Spuds that earned your respect

Remove this Banner Ad

daniel-jackson-760x438.jpg

From a Carlton point of view, Sam Rowe initially struggled in his first year in the league, but since he had that cancer, the lad has really come on in leaps and bounds, and is now our 2nd best defender in the side.

Absolute beauty of a player, who just does his job, week in, week out, without much fanfare ..

From a Carlton point of view, Sam Rowe initially struggled in his first year in the league, but since he had that cancer, the lad has really come on in leaps and bounds, and is now our 2nd best defender in the side.

Absolute beauty of a player, who just does his job, week in, week out, without much fanfare ..
Yes, in the Sanfl he was a big lumbering ruck/forward. He has shed a fair bit off his frame due to the massive increase in workload and has slotted in well as a Backman. Very relieved that he has gotten through the scare, would've been daunting to say the least. Good on him.

Not footy, but Steve Smith. Thought he was an out and out joke when selected for Australia. Jeez, was I wrong. Superstar.
See I never actually thought this because he was picked as a bowler. Clearly though he was a better batsmen though and should have ALWAYS been picked as a batsmen.

From footy though Ryan Crowley. I am waiting for Zach Dawson to prove me wrong still though. Hopefully he is next.

Won a premiership as a vital part of an excellent North side. We only got rid of him because he turned up to a Family Day legless.
That wasn't the only reason he got the boot, but it was the final reason.
It's a pity too as he was a great part of the team and was disappointing to see him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spuds who have earned my respect..
Dustin Fletcher, LRT, Lyndon Dunn, Will Minson.

Spuds on their way to earning my respect.
Cale Hooker, Will Langford, Tom McDonald.

Zac Dawson. Spudded it up at the Hawks, but Ross Lyon really got the best out of him. Very few outside of true Freo fans probably realise how important he is to the organisation and the structure of Freo's defence.

I'm not sure Dawson even spudded it up at the Hawks. He was a young defender thrown to the wolves and has been unfairly maligned since.

Gary Rohan, after this upcoming season ;)

Best part about this post is you'll be able to re-use it for years and years to come.

3 goals in a grand final win in his 20th game just not quite cutting the mustard from Langford, eh?
Hooker AA and McDonald pretty handy too. Odd choices.

From Geelong - easily Scarlett - his 1st 30-40 games were beyond shocking - could have easily been delisted

From opposition clubs - i agree with Rance - its interesting - at the end of 2007 season - Geelongs 1st pick in the draft - they selected H Taylor - with the very next pick (Richmonds 2nd pick) they selected Rance - up until last season - i thought Geelong were a mile in front in that selection - but last season i thought Rance was excellent ( that game he played on Tippett - where he just annihilated him) - Rances next 3-4 years - if he keeps building on last season - could see him an elite player

Have your AIDS flared up?

When was Fletcher a spud?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back