The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Does this exist anywhere?

I remember one article that basically guessed at a number, but none that seemed to speak with any conviction.

Does this number exist outside of our board?

I remember one article that basically guessed at a number, but none that seemed to speak with any conviction.

Pretty much nailed it as far as I know.

1 article loosely reporting that figure but that is all.

Think it was more widely known that was the $$ in his previous contract so people kept running with it

This number is mentioned as fact in every single thread in this board.

It is mentioned as gospel and used as evidence to support a range of opinions.

Frankly, the 400kay meme is so widely used, it would be good to know if there is any evidence to support it, or it is just mass hysteria.

upload_2015-10-4_9-58-23.jpeg

Patterson%E2%80%93Gimlin_film_frame_352.jpg

Yeah - it's the "turn water into wine" of our board. People need it to be true to confirm things they already believe.

And hell - maybe it is true. But I've never seen anything confirmed anywhere, so it's strange how it's become an urban myth.

The 4 years is confirmed isn't that enough? Now we are all suffering. The club is targeting players to play his position.

But think about it, why would he sign a contract for s**t money? He's obviously getting paid some reasonable coin.

Some may say it's for security, but why would he need security? Didn't have the confidence in his ability?

The other thing why did we give him 4 years? Was it to ward of suitors? If so that's a sign he would be on reasonable money. Otherwise he wouldn't have signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely is one, I've posted it a couple of times, Capel from memory. His previous contract was widely reported, but this one not anywhere near as much. Perhaps after reading the feedback the club had their ambassadors keep it on the down low. Or perhaps Capel guessed based on the widely reported previous contract value.

Does it matter? Should we be discussing what great value he'll provide over these 4 years if he happens to be on the league minimum? There's one reported amount, we know he had been highly regarded at the club and the 4 years is testament to that. Why don't you think he'd be on $400k when he re-signed?

There's was also a lot of reporting that he could have left as a restricted free agent, meaning he's in our top 10 paid players. Melbourne was reportedly interested, so given he had at least one suitor, was already highly paid, there's a reasonable likelihood that he wasn't forced to accept much less. What do you think he's worth and is there anything at all reported suggesting that's what he's getting paid or anything that contradicts Capel's article.

Is the fact that so many posters were right about him bothering you that you need to somehow try and mock them over his salary level? Would that be a bit of a win would it. Throw that in the anti-Dmac posters faces. You guys are efftards, he's not on $400k, you all have NFI.

At the time I pretty sure 95% of us went WTF? Four years for someone I'd always thought was fringish seemed a stupid move and now that has proven to be the case.

I really can't think why we did this. His manager is a genius for talking us into it. Our only hope now is trhat we can offload him to another club but doubt there are any takers.

The irony of him getting a four year contract is the guy who gets rag dolled on the field, rag dolled us at the contract table

Whoever signed off on the Mackay, Reilly and VB deals should no longer be involved in any list management or contract decisions, ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back