Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

W
2) how did monbulk get a second division final??? is the league genuine about showcasing the football??? Can appreciate they want to share it around but surely let monbulk have a beer booth at another venue!!!
Have long advocated "sharing" in the manner you suggest. Unfortunately, clubs with appropriate facilities are unwilling and use a number of discredited 'dog in the manger' reasons, such as liquor licences, to maintain their monopolies. The finals sharing model of the Geelong & Dist.FNL is a good one that should be looked at. They have successfully staged shared finals arrangements for over 20 years, with ALL clubs having involvement in running finals by sharing parking duties, security, catering and beer booths, etc, on a rotational basis. It distributes the revenue equitably and allows everyone a piece of the pie -IF they work for it! The League gains by using the best venues, paying the host club a hire fee and allowing other clubs to supply services. Works out as win-win for all concerned.
Agreed with this. The ground literally has a 10m slope.
Meh. Literally, it is 2.4m (8ft) according to surveyors. Monbulkians are genetically endowed with one short leg to cope with the slope, so it is not obvious to them. Lords cricket ground has a slope in excess of Monbulk's but manages to stage Test matches.

Last edited:
Can't find it documented anywhere but I was told the other day that this year there will be no Div 2 U/18 finals. Anyone know the official word?

Tips this week.....

Olinda v Healesville...... OLINDA, by 21, fermanis and turner out with a couple others, Olinda peaking at right time..

Woori v mt Evelyn...... WOORI by 28, woori will be starting to bring there game day hat from here on...

Monbulk v wandin...... WANDIN by 34, there just too good with players still returning, and favrin out for monbulk..

Warby v upwey...... WARBY BY 13, warby getting up and about to finish the season well...

Yarra glen v Belgrave..... BELGRAVE by 33, Belgrave mids are better and should be the difference...

I think its all going to come down to the last round of the season for the double chance. Woori vs H'Ville. Winner takes third.

This Week
Upwey in a close one
Wandin to pick apart Monbulk
H'Ville too quick and just over Olinda
Mt Ev to upset Woori
Belgrave to smack Yarra Glen by a hundy

Wandin to pick apart Monbulk.......maybe not!

Big Blow for Wandin with R.Ross and J.Taylor gone for the year with injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

belly warby warby have come good at the wrong end of the season
healesville woori bye ten goals
mt eve monny easy
upwey yarra glen upwey might win a game
wandin olinda could be an upset

Well done to Wandin FNC for going through H&A season undefeated in Seniors and top in 2nds as well.
Great result for a great club.

Hopefully big September to come!!!

According to this weeks local paper Wandin have signed Joel Coombes and according to the article he is a very well credentialed player. I can't help but thinking that even though Wandin is building a fair list, it seems to be at the chagrin of other clubs and that we may be in for a bit of a boring season. Yes, there will probably be a bit of interest in who gets fourth and fifth spot and who gets relegated but at the very top end; forget it.

I can see Wandin absolutely smashing some teams this year and then romping to a fairly one sided finals series. But then what? They (Wandin) will beat their chests saying how good they are, whilst the rest of the competition will be asking how they compete. Seems to have a bit of "Silvan" writen all over it.

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Well...
2011 Gembrook lost @$1.60
2012 Gembrook lost @ $1.01
2013 Upwey lost @ &1.02
2014 after the prelim wandin odds came into $1.60 and lost .
Smashing teams throughout the H & A is 1 thing, doing it Grand final day is another. For Wandin sake I hope they can do it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back