Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree bertron, my point i was trying to make was that if your going to accuse a club or person for being the informants, best you have the nuts and bolts to back it up...

Anyway, I hope it goes nowhere, good luck to them for thinking outside the box...

The League knew about it before Yarra Glen did. Story is he had verbal approval to play for Woori and that apparently is enough. He did take the field in the last quarter, probably needed the run to avoid being frozen solid on the bench.

The League knew about it before Yarra Glen did. Story is he had verbal approval to play for Woori and that apparently is enough. He did take the field in the last quarter, probably needed the run to avoid being frozen solid on the bench.
Verbal approval is enough? That's garbage. Don't know who told you that. And it should have been updated on the website if it was just "delayed"

Verbal approval is enough? That's garbage. Don't know who told you that. And it should have been updated on the website if it was just "delayed"
This issue won't grow legs 10571z, as much as it "seems" to be a flaunt of of rules, I feel it's too sticky, and has dour consequences for too many clubs for the league to deal with.

I feel the most logical thing to do is leave all points as is, but not count odonnells games for worri as legitimate, as this was the reason why the rules were flaunted with in the first place,

Imo only

This issue won't grow legs 10571z, as much as it "seems" to be a flaunt of of rules, I feel it's too sticky, and has dour consequences for too many clubs for the league to deal with.

I feel the most logical thing to do is leave all points as is, but not count odonnells games for worri as legitimate, as this was the reason why the rules were flaunted with in the first place,

Imo only

So agree they've broken the rules but do nothing

Can't be half pregnant

Imo only
It's pretty simple really. You need to be cleared to play for your "local" club. Players get cleared weekly so it's not exactly an impossible task. Woori would be very lucky to keep there points for that game imo if all that was posted is true.

I would say they lose there points but Yarra glen don't gain any. It would be to unfair to MT Ev

Last edited:
It's pretty simple really. You need to be cleared to play for your "local" club. Players get cleared weekly so it's not exactly an impossible task. Woori would be very lucky to keep there points for that game imo if all that was posted is true.

I would say they lose there points but Yarra glen don't gain any. It would be to unfair to MT Ev

Its halftime at Wandin and seriously wandin may win by 200 points...

With Belgrave being rolled today it looks as though the final 5 is settled, which poses the first of my questions; when was the last time the 5 had been known with 3 rounds to play?

All interest will now be on who finishes 3rd and gets the coveted second chance. Healesville, Woori and Olinda all have winnable games next week, but in round 17 Olinda play Healesville at Olinda whilst Woori play Mount Evelyn at home. In round 18 Healesville play Woori at Healesville with Olinda playing Wandin at Wandin. Healesville for mine (at the moment).

Even though third spot is huge with its double chance, you'd be pretty happy playing Monbulk on the bigger and dryer gounds come September. Monbulk with their woeful lack of speed and depth look ripe for the picking and I can see them being exposed in a big way. Which brings me to to the second of my questions; when was the last time a team finished second ,3 games clear of third as it looks at the moment, and was out in straight sets?

With Belgrave being rolled today it looks as though the final 5 is settled, which poses the first of my questions; when was the last time the 5 had been known with 3 rounds to play?

All interest will now be on who finishes 3rd and gets the coveted second chance. Healesville, Woori and Olinda all have winnable games next week, but in round 17 Olinda play Healesville at Olinda whilst Woori play Mount Evelyn at home. In round 18 Healesville play Woori at Healesville with Olinda playing Wandin at Wandin. Healesville for mine (at the moment).

Even though third spot is huge with its double chance, you'd be pretty happy playing Monbulk on the bigger and dryer gounds come September. Monbulk with their woeful lack of speed and depth look ripe for the picking and I can see them being exposed in a big way. Which brings me to to the second of my questions; when was the last time a team finished second ,3 games clear of third as it looks at the moment, and was out in straight sets?

Monbulk finished top of the table in 2011, 6 point clear. They went out in straight sets. Lost their 2 finals by a total of 89 points.

Woori have no case to answer. Paper work from Box Hills end was delayed
Well well well, my good box hill source tells me, it appears woori "did" have a case to answer until a big power broking ruck coach Damian monkhorst got involved, being the ruck coach at hawthorn and box hill, he pulled a few favours in to get it "smeared over" and a strong "just let it pass" was requested...

Box hill wasnt happy about it, but we're told to "say" they forgot the paperwork, to appease the calls for foul play,

A precedent has now been set by the yvmdfl officials, you can now in fact have players lodged to play at both clubs now on the one day...

