SFL Division 2 - 2013

Who will win SFL Div 2 Final in 2013

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No excuses coming from Bentleigh 2s, we got our arses handed to us, plain & simple. It was our 8th loss in 101 games, not a bad effort except 2 of those losses are Grand Finals (yes I'm a tragic that keeps count ;) )

Skye were far more hungrier than us & won the contested ball pretty much all over the ground. Their crowd made up of 3 squads + non playing supporters was electrifying (not that I enjoyed it on the day :D ) almost created a 19th man on the field. Congrats to Skye on the win, probably still celebrating & so they should, cos 2s premierships do matter.

It will be changing of the guard at Bentleigh in 2014 as we go up to division 1, with a number of over 30s retiring & serveral colts players elevating to senior ranks. So there'll be a more youthful looking side that will be developed for future 1s footy.

I bet most are looking forward to only 8 weeks left to preseason ;) :D

What a great day

We just got infront early, and bentleigh continued to turn the ball over, plus there midfield was beaten badly on the day

The first 5 minutes of the 3rd qtr, bentleigh were coming hard, they kicked 4 pts in a row and then my main Man Kane Tucker went *******, kicked 3 odd goals, wazza the champ kicked a miracle goal from the boundary, and when we got to the 9 goal margin just before 3qtr time, i knew we had won the game

As soon as they had to take Kingy out of the ruck i knew they were gone, plus the flog ollie box didnt go near the ball and mickey kane did a huge job on hendo

It really was a great day to finish on, a few of the skye boys hung up there boots after the game, myself included, the boys who i had played footy with since the club pretty much started, The skipper Espie and full back of the century Cookey to name a few

Fish was right, the crowd that came down to support us in that pocket was unbelieavable, the atmosphere when we got on top, it was hard not to continue on the way we were going with there support

Full Credit must go to the coaching staff and H, he said to us after bentleigh reserves were banging on the wall between the 2 club rooms after that round 18 pointless win, that it doesnt matter who wins the first couple of games, it only matters who wins the last!! I will never forget they way the bentleigh flogs reacted after that round 18 win, and we have the last laugh now!!!

Cant wait to get me hands on a copy of the DVD this week

so I just got a post deleted, interesting

anyways the general jist was that post was my opinion and in no way a reflection of skye FC's opinions

We all know that its what the senior team achieves that matters most

im just stating what happened on the gf day and what happened after bentleigh reserves beat us in round 18 and the way they reacted to that victory, that gave us enough ammunition to inspire us on gf day, well i know i didnt forget it.

i assume my post got deleted due to the comments i made directly towards the bloke who posted above me, clearly a bentleigh boy, who's previous posts only relate to how bad other teams are and who should and shouldnt be in div 2.....

anyways, fish, what did you think of our picture posted on the sfl website

so I just got a post deleted, interesting

anyways the general jist was that post was my opinion and in no way a reflection of skye FC's opinions

We all know that its what the senior team achieves that matters most

im just stating what happened on the gf day and what happened after bentleigh reserves beat us in round 18 and the way they reacted to that victory, that gave us enough ammunition to inspire us on gf day, well i know i didnt forget it.

i assume my post got deleted due to the comments i made directly towards the bloke who posted above me, clearly a bentleigh boy, who's previous posts only relate to how bad other teams are and who should and shouldnt be in div 2.....

anyways, fish, what did you think of our picture posted on the sfl website

Hahaha was a pisser. I liked it so much that I made it my Facebook profile pic, hope ya don't mind ;)

People were asking me what the hell was going on in the pic & I said the other bloke was telling me that I was "the sh1ttest player on my team." Unfortunately I didn't have much of a rebuttal. Funny pic as a memory for our last game as I too are hanging up the boots.

p.s. your post is still quoted above

yeah nice little memory, in the moment with a bit of white line fever, you never took a backward step so much respect, i loved our little onfield battles, great memories

i dont mind its on me facebook as well

elivs is set to come back to oakliegh next year and famarnis has got offered alot of monet to go o rankstion but he wont go and arvo might be coming back and there getting some really good recruts to so they will have the best team next year

elivs is set to come back to oakliegh next year and famarnis has got offered alot of monet to go o rankstion but he wont go and arvo might be coming back and there getting some really good recruts to so they will have the best team next year

Anythruth to the fact dale Carrol is set to sign with oakleigh districts to play with his brother???

Interesting to see that Canterbury have left the EFL and are heading to the Ammos. Glen Eira rumoured to be in trouble and seeking a (another) merger. The WRFL has moved quickly and poached Werribee Districts & Old Westbourne. Werribee will be a big loss for the Ammos.

Back