Simmons getting excited in his special area about LBJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any list of the top 5 NBA players of all time is going to be some combination of these 6 players: Michael Jordan, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Wilt Chamberlain
When his career is finished, he will be part of that conversation. Greatest six will become greatest seven.

And for the youtube comparisons, I think watching LeBron's highlight dunks are just as impressive. LeBron over Tim Duncan is just as jump out of your seat, smack your face in disbelief as Jordan over Ewing or whatever examples there are.

I wish people would stop comparing Jordan and James already. Lebron hasn't even finished his career yet, he could get 6 titles or he could have only the 1. Anything can happen.

LeBron hasn't even cracked the top 10 yet in my opinion, give it time. He still has to beat Kobe and Shaq as well as Jordan, Bird, Johnson, Chamberlain etc...

Kids don't know about the hand check rules if they are favouring LeBron.
No one ever mentions that there was no 3 second rule in Russell/Wilt's time.

Different eras, different rules, different levels of athletes. Unfair to compare.

In 20 years, the game and the human race will evolve just that little bit more and we'll see another super human athlete who overtakes the likes of LeBron.

Darwinian concept.

Different eras, different rules, different levels of athletes. Unfair to compare.

In 20 years, the game and the human race will evolve just that little bit more and we'll see another super human athlete who overtakes the likes of LeBron.

Darwinian concept.
Notsureifsrs. Too drunk to tell if this is your actual take on evolution.

Darwinian concept.

Jordan didn't have the advantage of today's soft arse defensive 3 second rule either.

Why do you think it's so easy for LeBron to drive in like he does half the time?

If he tried that back in the Jordan era the PF of that time would have come across and slammed the s**t out of him every time.

The fact Jordan did what he did in a time with hand checking, far more lenient rules for body contact and an era of far greater depth at the centre position (which coupled with the other rules made driving to the ring a harder task) makes Jordan's game play far superior to LBJ.

Notsureifsrs. Too drunk to tell if this is your actual take on evolution.
The speed of basketball today is far greater than any era previous. Every era, the athletism goes up a notch, there's no questioning that.

What's so great about that?
Nothing... he just jumped THROUGH another pro athlete... everyone can do it.

Wait, you don't think that's impressive?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish more people would just sit back and enjoy watching Lebron play, instead of discussing his legacy or GOAT claims all the time. He could be around for another 10 years.

Nothing... he just jumped THROUGH another pro athlete... everyone can do it.

Wait, you don't think that's impressive?

Umm you do realise it's far easier in basketball for the player with the forward momentum to go at an opponent than for the player moving backwards to counter the other players moves?

James is 6ft 8. At that height you don't actually have to jump that high to dunk a ball.

John Starks dunk was better than that LeBron one.

You're right, John Starks > MJ and LeBron. That was the point I was trying to make.

The point is, who gives a crap about dunks. One of the most overrated aspects of the actual game of basketball.

But what's your point. I could hit YouTube up for Jordan dunking on pretty much everyone. I dont get where you're going with this?
Specifically, I was responding to yours (and others) argument that no one is more athletic than Jordan. Again, no one is their right mind would ever say LeBron is better or has surpassed Michael. That's insane.

I think it's impossible to watch those videos (in response to the Jordan video posted) and say Michael is definitely more athletic.

Both were the most athletic players in their eras but as each era goes by, the game gets more and more athletic. Hence, LeBron is the next evolutionary step just as Jordan was the next step for , I don't know, Dr J.

If we're talking about leaps/dunking, Jordan had a hangtime and a grace about him that was beautiful. LeBron has a bit of that too but he also has this overwhelming power and strength due to his god-given size and speed. One guy is 6'6 220lbs, the other is 6'9 280lbs. It's physics.

Specifically, I was responding to yours (and others) argument that no one is more athletic than Jordan. Again, no one is their right mind would ever say LeBron is better or has surpassed Michael. That's insane.

I think it's impossible to watch those videos (in response to the Jordan video posted) and say Michael is definitely more athletic.

Both were the most athletic players in their eras but as each era goes by, the game gets more and more athletic. Hence, LeBron is the next evolutionary step just as Jordan was the next step for , I don't know, Dr J.

If we're talking about leaps/dunking, Jordan had a hangtime and a grace about him that was beautiful. LeBron has a bit of that too but he also has this overwhelming power and strength due to his god-given size and speed. One guy is 6'6 220lbs, the other is 6'9 280lbs. It's physics.
Yeah but my original argument was that Simmons was being a dick saying that LeBron had it all, whereas he was clumping other people into three different categories which was ridiculous.

Im not saying LeBron isnt athletic, the bloke is a freak. He has more power and strength than Jordan but Jordan has more hops and grace. You cant really say one is more athletic than the other, both are/were supreme athletes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back