News Simpson and Nisbett re-signed / extended

Remove this Banner Ad

Nisbett out.

Fresh blood in.

Have to disagree there.
With our move to Lathlain now is when we need Nisbett more than any time in the past.
His commercial accum is very much needed.
Once that is done in three years, he can look to move on.
A lot of us give Nisbett crap over the drug years.
But he is considered on the east coast to be the best CEO in the afl along with Brian Cook of Geelong.

Other clubs have tried to poach him and he has knocked them back.

If it wasn't for this major project and the years of work he has already put into it, I would say
its time for him to move on.

Baffling announcement by the club in the wake of an extremely disappointing season.

Yet another sign of the culture of complacency and mediocrity that has infested our club.

We have really come back to the field as an organization.

Why aren't people happy about Nizzy? What is he doing at the executive level that is hurting the footy department?
I believe they will feel that he meddles in the footy department running, not personally but by proxy, ie Gepp. I think you'll find that is the feeling but I may be way off base.

Baffling announcement by the club in the wake of an extremely disappointing season.

Yet another sign of the culture of complacency and mediocrity that has infested our club.

We have really come back to the field as an organization.

Are you referring to Simmo, or Nisbett, or both?

Are you referring to Simmo, or Nisbett, or both?
He's referring to Simpson.

Believes he under-performed this season given our draw, playing list and success of 11/12

Always forgets about 13 however.

Most of us tend to ignore him however.

He's referring to Simpson.

Believes he under-performed this season given our draw, playing list and success of 11/12

Always forgets about 13 however.

Most of us tend to ignore him however.

He was also calling for Simpson's head after the Geelong loss, which was his first ever loss as a senior coach (having gone undefeated through the pre-season and in the first three rounds).

At least he's consistent I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ndot aka Peter Sumich, will never be a fan of Simmo.

Just because I don't agree with Simpson being lauded and awarded contract extensions on the back of a disgraceful season, doesn't mean I have some vendetta against him.

He may well turn out to be a great coach - I sincerely hope he does. But to see the praise that is being lavished upon him by some supporters, after having witnessed one of the most frustrating and disenchanting seasons in our history... that's what I take exception to.

after having witnessed one of the most frustrating and disenchanting seasons in our history...

Big call, especially considering we went for premiership side to winning the spoon in the space of a few seasons.

and from the spoon to a prelim in the space of a season. so what's your point?

That we have had a few poor seasons in our recent history and calling this one the most 'frustrating and disenchanting' is a big call. :)

That we have had a few poor seasons in our recent history and calling this one the most 'frustrating and disenchanting' is a big call. :)
winning a spoon when you were never a realistic finals chance is one thing.

pissing away a finals spot when we you all but GIFTED one by your fixture is another altogether.

we blew it this year.

pissing away a finals spot when we you all but GIFTED one by your fixture is another altogether.

we blew it this year.

We finished 9th. Would falling into 8th spot and getting blown away in the first week (as Richmond are currently doing) really have made that much of a difference?

Why aren't people happy about Nizzy? What is he doing at the executive level that is hurting the footy department?

Yeah I don't get it, club is going strong.

we blew it this year.

Always judge on the second season.

at the rate he's going, he may end up like Judge in his second season

Disagree completely.

Simmo has done a lot of good things this season and that has shown when we have played at our best. At the end of the day it is his first season coaching and it was with a team that needs a fair bit of work but also have a fair bit of talent on the list. We are building towards winning a premiership and not just playing finals.

Disagree completely.

Simmo has done a lot of good things this season and that has shown when we have played at our best. At the end of the day it is his first season coaching and it was with a team that needs a fair bit of work but also have a fair bit of talent on the list. We are building towards winning a premiership and not just playing finals.

Hope you are right. Both the club & Simpson would have to be disappointed at the end result this season though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back