Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing wrong - if it was a proper stadium hotel that wall to ceiling window should allow you to watch the football or the cricket and not make you leave the comfort of your room and enter the stadium and sit with the great unwashed. Such a stupid idea!
Yup, if it was like the BlueJays stadium I'd be up for it!

Airport Hotels? they make sense..... it's hard for people to get their head around it mostly not being for sport though - which it is, how many days are there sport here.....
Wembley and Old Trafford are in the middle of nowhere as well. West Lakes style, so if you're going to a game you want to be close.

One thing wrong - if it was a proper stadium hotel that wall to ceiling window should allow you to watch the football or the cricket and not make you leave the comfort of your room and enter the stadium and sit with the great unwashed. Such a stupid idea!

"the great unwashed" lol the fat unhealthy sick ones should be made to stay in the room whilst normal humans should be allowed in the ground, not the other way around

Club said the ticket allocation was sold out? Who didn't turn up the club should be asking the SMA this question as they always get a 30-40 page report per game.

This was the allocation.

How many tickets are available to Members?

The stadium capacity will be broken down as follows:

Adelaide Oval Football Members2,850
Corporate Hospitality3,000
Away Club Allocation425
Home Club Allocation14,725

You would say at least 14,000 Port members were there and the 400 St Kilda fans took up their allocation.

The members western stand area was pretty full given the spacing set up and there are Port's Essential members who probably got allocated in that stand.

So how many of the 2,850 AOSMA Football members and 3,000 corporates didn't show up SMA?? You have all the data SMA.

Crowd figures from AO games. The SMA didn't release the North v Melb figures and they don't go public with the other games. No Wayne Phillips at 3/4 time give or take a few minutes either side telling us how many people have rocked up. Why the silence?? What are they hiding.

I wonder if the 2 clubs have been able to negotiate some deal above the $2.40/attendee, maybe some corporate revenue sharing stuff.

From the Austadiums website. No idea where they are getting the data from.

But its more complete than data they have from all AFL venues.

1597285862362.png

1599090584610.png

Oh dear .. looks like the Stadium Management Authority is in trouble with payments with the hotel we did not need.
Are they going to up prices again at Adelaide Oval.

Let’s say the Magpies and Crows aren’t welcomed back into the SANFL in 2021, does this relate at all to the stadium deal that is a revenue raiser to the SANFL? Or in reality are they two seperate items, regardless if there is a Magpies team or not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure this is the right place for it, but some reflections on the SANFL and debt recovery, including bits related to income sustained from Adelaide Oval:

The place will be booked out the next 6 months as the Covid quarantine hotel for travelling sports men and women and their team administrators.

Edit here are some pre and post construction of the hotel and how that changed the look of AO on the eastern side.

2016 pre construction - Russell Ebert statute was unveiled August 2015.

1709018831828.png

2021 after Hotel finished

1709019070832.png

Last edited:
Turned on the radio about 30 minutes ago, flick around stations and on AA heard an ad to buy an AOSMA Footy membership. They have advertised on the radio before, but this ad was very different.

It was a crowie saying he had bought a membership with his Port mate and they are splitting the ticket to go watch their teams, its great value, blah blah blah.

They must be hard up selling the memberships out. First couple of years you had to renew by 17th December, I think was the date, otherwise you lost your memberships. I thought it was moved to November, or maybe that's when auto renewals start.

Steve Dore you are member - when do auto renewals start and when do you have to pay up to guarantee you don't lose your membership??

Hoping our new major sponsor gets a look in for home games, at the very least with a pop-up outside the ground somewhere.

Can't see it happening. As I posted before it's a better product at a cheaper price. The SMA don't want that competition. I think the last time I bought some KFC I got a zinger box for about $12. Contained a zinger burger which are good, KFC Chips which are the best, a drink, 3 Chicken wings and a potato and gravy. What would a shitty SMA burger, chips and a drink cost? At least $20, probably more.

Can't see it happening. As I posted before it's a better product at a cheaper price. The SMA don't want that competition. I think the last time I bought some KFC I got a zinger box for about $12. Contained a zinger burger which are good, KFC Chips which are the best, a drink, 3 Chicken wings and a potato and gravy. What would a shitty SMA burger, chips and a drink cost? At least $20, probably more.

Won't happen but nothing stopping them from just applying a mark up.

If KFC was going to be allowed at AO, it would have been for the big bash already. Put a line through that one, as much as it sucks.

Just don't whatever you do, buy from the SMA.

Turned on the radio about 30 minutes ago, flick around stations and on AA heard an ad to buy an AOSMA Footy membership. They have advertised on the radio before, but this ad was very different.

It was a crowie saying he had bought a membership with his Port mate and they are splitting the ticket to go watch their teams, its great value, blah blah blah.

They must be hard up selling the memberships out. First couple of years you had to renew by 17th December, I think was the date, otherwise you lost your memberships. I thought it was moved to November, or maybe that's when auto renewals start.

Steve Dore you are member - when do auto renewals start and when do you have to pay up to guarantee you don't lose your membership??
They took the first payment at the end of November. I'm on auto renewal so I didn't take any notice of when the cut off date is/was for those that aren't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back