So is Fyfe the best player in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe is not the best player in the league and was only ever being discussed as such whilst Ablett was not out there.

No disrespect to Fyfe who is a superb footballer but GAJ is on a whole other level entirely. He's miles ahead of Fyfe and indeed any other player in the competition.

FWIW I don't even have Fyfe as the second best player in the competition.
Agree 100% can't believe Fremantle fans are trying to debate who's better, Ablett is on a whole other level

Fyfe is probably the most complete player currently, in that none of Ablett, Pendlebury or Dangerfield possess his aerial supremacy & marking abilities.

Wouldn't "complete" also indicate elite kicking?

I love Fyfe, would love him in my team and will win multiple awards and is a future HoF'er..

But I would take a player who can get his own ball, stand up in tackles and deliver it lace out on a teammates chest before a player who is good in the air but his disposal is erratic and let's him down...

And to me GAJ does that the best

Wouldn't "complete" also indicate elite kicking?

I love Fyfe, would love him in my team and will win multiple awards and is a future HoF'er..

But I would take a player who can get his own ball, stand up in tackles and deliver it lace out on a teammates chest before a player who is good in the air but his disposal is erratic and let's him down...

And to me GAJ does that the best

So you'd take a 31 year old superstar over a 23 year old superstar?

It's only natural when all the good players leave the comp, people start to heavily overate crap players. And purely on the basis of only last weeks round and not the last 100+ games of their playing career :confused:

Fyfe will get there but he wouldn't have got a game in our 22 back in the day. He has freakish ability but every other time he's a crude player. He's not even fully developed as a player yet and still makes constant mistakes or plays unsure half the time. Fact he's the best players in the AFL are leagues more reliable than him. Yes he's shown is the clanger king but the way that whole team reads and moves the ball has me surprised they've only lost 1 game this season.

The whole way him and his team go about it, they win based on narky coinflip decisions they're not good enough to take the game and steam roll an opposition. It's far too unreliable a strategy to want in your team while you're pushing for a flag. They can't win a flag like that they need to assert their skill if they have any instead of playing risky handball footy like all the other s**t clubs this year.

Fyfe is probably the most complete player currently, in that none of Ablett, Pendlebury or Dangerfield possess his aerial supremacy & marking abilities.

Nah, Ablett's the most complete player because, unlike Fyfe, he's an elite kick. Fyfe is an amazing player, but much like Dangerfield, he's an average kick.

EDIT: Didn't read Southwest Bomber's post before making my own.

It's only natural when all the good players leave the comp, people start to heavily overate crap players. And purely on the basis of only last weeks round and not the last 100+ games of their playing career :confused:

Fyfe will get there but he wouldn't have got a game in our 22 back in the day. He has freakish ability but every other time he's a crude player. He's not even fully developed as a player yet and still makes constant mistakes or plays unsure half the time. Yes he's shown is the clanger king but the way that whole team reads and moves the ball has me surprised they've only lost 1 game this season.

The whole way him and his team go about it, they win based on narky coinflip decisions they're not good enough to take the game and steam roll an opposition.
You are the worst Troll on this site. Fyfe is currently better than any of the Geelong mids from the 07-11 era besides Ablett. Has Bartel, Selwood, Corey and Chappy covered.

You are the worst Troll on this site. Fyfe is currently better than any of the Geelong mids from the 07-11 era besides Ablett. Has Bartel, Selwood, Corey and Chappy covered.

You have to be absolutely kidding me? The kid has talent but is too unreliable to even be considered to be put in our finals campaigns during that era. A player like him would've detrimented our chances no matter how good he looks sometimes and given us 4 grand finals scoring 11.23. You're missing the fact him like his team, are stunned goldfishes half the time. You can't win 3-4 finals straight playing with a passive culture. When he marks the ball he almost loses his balance half the time lol, he is heavily overrated.

Can only assume you mean currently as our players have since declined. 07/09-11 Bartel, Chappy, Selwood, Corey s**t all over 2015 Fyfe. Fyfe is a girl in comparison.

You're comparing some of the best players of all time to an overrated kid who's even more overrated when it comes to the online forums.

Last edited:

Fyfe will get there but he wouldn't have got a game in our 22 back in the day. He has freakish ability but every other time he's a crude player. He's not even fully developed as a player yet and still makes constant mistakes or plays unsure half the time. Fact he's the best players in the AFL are leagues more reliable than him. Yes he's shown is the clanger king but the way that whole team reads and moves the ball has me surprised they've only lost 1 game this season.

