Media SFA Ask Me Anything: Future Admin Edition feat. Filth, Juggs and RU_ - officially endorsed by oleg.

Who do you think should be the next admin?

• The Filth Wizard

• RU_

• Juggalo Balla

• Quivorir

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Then why did you post over a hundred times in that thread?

I post over 100 in quite a few threads, dont think you're entirely special with that one...But that thread, even you have to admit, was not a good experience for those involved.

And pray, what subjects do you consider not spamming? I can look through countless media threads and find the exact quality of posts I see in game threads, but these kind of posts only get called 'spam' if they are in game threads. I admit that there are quite a lot of needless posts in threads, but when I first joined the Rats I found I was the only one posting for days in a thread, so I would spam just to make our presence felt, yes. I would rather active posters than not. It balances out once rookies become more experienced

This has been happening for seasons and all the wind bags puff up some long boring post about how it's everyone elses fault.

If you're Captain or Vc or leadership group you need to lead by example and post, you need to be the one who is at the fore front, if not just be a useless pawn and sit in the back seat while someone else takes the reigns.

Juggs, pettersssss, sanchez and Ljp copped flack for being s**t Captains yet you've had moments and now Marlowe seems to be the one who can't get a team up.
Captains are to blame, how hard is it to recruit a few posters?

That's not the point of what I was saying.

My point was the only people accusing others of being inactive are the ones that have taken their activity through the roof. I personally don't think the Royals for example are inactive. Uninspired maybe but certainly active enough not to have their status called into account.

Posters pointing fingers of inactivity need to consider this - your teams are strangling match threads. They are generally nonsensical and humourless. Your teams are making it difficult for any other team to engage with you. You talk to yourselves. This applies especially to those who are using the SFA to boost their post counts. Stop pointing fingers at others and turn them back onto yourselves.

My point was the only people accusing others of being inactive are the ones that have taken their activity through the roof. I personally don't think the Royals for example are inactive. Uninspired maybe but certainly active enough not to have their status called into account.

Posters pointing fingers of inactivity need to consider this - your teams are strangling match threads. They are generally nonsensical and humourless. Your teams are making it difficult for any other team to engage with you. You talk to yourselves. This applies especially to those who are using the SFA to boost their post counts. Stop pointing fingers at others and turn them back onto yourselves.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just querying what spam actually is in the context of things. Is replying to someones post spam? Because that is the majority of posts in game threads I wonder into. The only way to curb this is to restrict the amount of posts a poster can post in a thread

Spam is what it is. Although some people have different perceptions of what spam is and what consitutes spam. And there are varying degrees of spam. When I first joined in S16 I posted. A lot. Because it was a new and wonderful thing for me and I was keen to get involved, to the point where I often had the most posts in a thread. And boy did I cop it. I think I hit 100 posts in one match thread and a big deal was made about how spam was getting out of hand.

End of the day, if someone enjoys posting 3-5 times in a row with just images or short replies or to no one but themselves then...eh, what are we going to do to punish them?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just querying what spam actually is in the context of things. Is replying to someones post spam? Because that is the majority of posts in game threads I wonder into. The only way to curb this is to restrict the amount of posts a poster can post in a thread

Again, I'm not sure about restricting anything.

I'm merely arguing for the teams accused of inactivity. If the Rats had 900 posts to the Royals 100 in a thread is one team inactive or the other spamming? I don't understand the concept of a player from a HEAVY posting side (not you) accusing a team of inactivity when their basis for comparison is themselves. Criticising another team for either being spammy or inactive (I'm aware I over emphasised their lack of appeal a few posts back) is lazy banter, it was old two seasons ago.

And in conclusion, the ONLY way a team will be removed from the league is if they can't meet the minimum PLAYER requirement. That's the way the rules are written.

Again, I'm not sure about restricting anything.

