Review SF: Magpies v Bulldogs SUN 12:10pm | Adelaide Oval

Winner is...?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Two things.
First, we only played a half of decent footy where we looked like having some passion and mongrel. It cost us in the end.
Second, I'd like to hear an explanation as too how the SANFL think that's an acceptable standard of umpiring. Even allowing for how supporters view incidents involving their own team/players, there were calls that both baffled and infuruiated. Hell, even two Eagles supporters behind me were calling bullshit. My wife swore to never go to a SANFL game again and I have to say Im starting to agree. Its gone way beyond being a case of a bad day from the umps to looking like a deliberate campaign to disadvantage the Magpies.

Geez, the SNAFL would be hoping like hell the Dogs make it through to the granny. Just to get any sort of crowd. That's assuming they give a s**t, lol...

Geez, the SNAFL would be hoping like hell the Dogs make it through to the granny. Just to get any sort of crowd. That's assuming they give a s**t, lol...
from what I saw today as long as the SANFL have scheduled the final on a dole pay week the turnout should be fine

'Twas a few positives out of today for our AFLgraders with Frampton, Clurey, Amon, Butch and Palmer all contributing. Hope the SANcoruptFL Enjoy their 10,000 spectators at the GF:$

Not good but give him a break - 30C in the shade and he busted his gut all day. He at least gave it his all... just not a great footballer.
Agree he tried his butt off and many players went through the motions. But he isnt afl standard unfortunately. Attitude fantastic though. Puts a few too many others to shame

I think next year we'll have some midfield players come in through the draft , this year we had heaps of talls trying to unearth another gem and Byrne - Jones and Russell are more flanker types and we've had to rely heavily on Mitchell, Moore , Young and Summerton , I don't know what happened to Sawford , Sharrod and Masters , even Howard got a bit found out today . Redden was ok , Butch was pretty good even though he struggled to hold his marks a bit today . Frampton shows a bit fer sure as does Palmer , Amon had one of his teasing games where every time he gets it he's dangerous but he didn't get it enough . Colqhoun was a bit meh along with more , I guess they targeted the right guys .
I thought Clurey was very good doing a Hombsch type role .
I think all year we've had the umps giving the poor little SANFL teams a bit of a leg up .
Then the finals rules come in and it's fair to say they don't want us to win the flag .

The scoreboard mixing up the free kicks have made a few Centrals supporters upset at the umpiring on the train.
At half time our score red 2:1 12, my 10 year old went"their even ripping us off on the score board"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the hit out count then look at the clearance numbers. Far out.
reflected a fair bit of lazy work from our midfielders or really poor communication between them and the ruckmen. I lost count of the number of times Redden put the ball directly to what appeared to be a set position, only to look completely baffled when there wasn't a Maggies player anywhere to be seen and the dogs were able to walk away from the stoppage.

Looking at the big picture, in a way it's not a bad thing that we lost. At least now that the season is over for everyone, we can properly get started on 2016 preparation and list management.
I would even venture to say that the straight sets losses were engineered by the hierarchy to achieve this very outcome.

Mate of mine asked me this morning if I was going to the game today. Told him no because centals (pronounced sen - tulls) would beat us and our boys could all start our holidays and then pre season ASAP.
We would win this pissant league if it was part of the bigger picture.

As much as I have always loved the Maggies for the last 48 years and with apologies to the Maggies diehards but I don't think Kern and co see a B grade flag as more important than the big prize and I agree with them.

When you lose finals there are no positives. Today was reality. The Magpies can only hope to be in a grand final if and only if the afl side make prelims at the very least and even then it is no guarantee. We are in denial if we believe otherwise. Each person that understands the structure knows it. As far as I have researched (which is not enough to be certain), other afl teams do not have these restrictions.

We've lost everything but our position in this league. What does it really mean to our club to lose our position in this league totally?

I would even venture to say that the straight sets losses were engineered by the hierarchy to achieve this very outcome.

Mate of mine asked me this morning if I was going to the game today. Told him no because centals (pronounced sen - tulls) would beat us and our boys could all start our holidays and then pre season ASAP.
We would win this pissant league if it was part of the bigger picture.

As much as I have always loved the Maggies for the last 48 years and with apologies to the Maggies diehards but I don't think Kern and co see a B grade flag as more important than the big prize and I agree with them.
if you've followed port for 48 years you would know there is no way they would engineer a loss in a final, nice try, but 100% wrong.

When you lose finals there are no positives. Today was reality. The Magpies can only hope to be in a grand final if and only if the afl side make prelims at the very least and even then it is no guarantee. We are in denial if we believe otherwise. Each person that understands the structure knows it. As far as I have researched (which is not enough to be certain), other afl teams do not have these restrictions.

We've lost everything but our position in this league. What does it really mean to our club to lose our position in this league totally?
I'm not in denial, thought our first year players stood up quite well today. But thanks to the new SANFL ruling our top up's are s**t. That's reality I'm afraid.

if you've followed port for 48 years you would know there is no way they would engineer a loss in a final, nice try, but 100% wrong.

Not so sure, there is a bigger picture.
We thumped west two weeks ago and the performances we have seen since leaves me to ponder.

Not so sure, there is a bigger picture.
We thumped west two weeks ago and the performances we have seen since leaves me to ponder.

We thumped West because they rested about 5 players.

Saw KT at half time, you could tell from his demeanor that he was pretty pissed off. He cared

Sounds like the average Crow supporter. If they lose a rule is made that football talk is off limits. Soon as they win its rah rah rah. Pathetic really

He's a Crows supporter... except when they're crap. Then he's a Lions supporter. But when they're crap, he switches back.

Actually, the last time he rang was the Gabba debacle.

Campaigner.

Back