Analysis St Kilda: Where are they at with the rebuild?

Remove this Banner Ad

There was an incedent, might have been collingwoods last goal.

Fisher kicked it down the line to Milne (or it might have been Mini, or even Schneider) when Kosi had just come on the ground in acres of space charging down the center square. Maxwell Spoils, Collingwood rebound and goal.

People blame the freaky bounce n such, but there's lots which could have been done.

Very true. 35m in the clear.

Imagine if Milne saw him how different things would be

So Saints are playing an exciting brand of football at a time of the season when everyone is looking at the clock for the season break and playing out time. Says volumes for the culture that the club is exhibiting really really IMPRESSIVE, bring on next year. Use pick 6 and pick the best player we can in the draft, trade it to bring in some more class to our playing group, Jelly perhaps, do whatever, as the decisions that our club are making are right on the money and have been now since Alan Richardson, Trout, Amet Bains and Matt Finnis came on board. (sorry about the spelling). Its that word CULTURE again you just cannot trade in players for it, or buy it, you must manufacture it from within with the right people at the helm.
Culture!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-03/no-mad-monday-celebrations-for-saints-this-year

No spot fires!

Somebody's happy...

tumblr_mnndylLscM1riuhgmo1_250.gif

Greetings Sainters! Had a query re Blake Acres. I've seen him play in the flesh a few times (at both AFL level and here in WA) and have been very impressed, but where has he been all year?

Starting to see the nucleus of your 2020 side in Bruce, Newnes, Ross, McCartin, Goddard, Dunstan, Lonie etc. and I am green with envy. Ameet Bains, Matt Finnis and Richo are the right blokes for the job. Good luck :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greetings Sainters! Had a query re Blake Acres. I've seen him play in the flesh a few times (at both AFL level and here in WA) and have been very impressed, but where has he been all year?

Starting to see the nucleus of your 2020 side in Bruce, Newnes, Ross, McCartin, Goddard, Dunstan, Lonie etc. and I am green with envy. Ameet Bains, Matt Finnis and Richo are the right blokes for the job. Good luck :thumbsu:
He's still very raw. Has been playing very well at VFL level but fitness at AFL level is a massive issue. If he plays a full game he usually has a good first quarter then fades, or if he comes on as the sub he'll find plenty of the pill in a quarter or so. Some demand a spot in the team straight away like Billings, Dunstan, Sinclair, Lonie etc and others like Acres, Ross need time. We were confident enough in him after one season to sign him til the end of 2018 so he's definitely got that!

He's also struggled to get fully fit. I'm sure he would have played a lot more this year if he weren't injured so often.

Was thinking about our younger group.
How many have the potential to be

A Graders:

Billings
McCartin
Goddard
Lonie
Sinclair
Acres
Bruce

B Graders:

McKenzie
Dunstan
Savage
Newnes
Roberton
Longer
Membrey
Webster
Ross

C Graders:

Weller
Minchington
Hickey
Wright
Templeton

?????

Saunders
Markworth
Siposs
Murdoch
White
Pierce
Curren
Lee

I would think if Roberton and Newnes have only the potential to be "B graders" then they have already reached their potential. Savage is much closer to the completed product than some others on that list. I'm not sure Lonie will ever be more than a really good small forward - would we be unhappy he if played 150-200 games as a rich-man's Aaron Davey? McKenzie's a difficult one because he is so good by hand. Dunstan is just suffering second year blues, coupled with a complete change in body shape over the last pre-season. He'll be much better next year.

We still need one or two more absolute A-grade midfielders though.

Was thinking about our younger group.
How many have the potential to be

A Graders:

Billings
McCartin
Goddard
Lonie
Sinclair
Acres
Bruce

B Graders:

McKenzie
Dunstan
Savage
Newnes
Roberton
Longer
Membrey
Webster
Ross

C Graders:

Weller
Minchington
Hickey
Wright
Templeton

?????

Saunders
Markworth
Siposs
Murdoch
White
Pierce
Curren
Lee
One of the most exciting things about footy is that any of them have the potential to be stars, well the ones with football brains anyhow. I'm buying some tickets on the Lewis Pierce express!

With the addition of Carlisle or another big bodies young defender or some ability and one more A grade midfielder bringing in high end talent through the draft now and FA in 2017/18 then our 2018-2024 looks promising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back