Social Science So do you eat the burger then chips, or eat the chips then the burger?

Burger first or chips first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes eating chips first is important as they can go cold after the burger.

Well, I'm a pretty slow eater.

Interesting. I'm a super fast eater--I can't break the habit of wolfing down food all the time since I used to be a restaurant manager. No breaks means scoffing your meal in 5 minutes.

Interesting. I'm a super fast eater--I can't break the habit of wolfing down food all the time since I used to be a restaurant manager. No breaks means scoffing your meal in 5 minutes.
Sounds like a nightmare!

I wouldn't consider myself a foodie, as I'll eat anything but I have to have my meals... enjoyable.

Like, I have to sit and do something while I eat. Like watch TV, listen to a podcast, read a book. I'm a slow eater, and I hate wolfing food down.

I also hate eating while on the move, or like on the train or something. Even in cars I'm not a fan. Need to sit down, relax and enjoy it.

Sounds like a nightmare!

I wouldn't consider myself a foodie, as I'll eat anything but I have to have my meals... enjoyable.

Like, I have to sit and do something while I eat. Like watch TV, listen to a podcast, read a book. I'm a slow eater, and I hate wolfing food down.

I also hate eating while on the move, or like on the train or something. Even in cars I'm not a fan. Need to sit down, relax and enjoy it.
Im the same. If eating by myself, i must have some form of entertainment material to go with it. Must have.

Minimal chips
->
Half the burger
->
More chips
->
Finish burger
->
Finish chips

If all goes to plan you have enough drink left to wash down the saltiness of the last of the chips.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always start and finish with chips. Generally have a few chips throughout the burger eating, but much always hold the burger while eating the chips. Can't put the burger down.

Burger and chips at the same time.

I also put my takeaway on a plate which I have been told is weird.
If we're talking just burger/wraps and chips then yes you put it on a plate or a placemat at the very least. Pizza you can have on a napkin or on the cardboard box it came in.

Defs mix it up and have a drink as well. Takeaway food can be hard work sometimes.

To be honest I tend to just order one or the other if we're going to a burger joint (I'm petite and don't have a huge appetite and find I can never finish both on my own) unless someone's happy to share with me (or finish it for me!). In which case, a few chips first, then the burger with maybe a few more chips in between. Does anyone else put chips into their burger?

Back