Silly season- Jeremy Cameron (update: has re-signed with GWS, thread now discussing Treloar)

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Tom Boyd train with us before he got drafted by GWS??
I'd be chasing him if we land Moore in this years draft.
Moore is more of your athletic tall Centre Half Forward.
Boyd is more of your stay at home monster type Full Forward.
He did through the AIS program, Cameron or Boyd I wouldn't mind. WOuld be more likely to get Cameron as he is a Pies fan. If he wants to come to the Pies bad enough he can get it done. I just can't see the Pies having the same pull for Boyd

He did through the AIS program, Cameron or Boyd I wouldn't mind. WOuld be more likely to get Cameron as he is a Pies fan. If he wants to come to the Pies bad enough he can get it done. I just can't see the Pies having the same pull for Boyd

My thoughts exactly, the pull of being potentially the highest profile player in the comp in 5 years at the biggest club in the country (which he supported) would surely help us.

Bs all probably have about 1 more year left in them. Lake battled all year he's been hopeless.
Mitchell copped the old mans injury and was missing for a while.
Hodge doesn't dominate the way he used to.
Sewell is finished now. No longevity in those.

Drop your argument on form through out the season it's points less they are into the final series and their team finished top two. All are playing in the finals and could go onto to win dual premierships back to back. You might not rate them but Clarkson does, time will tell.

Drop your argument on form through out the season it's points less they are into the final series and their team finished top two. All are playing in the finals and could go onto to win dual premierships back to back. You might not rate them but Clarkson does, time will tell.
There's one thing, they won't miss them and make excuses they retire. Hawks keep themselves up there by playing for each other and the coach no matter who is in and out.

His price is too high for my liking and I don't think he'd be worth it. I'd rather try and get Dylan Sheil.

Supporting Collingwood is irrelevant really.

How many players do you see request trades to clubs simply because they supported them as a kid. If he get's the chance to come down to Melbourne, he will go through the normal process and pick his best option. It is our duty to make ourselves an attractive option but I don't think we can really.

He will have better options to choose from if he wanted to come to Melbourne and there are clubs who could offer better things to GWS than what we can unfortunately.

There's one thing, they won't miss them and make excuses they retire. Hawks keep themselves up there by playing for each other and the coach no matter who is in and out.

I really hope they miss them more than what you have indicated when the group retires in the near future. I am sick of them dominating us. I can see Hawthorne over the next couple of years being big players in Trade/Draft period to secure mature bodied footballers to replace what they will lose in an attempt to maintain their winning run.

How many players do you see request trades to clubs simply because they supported them as a kid. If he get's the chance to come down to Melbourne, he will go through the normal process and pick his best option. It is our duty to make ourselves an attractive option but I don't think we can really.

He will have better options to choose from if he wanted to come to Melbourne and there are clubs who could offer better things to GWS than what we can unfortunately.

I don't buy into there being necessarily 'better options' just as I don't buy into players taking into account the size of the club/supporter base when coming to Collingwood. Success in teams is so topsy-turvy and the players know this, as long as you're not a club in complete shambles like Melbourne, or look like you could become one ie. St Kilda/Carlton, then you're as good a chance as any to secure their services.

As for currency, yes we're obviously shorter than a few others. However currency is entirely subjected to what GWS needs at the time of the trade. If they need a Key Defender, we're just about the best club to be trading with. If they want a young quality ball user through the midfield, we're probably the worst :p.

I have only seen it become relevant in the event they are moving back to play in VIC and even then only if said meh can a) get a trade done and b) offer them what they seek remuneration wise.

Hine said we have bigger fish to fry in next years trade period.

Out of contract next year, Pies supporter growing up, Cap space, Melbourne boy, Moore, Cloke, Elliot forward line- Tantalising.

What do we give to get him?
If we land Cameron and Dangerfield we will win the 2016 flag. If we don't, forget it.

SEN keep trying to suggest we are into Treloar.

I know, I know, it's SEN. But I wonder what they'd want for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN keep trying to suggest we are into Treloar.

I know, I know, it's SEN. But I wonder what they'd want for him.
When talking about SEN it would be helpful to know "WHO" is saying we are in to Treloar. If could be talk back bigfooty jockies? Or it could be an in the know journo. Please state.

Treloar better then Beams IMO

If I was picking one of those two tomorrow I'd take Treloar every time.

You'd think it would be something like a first pick and a very good footballer. It would be unlike the Beams situation. Every other club with a bit of cap space would be throwing deals at the Giants to get Treloar.

When talking about SEN it would be helpful to know "WHO" is saying we are in to Treloar. If could be talk back bigfooty jockies? Or it could be an in the know journo. Please state.

If it were talkback callers I'd refer to them as such. By SEN I'm referring to broadcasters. Again, it's just SEN and their hit rate is pretty abysmal, but the link has been raised several times in discussions between KB, Denham, Smith and Ralph.

I place no stock in it, it's rumour mongering, but it's interesting to think about what he'd be worth to us.

Although Cameron would of been nice, Treloar is still the one I want, kid is a jet. Don't think we will get him, but we can always dream

Yeah Treloar is probably my favourite player outside of Collingwood.

But we were into Pavlich for a number of years also and look what happened there

And Brown.

Club would probably have a hit list of players they'd like from other clubs. Doesn't take too much effort to have a regular chat to a manager about a players longer term intensions.

Issue for me is more about whether we're ready to go hunting a couple of top players, season 2015 should clarify that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back