Southern FL Div One 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing about Williamsons broken jaw was, according to my spies, it was an elbow 100 meters off the ball against Highett

The only thing you can ask for in local footy is honesty, didn't see too much of that from all reports. Rumoured to have denied even applying for the Rosebud job. Lives local with another on the way would be a legitimate excuse. Why not run with that? As far as Williamson is concerned what a tough bastard? He turned the game in the third quarter. Playing in a GF with a broken jaw doesn't get any braver especially since he stood up!
Makes up for leaving them a player short last year I suppose

With the SFL Team of the 20 Years to be announced at Presentation Night, I thought I'd have a crack at trying to predict a team. I have no idea if these players have been nominated by their clubs but here goes...

B: Ash ROBERTS (Chelsea Heights) Dave MARTIN (Bentleigh) Robert PREW (St Pauls)
HB: Chops LANKAU (Oakleigh Dist./Caulfield) Kieran O'DWYER (Balwyn) Brendan HISLOP (East Brighton)
C: Mick GOODCHILD (Cheltenham) Peter REECE (Noble Park) Heath BARNES (St Pauls)
HF: Ezra POYAS (St Kilda City) Adrian NEWMAN (St Kilda City) Sam CRANAGE (Balwyn)
F: Chris PHELAN (St Kilda City) John BENNETT (East Brighton) Luke JAMES (St Pauls)
Foll: Matt MACKENZIE (St Pauls/Hampton) Adam BOWATER Oakleigh Dist./Balwyn) Martin MENDE (Noble Park)
I/C: Brendan DOYLE (South Melbourne Dist.) David GATELY (Parkdale) Michael AHEARN (South Melbourne Dist.) Ryan FLACK (Chelsea Heights)
Coach: George JONES (Clayton)

Highlighted the players that made the actual squad. Not bad, but not great I guess. The only players who made the team that I never considered at any stage were Tasiyan, David Ryan and Adrian Matthews.

A bit shocked that Bowater, James and O'Dwyer didn't make it. Newman may not have qualified (50 games I think).

Highlighted the players that made the actual squad. Not bad, but not great I guess. The only players who made the team that I never considered at any stage were Tasiyan, David Ryan and Adrian Matthews.

A bit shocked that Bowater, James and O'Dwyer didn't make it. Newman may not have qualified (50 games I think).
Newman qualified didn't get picked because of character is what I hear which is a bit weird

Tasiyan did play in four premierships and win 3 b&fs for city kicked a lot of goals in grand finals

James was a surprise but the stiffest I thought was Szersyn. Also Matt Kennedy could consider himself stiff. No drama with Moose at full back. David Ryan was handy but a ? with his selection. Coates kicked over the ton one year but played his best footy across the middle and half back mostly before 93 so a slight surprise there. Would have had James instead but really it's all conjecture. Was a pretty good team named.

James was a surprise but the stiffest I thought was Szersyn. Also Matt Kennedy could consider himself stiff. No drama with Moose at full back. David Ryan was handy but a ? with his selection. Coates kicked over the ton one year but played his best footy across the middle and half back mostly before 93 so a slight surprise there. Would have had James instead but really it's all conjecture. Was a pretty good team named.

AS a selector it was a mighty tough job, but agree on all of the above responses, Luke James wasnt nominated by st pauls?, szerszyn ,newman,j.taylor ,bowater,langkau, gjohnstone,mstinear all very unlucky for different reasons all didnt make it . We started with around 200 names and when we got to 40 it was extremely difficult.
I dont think you can knock any of the selections thats the main thing and we only had 24 spots so you will always get controversy or casualties, even the best 2 forwards we may have seen in gorozidis and casset just failed to qualify on the games played criteria!

AS a selector it was a mighty tough job, but agree on all of the above responses, Luke James wasnt nominated by st pauls?, szerszyn ,newman,j.taylor ,bowater,langkau, gjohnstone,mstinear all very unlucky for different reasons all didnt make it . We started with around 200 names and when we got to 40 it was extremely difficult.
I dont think you can knock any of the selections thats the main thing and we only had 24 spots so you will always get controversy or casualties, even the best 2 forwards we may have seen in gorozidis and casset just failed to qualify on the games played criteria!

Surprised that Luke wasn't nominated but there you go. Hard to chuck blokes out, Newman unlucky as was Johnstone who has been a great servant but Mick Stinear nowhere near the mark. Bennett would have had a stroke if Gorozidis was named. Szersyn was unlucky, wouldn't consider Bowater although a great player and Cassett could really never pass the character test even though he is a character himself. Chops played his best footy at OD probably mainly before 93 so no argument there. Con might have been stiff too in that he probably qualified for 50 games but at 2 clubs neither of which would have nominated him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is uncle fester aka batfink? Heard he may have copped a reprimand during celebrations. Typical behaviour of a grown man?

Dingoes Presentation Night last Saturday at the D I. 210 people there in what was a massive night for the club. Sure helps when you have 3 Senior Teams, Colts and Netball all in attendance.

Seniors B&F: Matty Freeman and Josh Boyle (Back to Back). Freeman missed final through injury and Boyle played with a broken thumb. Hmmm!

Reserves: Joel Gray

Thirds: Todd Wills (Also League B & F)

Well done to all the boys on a terrific year.

Rumour has it that the recruiters cant keep up with the enquiries from prospective players for next year.

East malvern will need more than hart , hotten and de koyer to win in div 1 also needs to work on their depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back