of golden opportunities, here's yours. You join us and we become more than a powerhouse.

I will admit, I don't mind the Demons. I wouldn't take part in our 'plot' if I didn't like the team. I have said I have aspirations to be a Captain, not just to inflate my ego, not just for the team sheet, but because I want to lead a team into battle. I want that responsibility.

I havn't received a formal offer from your Captain, but this whole 'scandal' has put other things in motion that will be beneficial for myself. Worked well, so thanks C2R, top bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back