South Africa vs Australia, 3rd ODI
Senwes Park, Potchefstroom
Fri Sep 15
South Africa vs Australia, 4th ODI
SuperSport Park, Centurion
Sun Sep 17
South Africa vs Australia, 5th ODI
The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Just finished watching the AFL Thursday night finals now a good time to settle to watch some cricket.

25 overs in and it's rolling along the ground already.

The Saffers batting is an absolute shambles these days, they haven't found anyone to replace the likes of Kallis, Amla and De Villiers.

They will be in even more trouble when Bavuma retires.
de Kock isnt that good, he is more interested in the money in franchise leagues . Bavuma accumulates way too many deliveries.

Klaasen and David Miller are world class.

People talk up about Markram and van der Dussen but I dont think they are good as they are made out to be.

When you get into that number 7 , you can expose them big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big six from Jansen, he is ungainly but he is a fighter with the bat, great talent.

I wouldn't call Klaasen world class but Miller's a gun in short form cricket, Markram has his moments but van der Dussen hardly ever delivers

Other than Bavuma they don't have any top order batsmen that you can depend upon now like you could with Kallis, Amla and AB De Villiers.

Rassie Van Der Dussen literally has the best average in the history of one day international cricket.

F*** me use the f**ing internet from time to time

Pepsi Commercial Oops GIF

Carey

He must have scored all his runs when I wasn't watching him, just about every time I have watched him he has failed to deliver.

I don't watch that much of South Africa admittedly, did he score most of those runs against minnows like Bangladesh and Zimbabwe?

Prior to today, he had:

• batted once against Australia for a measly 95.
  • Failed to register an average against your beloved NZ as he made 67* in his only innings against them.
  • made merry against the minnow that is India with 240 runs at 120
  • where he has really fattened his belly has been against the notionally ODI-deficient Pakistan side where he has made 460 runs at 115.
  • his downfall has been against current world champions England where he’s battled along at 50 per innings.

F***en hell mate you’ve delivered some s**t assessments before in this forum but this is probably the shittest.

Just to really dial onto that Rassie VDD comment: in his ODI career that has yielded an average of 60 so far, he’s averaged less than 30 combined against Bangladesh, Ireland, Netherlands, Afghanistan and West Indies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back