Society/Culture Should Australia Reinstate a The Death Penalty?

Should the death penalty be reintroduced in Australia?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not just paedophiles and praying priests you want murdered though, is it? I seem to recall your enthusiastic, if not orgiastic endorsement of the cold-blooded execution of fifty people in Bali, not so long ago. The determinism in your unsubstantiated, bald assertion of the impossibility of reform of paedophiles displays a shallowness of thought which you continues to expose your putrid murderous intent. Think before you get so enthusiastic about the gratuitous, unnecessary death of others. How many more have to die before your blood lust is sated? What a vile person you are.
Oh goody. The troll is back.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-death-penalty-for-chan.224245/page-146#post-38485924

My reply to you there stands.

No. Never.

The trend is towards abolition in all but a few places which have gone the other way. Soon the ledger of abolitionist vs. pro states in the US will be 50/50 too. There are at least four states where capital punishment is, and excuse the pun, in its death throes. Possibly more. Certainly Colorado, Washington, Oregon and Pennsylvania are close to it, and Delaware, California, Kansas and New Hampshire are listing that way too.

There are also many states that have it on their books but basically never use it. In California and Pennsylvania especially, the system is broken.

But basically, it's state sanctioned murder. The state is (rightly) effectively saying you cannot do x, y and z, but then turning around and doing it themselves. Given that the state purports to be government by the people, it's highly hypocritical. It sometimes executes innocent people, and it's also damned costly.

Fair argument, the last one. I suppose I was thinking more of systematic abuse, or repeat offenders.

When do we realise that they are repeat offenders? When they're sentenced to their second stint in the big house? It's often too late by that stage. If you think it's in their DNA, why would you wait for them to become repeat offenders? Why not just get it over and done with when they cop their first arrest for indecent exposure?

I'm against the death penalty full stop and believe as a nation we should be speaking out against it globally.
Read more at http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-death-penalty-for-chan.224245/page-146#0jhcRTzScoxo2zkS.99
Not only a vile person, but a liar who is incapable of remembering what lies he has told. Imbecility raised to the level of an art form.

Yes. For Pedophiles only. They will never ever be rehabilitated and will almost certainly reoffend on release. The scourge of society praying on children.
You mean child rapists.

What about pedophiles who have urges never act on them and get therapy to keep such things in check? Do they deserve to die? Are we going to kill people for what are essentially thought crimes?

Should we bring back the death penalty in Australia?

Yes? Why?

No? Why?

There is no undecided. You're all in favour or all opposed.

Personally despite thinking a few scum feeders like Bayley deserve it, I would be concerned about the chances of executing an innocent person. So no for me.
No.
While some crimes may well warrant the death penalty the Law and those who implement it are too errant.
This is simply insurmountable...ever

Its bad enough that the state takes it upon itself to take life in times of war. There is simply no need outside of those circumstances (and most wars we enter are unnecessary as well).

It is nothing more than revenge acting as a pretence of justice.
The premise that you can deter the commission of a crime by yourself committing the same crime only appeals to simpletons and base human emotions.

You mean child rapists.

What about pedophiles who have urges never act on them and get therapy to keep such things in check? Do they deserve to die? Are we going to kill people for what are essentially thought crimes?
Clearly you can't punish someone who hasn't actually committed a crime. Thinking isn't a crime.

I'm against the death penalty full stop and believe as a nation we should be speaking out against it globally.
I've change my opinion since then. I'm assuming that's okay with you?? I now support the death penalty for child rapists and repeat offenders of pedophilia. I find it somewhat concerning you are defending these types people, but I'm not privy to the circles you move within.

Clearly you can't punish someone who hasn't actually committed a crime. Thinking isn't a crime.
That's the point I was making. People who have such urges but don't act on them are pedophiles as well, so you can't really say pedophiles are deserving of the death penalty.

I've change my opinion since then. I'm assuming that's okay with you?? I now support the death penalty for child rapists and repeat offenders of pedophilia. I find it somewhat concerning you are defending these types people, but I'm not privy to the circles you move within.
So, you changed your mind, and ended up with a worse one. Quite an achievement in your case. Being opposed to institutionalised murder represents a defence of paedophilia in your warped world. You are beneath contempt.

No, i am oposed to the death penalty, simply because innocent people get put to death ..it's estimated that the US has executed over 200 innocent people ..killing just one is too many imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the point I was making. People who have such urges but don't act on them are pedophiles as well, so you can't really say pedophiles are deserving of the death penalty.
I did qualify my initial statement by refining it to repeat offenders.

So, you changed your mind, and ended up with a worse one. Quite an achievement in your case. Being opposed to institutionalised murder represents a defence of paedophilia in your warped world. You are beneath contempt.
Luckily for me, your opinion of me means * all.

I did qualify my initial statement by refining it to repeat offenders.

Luckily for me, your opinion of me means **** all.

So what happens to a perpetrator who has 50 incidents to their name, 1 minor conviction, 1 serious conviction but desperately wants to seek help but fears the death penalty?

So instead of talking to trusted people on advice (whether that be a friend, a doctor or even a priest (heaven forbid)) they simply continue to hide their activities and allow their urges to go unchecked?

Perhaps we need to look at this issue as much a medical and biological one first and a criminal issue second. We all understand why its a crime but we often don't bother to understand why the crime occurs.

There is no way that this is Jiska...

Yes, there is an important distinction between a paedophile and a child sex offender which often gets ignored in discussions like this, as a lot of people (and a large portion of the media) conflate the two. I think far more paedophiles would seek preventative treatment to control their urges if not for this ignorance and the obvious stigma it breeds.

Yes, there is an important distinction between a paedophile and a child sex offender which often gets ignored in discussions like this, as a lot of people (and a large portion of the media) conflate the two. I think far more paedophiles would seek preventative treatment to control their urges if not for this ignorance and the obvious stigma it breeds.
You raise a good point. In fact, there have been a few good points of late on what classifies as a pedophile and what does not. It has made me rethink my position, assuming that's allowed?

I support the death penalty for repeat child sex offenders, only, because I believe rehabilitation is impossible.

You raise a good point. In fact, there have been a few good points of late on what classifies as a pedophile and what does not. It has made me rethink my position, assuming that's allowed?

I support the death penalty for repeat child sex offenders, only, because I believe rehabilitation is impossible.

chemical castration seems to be the only way. Does anyone know about the stats on re-offending?

I assume it only works if the person takes the medication.

Back