I'm merely arguing for the teams accused of inactivity. If the Rats had 900 posts to the Royals 100 in a thread is one team inactive or the other spamming? I don't understand the concept of a player from a HEAVY posting side (not you) accusing a team of inactivity when their basis for comparison is themselves. Criticising another team for either being spammy or inactive (I'm aware I over emphasised their lack of appeal a few posts back) is lazy banter, it was old two seasons ago.

And in conclusion, the ONLY way a team will be removed from the league is if they can't meet the minimum PLAYER requirement. That's the way the rules are written.

Its not so much an attack on their ACTIVENESS it was a comment on their PRESENCE(Spelling?) in the thread. A team can have limited posts/posters/content and still have a decent presence in a thread. I didnt feel any of that from the Royals.

I don't think you'll see another merger in your lifetime.

I also find that most of those that criticise teams for being "inactive" are the ones whose perspective is based on what they see when bobbing their head up whilst gradually drowning in the flowing rivers of their own teams spammy s**t. I get how it looks boring and like a team isn't trying, the arrival of an opposition poster is a godsend but that's only because you just waded through two pages of your own teammates filth.

Perspective is a wonderful thing. There's been a couple of match threads this season where I've looked in after an hour or so and ten pages of interminable garbage have appeared. Firstly it's hard to cut in and secondly, who would want to? Banter doesn't exist for some teams anymore, just drivel.

Perceived inactivity isn't ruining this league. Endless garbage spam fests are.
Exactly right.

The idea that there are "too many clubs" and that is causing a drop in quality is flawed. The dream of "20 active posters" is also flawed. The Sweet FA is hyperactive at the moment. More activity than ever. This could be viewed as a great thing, but to some people it is not (when there is a drop in quality). Quality is in the eye of the beholder, I admit. But meaningless, off-topic drivel is not quality to anyone, surely?

When some clubs have too many active posters, it becomes a spam-off for prominence. Prominence within the team, within the match threads, for the top QOOTY positions. SPREADING the active players among a larger number of clubs creates more clubs with a core of 6-7 posters and a few bit-part contributors rather than 14-15 core posters and 5-6 but-part contributors. It places less pressure on posters to "keep their numbers up" to hold onto a position or to maintain prominence/relevance in the league or within their team.

"Inactive" teams aren't a problem. Having 12 teams isn't a problem. The spread of players is, and that ultimately comes down to captains of the less active teams utilising their leadership groups to recruit. They should be able to offer the relevance/prominence/positions that those pedalling drivel seek.

Reducing the teams from 12 to 11 or 10 would not see the "problem" as some would describe it go away. It would have the opposite effect.

For the record, the above theory was coined many many seasons ago by Mobbenfuhrer himself and it changed my perspective on expansion. I have sided with him ever since.

Spam is what it is. Although some people have different perceptions of what spam is and what consitutes spam. And there are varying degrees of spam. When I first joined in S16 I posted. A lot. Because it was a new and wonderful thing for me and I was keen to get involved, to the point where I often had the most posts in a thread. And boy did I cop it. I think I hit 100 posts in one match thread and a big deal was made about how spam was getting out of hand.

End of the day, if someone enjoys posting 3-5 times in a row with just images or short replies or to no one but themselves then...eh, what are we going to do to punish them?

Ah, well then you should understand the exuberance of that 2000 post game thread. We had a bunch of rookies doing what you did...it is toning down as I type. Which makes me wonder what all the commotion is about us spamming. Wisdom will see that it will naturally balance out

Ah, well then you should understand the exuberance of that 2000 post game thread. We had a bunch of rookies doing what you did...it is toning down as I type. Which makes me wonder what all the commotion is about us spamming. Wisdom will see that it will naturally balance out

You'll find most teams tend to wind down in their posting as the season wears on. I believe akkaps has a neat graph that shows this.

Oh, so you're for the countless spamming media threads of nonsense? I tend to peruse one or two of them a week out of politeness. No game threads, and you might as well just spawn generic players into each game, no need to involve BF members is there?

Would solve list inactivity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you're saying that one side shouldn't post in the game thread because it makes it hard for the useless inactive sides to join in?

