Simonds Stadium Snubbed For Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any member who wanted a ticket could easily have got one. It's only just a lockout, perfect size stadium for the game. At Geelong it would have been a lockout 3 times over.
SCG was a lockout mid week

Cause it is a shithole with a patch of grass 50mm thick being played over a concrete slab that has a car park underneath it!

Skilled is a shithole with a patch of grass reminiscient of a cow paddock played in a town stuck in the 80s!

Geelong finished second on the ladder but still played at a ground that advantaged the away team.

There would have been at least 80% of the crowd tonight that was Richmond. How is that fair for a "supposedly" home team (Geelong) to play in front of?!

Can "you" explain how this?

I was there last night and as a neutral I thought Richmond had a very very clear home crowd advantage. Their crowd was deafeningly loud. Every time a Geelong player went to kick in or kick for goal he was getting extreme boos. And for every umpiring decision the Richmond crowd was loud and to me it definitely influenced the umpires just like every home
Crowd does. I'm not blaming the Richmond fans they were doing everything they could to help their team win I'm blaming the afl as the opportunity for that should never have been there as Richmond didn't earn a home final Geelong did. What a joke. If I was a cats fan I'd be furious.

Did Geelong not have the same access to tickets Richmond did? Do they not have internet down there?
If it was at skilled the crowd would still have been 50/50 at best not our fault for being passionate whilst cats fans just expect things handed to them.
Complain all you want about the venue, not our fault cats didnt show up. Train from geelong is a touch over an hour, my train from ringwood was 50ish minutes barely any difference suck it up geelong

Because it's their home ground and Geelong isn't in Melbourne like every other Victorian club is. Also I'd love it if every team had their own smaller ground. I'm pretty sure I've read that Geelong make more money at kardinia regardless of crowd size due to stadium deals.
I dont give a rat's tossbag :D

Finals are for the best available home state stadium that can manage the expected crowd. There are no complaints when the cats play home games at Etihad or the MCG through the year. Why should the geelong fans who live in melbourne be disadvantaged by having to miss out on seeing them play a final at a sellout at Skilled?

Spotless has a capacity of at least 10,000 less than Kardinia Park yet GWS get to host finals there.

Spotless is considerably closer to the SCG than Kardinia Park is to the MCG.

The AFL have no integrity at all and the fact of the matter is if someone at our club even says a word about it out of line they'll be charged a minimum of $20,000

**** off AFL
Mate you have played what is it24 finals at the mcg , and now you guys are spooking it up....give me a break, why do you play your home games against the pies at the g?

Skilled is a shithole with a patch of grass reminiscient of a cow paddock played in a town stuck in the 80s!

Did Geelong not have the same access to tickets Richmond did? Do they not have internet down there?
If it was at skilled the crowd would still have been 50/50 at best not our fault for being passionate whilst cats fans just expect things handed to them.
Complain all you want about the venue, not our fault cats didnt show up. Train from geelong is a touch over an hour, my train from ringwood was 50ish minutes barely any difference suck it up geelong
My drive from home to airport was 3 hours, plane was 2.5 hours, get a grip cats

Being a Victorian team you don't have to travel, which is a huge advantage in recovery and career longevity. On the down side you surrender some home ground advantages and some decisions will be made for the greater good of victorian football. Very self entitled of Geelong to want a home ground advantage that only the 4 northern team get (the footy states share their homeground) yet barely set foot on a plane.
you call it self entitled. you had a home crowd and ground last night in a game that wasnt even supposed to be your home game and you sit there with the unbelievable nerve to complain about supporters who just want a home advantage for their deserved home final. we arent asking for home finals in games that shouldnt be our home finals like richmomd are. disgraceful self entitled post. Our team got booed when they ran out on to the ground in our home final for crying out loud and you call it neutral. unbelievable.

im sorry but your post is so unbelievable it defies gravity. its almost disgusting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you call it self entitled. you had a home crowd and ground last night in a game that wasnt even supposed to be your home game and you sit there with the unbelievable nerve to complain about supporters who just want a home advantage for their deserved home final. we arent asking for home finals in games that shouldnt be our home finals like richmomd are. disgraceful self entitled post. Our team got booed when they ran out on to the ground in our home final for crying out loud and you call it neutral. unbelievable.

im sorry but your post is so unbelievable it defies gravity. its almost disgusting.
Oh please .........it was your home game your self entitled supporters couldn't be bothered catching a train, you thought the game was already won, why do you never play collingwood down at Simmons, please answer that one

Until last night Richmond havent beaten Geelong in 17 outings and havent beaten them at the MCG this milleneum.

I've lost count of how many finals Geelong has won at the MCG over this peroiod.

Its a complete beatup.

All Geelong won at the end of the home and away series was the right to not have to travel interstate.

Until last night Richmond havent beaten Geelong in 17 outings and havent beaten them at the MCG this milleneum.

I've lost count of how many finals Geelong has won at Geelong over this peroiod.

Its a complete beatup.

All Geelong won at the end of the home and away series was the right to not have to travel interstate.

Inconvenient truth

How come u never complained about home ground advantage before. Its just another way to deflect the fact that your team is crap. Insert umpires... home ground advantage. West Coast complainjng about playing the grand final at the G the most laughable

No NBN only dual up there

Our team got booed when they ran out on to the ground
Deal with it sook. If 40 thousand of your own fans turned up to cheer rather than knit, then you would notice the cheering just as much or more.
Bloody hell you sook it up it. What a sore sooky loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back