Prediction Sell me on Port Adelaide 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I find the way they blame Hinkley for everything a bit odd. They’ve had a good squad the last few years but not like it’s a walk up premiership squad. Better teams than Port have missed a flag in their window.
What, like being top of the ladder the entire H&A season?

Shoulda had one. Haven’t. 10 years. Hinkley bye bye.

I find the way they blame Hinkley for everything a bit odd. They’ve had a good squad the last few years but not like it’s a walk up premiership squad. Better teams than Port have missed a flag in their window.

• Biggest home prelim loss of all time: "wouldn't change a thing"
  • Thumped off the park by Hawthorn in tribute game to Russell Ebert
  • longest serving coach at one club in VFL/AFL history to never make a grand final
  • mumbling talk about "working harder" without having any discernable tactics whatsoever
  • bent the club over a barrel for a contract extension, pretending to go to the suns which dumbass Koch fell for
  • drained about 7 million bucks out of the club for no result just in his salary
  • stopped engaging with supporters years ago, now the club actually hides him because he's on the nose
  • a bizarre media following that thinks he's gods gift despite achieving bugger all other than an exciting season 8 years ago. Totally immune to criticism despite his ridiculously long tenure
  • a club administration that backs Hinkley above all else, gaslighting it's own supporters as "white noise"
  • declining attendances and memberships
  • no hope of success with stinkley in charge, he's got 130 years of history against him
  • an exceedingly dull gamestyle (pundits that don't watch us label is "exciting", that was last the case in 2014)
  • extremely frequent Hinkley goalless or scoreless quarters have become his MO.
  • since 2014 we basically never come back from trailing. If we are behind, we lose. There is virtually no hope of a comeback if we go more than a kick or two behind.
  • uncomfortable, stale atmosphere at games. No excitement as we've seen it all before over the last decade.
  • a gaslit history retelling that we were the worst club in existence, despite the fact we were s**t for 2 years, like pretty much every club has been at some point. Didn't even win a spoon in that period yet it's supposed to define our history???

That's just a start.

Gee I wonder why don't da ports like Kenny??

If you're still asking this you haven't been paying attention.

• Biggest home prelim loss of all time: "wouldn't change a thing"
  • Thumped off the park by Hawthorn in tribute game to Russell Ebert
  • longest serving coach at one club in VFL/AFL history to never make a grand final
  • mumbling talk about "working harder" without having any discernable tactics whatsoever
  • bent the club over a barrel for a contract extension, pretending to go to the suns which dumbass Koch fell for
  • drained about 7 million bucks out of the club for no result just in his salary
  • stopped engaging with supporters years ago, now the club actually hides him because he's on the nose
  • a bizarre media following that thinks he's gods gift despite achieving bugger all other than an exciting season 8 years ago. Totally immune to criticism despite his ridiculously long tenure
  • a club administration that backs Hinkley above all else, gaslighting it's own supporters as "white noise"
  • declining attendances and memberships
  • no hope of success with stinkley in charge, he's got 130 years of history against him
  • an exceedingly dull gamestyle (pundits that don't watch us label is "exciting", that was last the case in 2014)
  • extremely frequent Hinkley goalless or scoreless quarters have become his MO.
  • since 2014 we basically never come back from trailing. If we are behind, we lose. There is virtually no hope of a comeback if we go more than a kick or two behind.
  • uncomfortable, stale atmosphere at games. No excitement as we've seen it all before over the last decade.
  • a gaslit history retelling that we were the worst club in existence, despite the fact we were s**t for 2 years, like pretty much every club has been at some point. Didn't even win a spoon in that period yet it's supposed to define our history???

That's just a start.

Gee I wonder why don't da ports like Kenny??

If you're still asking this you haven't been paying attention.
That started well and went off the rails about halfway through

I'm not sold on us either. I don't see us anywhere near bottom 4 but I also don't see us as any sort of genuine threat.

Our first month is Brisbane at home (they often do a number on us), Collingwood at the G (I'm not necessarily sold on Collingwood repeating last year but the Pies will be favourites there), the Showdown (always a who knows situation), and Sydney at the SCG (unless the grand final really did a number on them you would expect they'd be clear favourites there). Not all that crazy to suggest we could be 0-4 to start, and with the following round being the Gather Round and you would assume all the football media being in SA, we could hear the jungle drums start to beat for Hinkley early.

Or we could just chuck him another 2 years extension because we're idiots. Who knows

I'm not sold on us either. I don't see us anywhere near bottom 4 but I also don't see us as any sort of genuine threat.

Our first month is Brisbane at home (they often do a number on us), Collingwood at the G (I'm not necessarily sold on Collingwood repeating last year but the Pies will be favourites there), the Showdown (always a who knows situation), and Sydney at the SCG (unless the grand final really did a number on them you would expect they'd be clear favourites there). Not all that crazy to suggest we could be 0-4 to start, and with the following round being the Gather Round and you would assume all the football media being in SA, we could hear the jungle drums start to beat for Hinkley early.

Or we could just chuck him another 2 years extension because we're idiots. Who knows
Jesus that’s pessimistic.

Brisbane and Sydney are 50/50 games. Neither fans would be confident of a win.

Adelaide are well well below us at this point of time, we will walk all over them.

Pies had a first year coach bounce and haven’t improved over the off season. We will likely win that game, at worst you would call it 50/50.

Absolute worst case scenario we come out of that month 2 wins out of 4 games.

I believe PAFC is going to finish bottom 4 in 2023, and possible Spoon candidates.
Bottom 4

The Office Lol GIF

Imagine. How. Dumb. You. Look. Right. Now.

Wasn't the first time, and I dare say won't be the last either

Important for PAFC players and supporters not to get too carried away (I am sure the players won't)

That second half was a good and blistering performance I have seen from Port in a couple of years, hope you can repeat that against Collingwood:)

The upside for Port is the continued development of the likes of...

Rozee
Butters
Duursma
Marshall
Georgiades
Sinn
Bergmann
Jones
JHF
Pasini

Pretty much all early picks.

All with big potential upsides.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not a bad bunch of youth coming through.

Each team plays 23 games and I look up Ports fixture.

I won't be surprised if port make finals with 14 or 15 wins.

That's either a 14 win and 9 loss record or 15 wins and 8 loss record

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't the first time, and I dare say won't be the last either
Yeah, cause Rozee, Butters, JHF, Bergman and Duursma turning the game at HT is such a surprise? Ignoring Marshall, Jones and others too...

Everyone with half a brain rated the draftees Port has had lately.

So there's stupid comments, than there's what you said.

Literally no reason they can’t win the flag. Richmond turned it around in 2017. Do not see how Port couldn’t. Certain things you look for;

Coach who is embattled but club sticks by him

List that has had finals experience

List that has star power

List that makes tweaks and changes to iron out deficiencies

Port has recruited well and ticks those boxes above. I am tipping them right now for the flag.

The posts calling out the bottom 4 post 1 game into the season are inviting the karma bus a little too much for my liking, but if the midfield clicks like it did today we could do pretty well this year. It's immediately clear that Horne Francis will be a hell of a player though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back