Seems like you don't want the Fun to be bought back and just want more of the boring crap okey's been dishing up......
Yahoo Serious couldn't have written a better script.

Exactly right.

The idea that there are "too many clubs" and that is causing a drop in quality is flawed. The dream of "20 active posters" is also flawed. The Sweet FA is hyperactive at the moment. More activity than ever. This could be viewed as a great thing, but to some people it is not (when there is a drop in quality). Quality is in the eye of the beholder, I admit. But meaningless, off-topic drivel is not quality to anyone, surely?

When some clubs have too many active posters, it becomes a spam-off for prominence. Prominence within the team, within the match threads, for the top QOOTY positions. SPREADING the active players among a larger number of clubs creates more clubs with a core of 6-7 posters and a few bit-part contributors rather than 14-15 core posters and 5-6 but-part contributors. It places less pressure on posters to "keep their numbers up" to hold onto a position or to maintain prominence/relevance in the league or within their team.

"Inactive" teams aren't a problem. Having 12 teams isn't a problem. The spread of players is, and that ultimately comes down to captains of the less active teams utilising their leadership groups to recruit. They should be able to offer the relevance/prominence/positions that those pedalling drivel seek.

Reducing the teams from 12 to 11 or 10 would not see the "problem" as some would describe it go away. It would have the opposite effect.

For the record, the above theory was coined many many seasons ago by Mobbenfuhrer himself and it changed my perspective on expansion. I have sided with him ever since.

Hurry up and step down already.

So you're saying that one side shouldn't post in the game thread because it makes it hard for the useless inactive sides to join in?

Seems like you don't want the Fun to be bought back and just want more of the boring crap okey's been dishing up......
Yahoo Serious couldn't have written a better script.

What?

You aren't comprehending what I'm saying.

I'm saying teams aren't inactive just because they aren't posting as much as a team that posts excessively. Teams are entitled to have their own culture. They are entitled to not respond to every post in a thread, especially when a lot is garbage. If the post count is 5:1, maybe the team posting more needs to consider the quality they are bringing to the league.

fumbler your inability to comprehend even the most basic of points is one of my favourite things about this league. Keep on keeping on, my scrambled associate.

Really?
Favourite............. strange unit is strange.

What?

You aren't comprehending what I'm saying.

I'm saying teams aren't inactive just because they aren't posting as much as a team that posts excessively. Teams are entitled to have their own culture. They are entitled to not respond to every post in a thread, especially when a lot is garbage. If the post count is 5:1, maybe the team posting more needs to consider the quality they are bringing to the league.

What?

The game gets played how the player chooses, it's up to Captains like yourself to keep things rolling.

Having an idle game thread suck dick.

Really?
Favourite............. strange unit is strange.

What?

The game gets played how the player chooses, it's up to Captains like yourself to keep things rolling.

Having an idle game thread suck dick.

And again, it only seems idle to clubs that decide to have their reunion personal chats/favourite gif comps in a match thread. Some teams don't engage their opponents any more, just themselves and if they do, it's to accuse of inactivity. Snooze.

And again, it only seems idle to clubs that decide to have their reunion personal chats/favourite gif comps in a match thread. Some teams don't engage their opponents any more, just themselves and if they do, it's to accuse of inactivity. Snooze.

Sometimes the only people in the thread TO engage are your own team mates...Either because the clubs has few posters or because they are taking the "We dont want to banter with your s**t club" stance.

Sometimes the only people in the thread TO engage are your own team mates...Either because the clubs has few posters or because they are taking the "We dont want to banter with your s**t club" stance.

Sometimes, but sometimes it takes a whole smoke break to wade through chatter that has appeared since the last smoke break.

There needs to be a happy medium. It's a fairly new phenomenon.

Sometimes, but sometimes it takes a whole smoke break to wade through chatter that has appeared since the last smoke break.

There needs to be a happy medium. It's a fairly new phenomenon.

Will you be making the SFA A Non-Smoking sport when you become Dictator Admin?

It is a fantastically passive-aggressive stance to take. I love it.

Back