Movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens - No spoilers allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

The war is still ongoing.

Daisy Ridley plays Rey. Done a couple of tv shows unknown to me. Born in 1992.

John Boyega plays Finn. The only thing I've seen on his is Attack the Block, budget UK alien attack movie (it was actually good). He's in Becoming Human if anybody has seen that. Also born 1992.

The ball droid is BB-8

I have to know how they made that work!

It did sound slightly different from ROTJ. Waiting to hear if Mark Hamill re-recorded this for the trailer.

Interesting that he said "has it" instead of "had it" when referring to his father.
He sounded young so I doubt he re-recorded it. As gifted a voice actor as Mark Hamill is, I doubt he's that good.

"Has it" is what he said in ROTJ, which is why I'm positive they just used that clip.

They sure as s**t weren't clones before 2002.

lucus stated as far back as the late 70's that storm troopers were meant to be clones.
there was also some official magazine from the 70's which had a poster saying they were clones.

whether they were clones in the final films is debatable depending on your point of view.
yes there's no direct reference in the films, but its not that cut and dry with star wars.

its like saying prior to 2002 Vader wasn't burned alive in the volcanic pits of mustafar. we had that information from the blurb on the back of an action figure pack.

lucus stated as far back as the late 70's that storm troopers were meant to be clones.
there was also some official magazine from the 70's which had a poster saying they were clones.

whether they were clones in the final films is debatable depending on your point of view.
yes there's no direct reference in the films, but its not that cut and dry with star wars.

its like saying prior to 2002 Vader wasn't burned alive in the volcanic pits of mustafar. we had that information from the blurb on the back of an action figure pack.
They could be clones but they don't all necessarily have to be all clones of the one person.

That would account for their different voices. And they didn't replace all the stormtrooper voices after AOTC like they did with Boba Fett.

They could be clones but they don't all necessarily have to be all clones of the one person.

That would account for their different voices. And they didn't replace all the stormtrooper voices after AOTC like they did with Boba Fett.

well that's EU so its all out up in the air now. i assume they would go with the different clones thing as the rumours i've heard "themes" from battlefront games will be in one of the novels. (plus they can go down the character arc about trope defective/unique with Boyegas character)

He sounded young so I doubt he re-recorded it. As gifted a voice actor as Mark Hamill is, I doubt he's that good.

"Has it" is what he said in ROTJ, which is why I'm positive they just used that clip.

Yep am aware that's what he said in ROTJ, still think they sound slightly different (listened to the ROTJ this evening too). But yeah that doesn't necessarily mean he re did it, it could've just been a result of playing around with the audio track.

I wouldn't put it past Hamill though to recreate his voice from 30 years ago.

57720156.jpg

She and Luke do have significant roles to play, but with obviously less screen time than the new trio of good guys.

There's some speculation that the one being handed the lightsaber in the trailer was Leia herself, but that's quite unlikely.

Dialogue.

Mentions father. Shows mask of Vadar.
Mentions himself. Luke puts his mechanical hand on R2.
Mentions sister. Shows one female handing Anakin's/ Luke's light sabre to another taller female character. My guess is Rey shows Leia the Sabre she's found and Leia hands it back to her or Leia had it to begin with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They're not clones. Has been confirmed by Star Wars Rebels cartoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're not clones. Has been confirmed by Star Wars Rebels cartoon.

Hell, it was confirmed even before that. Although I don't think it's considered canon anymore, Star Wars Battlefront II makes a mention of it after the 501st's assault on Kamino, which was when the Kaminoans created their own Anti-Clone Troopers to fight the 501st. The Emperor no longer had any faith in cloned troopers spawned from the Fett DNA and looked to add some diversity to his army.

I haven't gotten around to watching Rebels yet so I'm unaware of how they've explained it in that.

Dialogue.

Mentions father. Shows mask of Vadar.
Mentions himself. Luke puts his mechanical hand on R2.
Mentions sister. Shows one female handing Anakin's/ Luke's light sabre to another taller female character. My guess is Rey shows Leia the Sabre she's found and Leia hands it back to her or Leia had it to begin with.

The woman handing over the light saber is 'Rose', meant to be the character Lupita Nyong'o is playing. With an orange head, its not Rey or Leia handing it over:

Screen_Shot_2015-04-16_at_1.22.59_PM_gallery_primary.png

The woman receiving it is in conjencture.

Hell, it was confirmed even before that. Although I don't think it's considered canon anymore, Star Wars Battlefront II makes a mention of it after the 501st's assault on Kamino, which was when the Kaminoans created their own Anti-Clone Troopers to fight the 501st. The Emperor no longer had any faith in cloned troopers spawned from the Fett DNA and looked to add some diversity to his army.

I haven't gotten around to watching Rebels yet so I'm unaware of how they've explained it in that.

ure avatar is lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back