SFL 2010 Division 1 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Pauls carried on after the win did they??. Did they sing their song on the ground and walk off arm in arm like under 12's?

Gday All,

Just wondering if the Deaton playing with Mordialloc is related to Mick Deaton. I played with Mick at Mordi in my first year and his last year of VFA Div 2, so interested to see if it his son running around now. Mick was a gun player.

A few un happy committee members called a emergancy meeting last night at the Dingley Den.

A 75K list and looking like a bottom 2 finish is not acceptable form all reports.

Only got invited down to Willy after JPS spoke to Brendan Curry and the admin, and gave him a pump up.
Improved greatly from the previous year in the tac cup and impressed over pre season and has now played senior VFL football.
Had it not been for his mate, he would most likely by playing local footy but now has a real chance of being picked up as a rookie at years end.
Good story in my book.

Only got invited down to Willy after JPS spoke to Brendan Curry and the admin, and gave him a pump up.
Improved greatly from the previous year in the tac cup and impressed over pre season and has now played senior VFL football.
Had it not been for his mate, he would most likely by playing local footy but now has a real chance of being picked up as a rookie at years end.
Good story in my book.

He is a great kid, been at City for 8-10 years in juniors, had last 2 at dragons and did pre season at Sandy, always around the club,we hope he gets picked up , unfortunately for us he may never play senior footy with StKilda City!!!!!!!!

A few un happy committee members called a emergancy meeting last night at the Dingley Den.

A 75K list and looking like a bottom 2 finish is not acceptable form all reports.

Maybe the committee down at Dingley should stand down as well.
They appointed him knowing he was on the nose....

Myview wont be happy until a coach has got the chop.
Rudd got the flick if that cheers you up.

Not at all i was told there was some in fighting at Stkilda City last week.
And the Coach offered to resign reason being he felt he had lost some of the playing group
Not sure if it is true can someone from city confirm or deny this romour?

No possible way I saw a list worth $75000 run around a few weeks ago. That figure cannot possibly be correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big game between Mordi and Heights this week end. Mordi back to full strength from all reports and might just get the chocolates, although its always hard to tip against a side that is 10-0. Will be close, Mordi might have to play Martello at full back on filthy..
Chelsea by 6 pts...
An angry Saints outfit will account for Chelt comfortably.
Tooronga over Dingley and Springy to make it 2 in a row..
Another big game between EB and St Pauls, doggies red hot and have closed the gap completely on Heights and Saints recently, if EB get up might put some space between them and the fight for 5th.. I'll go Doggies, who will go through rest of the season undefeated...

Not at all i was told there was some in fighting at Stkilda City last week.
And the Coach offered to resign reason being he felt he had lost some of the playing group
Not sure if it is true can someone from city confirm or deny this romour?

Sorry mate not true, I think everyone on here got a little bit excited about the loss and theres been no infighting, I can tell you the players were extremely disappointed with the result and have vowed to work harder to make sure we give a more honest account of ourselves for the rest of the year and the finals, whoever started the rumor about the coaches demise did a bloody good job, my phone ran hot from Sunday til Tuesday with many different versions.
Although Chelsea Heights seem to be well ahead of the rest, lets see what happens in September

Rumor has it the coach has signed as assistant at Noble?
does any one know if this is the case?:confused:

$75k where did they get that kind of money from?
seing one or two of there games not a chance any of them should be paid?:cool:

The 75 K is for the football dept which covers coaching fees & trainers.You would be amazed it soon adds up. Thats about 4 K a week which is about average for Div 1 I reakon !!!!

$75k where did they get that kind of money from?
seing one or two of there games not a chance any of them should be paid?:cool:

The 75 K is for the football dept which covers coaching fees & trainers.You would be amazed it soon adds up. Thats about 4 K a week which is about average for Div 1 I reakon !!!!

Facts are they are better than 4 teamsthe results dont back that up.
I would not be suprised if they are searching for a new Coach already..
Can anyone shed any light on this Club?

Facts are they are better than 4 teamsthe results dont back that up.
I would not be suprised if they are searching for a new Coach already..
Can anyone shed any light on this Club?

I hear that Quinny has already been told that his services are no longer required as of the end of the season.

The rumor is crap & very boring, unless had had a clone at training last night ,we lost fair and square on Saturday no excuses, StPauls obviously rated the win highly and celebrated as if they won the flag and good on them, they even kept the score on the scoreboard until Sunday night, thats what local footy is about , a bit of passion and a bit of rivalry, its definitely added a bit of excitement/interest to the comp. With 8 weeks to go alot can happen and flags arent won in June/July.
Lets see what happens when the stakes are at there highest, cant wait for the finals, be good going to the finals as the 3rd best team!

We celebrated but nowhere near like we did in 08 when we won the flag. The boys were happy because we penciled this game in as a big make or break point for our season.

And on the score, it usually gets left up there till the next week because the kids that operate the scoreboard can't wait to get out of there and forget to remove it......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back