The whole way him and his team go about it, they win based on narky coinflip decisions they're not good enough to take the game and steam roll an opposition. It's far too unreliable a strategy to want in your team while you're pushing for a flag. They can't win a flag like that they need to assert their skill if they have any instead of playing risky handball footy like all the other s**t clubs this year.

Sorry did you use the term "crap player" in reference to Fyfe? And did you suggest that Freo wins games on "narky coinflip decisions"?

Not sure I've met someone with so little knowledge of the subject matter, even on the wide expanses of BF.

Please refrain from commenting on Fyfe or Fremantle for that matter as it's an insult to common sense.

The one thing that seperates gaj and fyfe is foot skills. Whilst his skills have improved, fyfe can still torch the footy at times. Very rarely will you see gaj with a poor kick

The one thing that seperates gaj and fyfe is foot skills. Whilst his skills have improved, fyfe can still torch the footy at times. Very rarely will you see gaj with a poor kick

The other thing is aerial skills. Gaz has nothing on Fyfe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry did you use the term "crap player" in reference to Fyfe? And did you suggest that Freo wins games on "narky coinflip decisions"?

Not sure I've met someone with so little knowledge of the subject matter, even on the wide expanses of BF.

Please refrain from commenting on Fyfe or Fremantle for that matter as it's an insult to common sense.

I used the term crap in context to the standard we received over the last decade. And stand by it. How a player so unclean can be so rated is absurd. Then to compare him to AFL greats such as Corey, Bartel and Champman :eek:

I think Freo win by getting under other players skin and manipulating the interchange bench. But yeah as far as their gameplay it's too passive and lacking in self belief and championism to ever dominate the competition. Maybe steal it lol but never dominate.

I used the term crap in context to the standard we received over the last decade. And stand by it. How a player so unclean can be so rated is absurd. Then to compare him to AFL greats such as Corey, Bartel and Champman :eek:

I think Freo win by getting under other players skin and manipulating the interchange bench. But yeah as far as their gameplay it's too passive and lacking in self belief and championism to ever dominate the competition. Maybe steal it lol but never dominate.

You didn't read my post? I asked you to not post about Fyfe or Freo as you insult the intelligence of people who actually have a clue.

You have to be absolutely kidding me? The kid has talent but is too unreliable to even be considered to be put in our finals campaigns during that era. A player like him would've detrimented our chances no matter how good he looks sometimes and given us 4 grand finals scoring 11.23. You're missing the fact him like his team, are stunned goldfishes half the time. You can't win 3-4 finals straight playing with a passive culture. When he marks the ball he almost loses his balance half the time lol, he is heavily overrated.

Can only assume you mean currently as our players have since declined. 07/09-11 Bartel, Chappy, Selwood, Corey s**t all over 2015 Fyfe. Fyfe is a girl in comparison.

You're comparing some of the best players of all time to an overrated kid who's even more overrated when it comes to the online forums.
2015 Fyfe has polled Coaches votes in 10 of 13 games and is already the reigning MVP and Brownlow favourite. Corey, Bartel or Chapman were never considered the best or 2nd best footballer in the AFL. Fyfe is currently a better player than any of them were at their best. You are a troll. Give it up.

What the actual *?

I used the term crap in context to the standard we received over the last decade. And stand by it. How a player so unclean can be so rated is absurd. Then to compare him to AFL greats such as Corey, Bartel and Champman. :eek:

im out.jpg

You went full * man... Never go full *.

2015 Fyfe has polled Coaches votes in 10 of 13 games and is already the reigning MVP and Brownlow favourite. Corey, Bartel or Chapman were never considered the best or 2nd best footballer in the AFL. Fyfe is currently a better player than any of them were at their best. You are a troll. Give it up.

Yeah but like I said that's because there's no good players in the AFL now. If 2015 Fyfe was put in the 2007 season he'd get zero coaches votes!

Fyfe is s**t compared to them and will never achieve the accolades to say otherwise.

You forget the actual players that play against him week in week out rated him 7th. With Dane Swan above him as 4th, Joel Selwood 2nd, Gary 1st. Stevie J was a noteably better player than Fyfe in his time.

Last edited:
Very true, but if the game was in the balance, whos hand would you want the footy in? Gaj or fyfe

That's why he wouldn't even make the 22 in our flag era

If I had to choose between having Josh hunt as our kick in defender vs Fyfe as our centre midfielder during that era. I'd pick Hunt any day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back