Nepotism at its finest...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well well well, my good box hill source tells me, it appears woori "did" have a case to answer until a big power broking ruck coach Damian monkhorst got involved, being the ruck coach at hawthorn and box hill, he pulled a few favours in to get it "smeared over" and a strong "just let it pass" was requested...

Box hill wasnt happy about it, but we're told to "say" they forgot the paperwork, to appease the calls for foul play,

A precedent has now been set by the yvmdfl officials, you can now in fact have players lodged to play at both clubs now on the one day...

Nepotism at its finest...
Thought this might be the case. I couldn't figure out why a AFL aligned club would release a player to play the day before a VFL game. To be honest im surprised this excuse was taken. The weekend clearances go up on a friday night and should be checked by the club. As you said a massive precedent has been set.

As the rule stands NOW you can play a game in the Yarra valley on the Saturday and in the vfl the next day if the Vfl club is happy with that arrangement . The Efl has a rule that you can't and I'm sure this will be the case in the yvmdfl in the near future. Box Hill agreed to give him a clearance on the Friday but forgot to put it in, but can put in a LATE PERMIT after realising what was done. Nice theory on Monkey, but a fair way off the mark. You need a new source at Box Hill I think

As the rule stands NOW you can play a game in the Yarra valley on the Saturday and in the vfl the next day if the Vfl club is happy with that arrangement . The Efl has a rule that you can't and I'm sure this will be the case in the yvmdfl in the near future. Box Hill agreed to give him a clearance on the Friday but forgot to put it in, but can put in a LATE PERMIT after realising what was done. Nice theory on Monkey, but a fair way off the mark. You need a new source at Box Hill I think

When did the late permit go in out of curiosity?

Is it time stamped somehow ?

Absolute crock, monkey, did pull the strings on this one, he went into damage control mode and called on the powers at hawthorn to pressure box hill to say they forgot to lodge, and the only reason that woori never lost the points was that box hill (after being told to by hawthorn) manufactured the "we forgot to lodge it" excuse.
It worked, and the yvmdfl officials know it was a fabricated pile of tripe and subsequently have to swallow it, but they do know how it really unfolded.

So valley boy, hose it down and try to diffuse it any way you like, because that is exactly how it unfolded.

Precedence has been set, and now the league has to deal with it, all this, after woori had already been previously warned for doing th same thing in past seasons with, ironically, Damian's son Ben...

Haha, I know Hawthorne is a powerful club but to intervene in a country footy game is amusing. In fact it wasn't Monkey but Andrew Newbolt who rang the league and made Afl vic sweep this under the Carpet.
Pffft, he called on a favour, my local club has a problem and I need it to go away blah blah, quick call to a football manager another phone call later and "wallah" a bonified, genuine, manufactured covered up excuse...

Simple really....

I don't see how the box hill forgot arguement stood up? Seems to me the simple fact is when you get a player transferred for the weekend you should be checking it if it is all done Friday and if not clear it up Saturday morning. This is the job of clubs. This leaves the door open for other teams to exploit this with playing uncleared/unregistered players.

Either way Box Hill would not be letting there snr player be playing the day before a match so all Woori has done is exploit the rules in order to qualify a very good VFL player for finals.

Good try mate . What are you guys at Wandin so worried about, it's in the bag, just move on and enjoy the rest of the year
I'm sure the wandin boys would love to hear that, but alas, I'm not affiliated with them, however I'm very envious of wandin, but my club does however have a keen eye on the outcomes and impact of the decision that "should" of been handed down.

Haha, I know Hawthorne is a powerful club but to intervene in a country footy game is amusing. In fact it wasn't Monkey but Andrew Newbolt who rang the league and made Afl vic sweep this under the Carpet.

Didn't Wayne Carey raise it on Friday night footy and then Clarko has obviously got involved to have it covered up??

It's all done and dusted now, and I have heard similar rumours but nothing will come of it other than a young kid probably misses playing finals for a vfl player that's played all of 15 mins game time for the year!!! Promoting there juniors and developing young blokes is something that woori have been applauded and/or beat there chest about in recent years so maybe that policy went out the door when rhino left and they've now decided to enter the high end recruiting stakes like wandin and monbulk!!!

It's all done and dusted now, and I have heard similar rumours but nothing will come of it other than a young kid probably misses playing finals for a vfl player that's played all of 15 mins game time for the year!!! Promoting there juniors and developing young blokes is something that woori have been applauded and/or beat there chest about in recent years so maybe that policy went out the door when rhino left and they've now decided to enter the high end recruiting stakes like wandin and monbulk!!!
Exactly, Totally agree Dixie, shame, but very true...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back