Still a proud supporter regardless of the result

Remove this Banner Ad

TigerTime3

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Good to see supporters at the ground clapping the team as they walked off, and supporters on here pretty measured all things considered.

There's still a lot of optimism for the near future with the current playing group as we bring in a few more players and improve our overall talent.

Post your support for the club here and your expectations for next year.

• Banned
Wouldn't trade the last 9 weeks for anything.. Yellow and black till I die

Those wins were the best wins I've seen in my lifetime probably, I'm not going to let 1 finals loss turn me off now.

Been through worse losses than today!!

Good to see Brett Deledio stand up, he clearly hates losing and was playing angry but stayed clean.

So many Tigers around me leaving at 3/4 time. Wasn't anyone within 3 seats of me in most directions (maybe I stink).
Well done to the true supporters who were there til the very end!
People texting me saying they're off the bandwagon maybe I should get off too?
1. Was never on the bandwagon, I was there when we were crap.
2. Only way I'll stop supporting Richmond is if I'm dead.
Go Tigers

commiseration , not easy for you all to take when the result is virtually over at half time, footy can be cruel, hell 2007 still gives me nightmares:eek: , its a rollercoaster ride, after your teams dismal start to the year they could have easily rolled over and chucked the season in but they turned it around and gave your fans a hell of a ride, dust yourselves off, be proud of your boys, today wasn't your day but it's not doom or gloom at Tigerland

Good to see supporters at the ground clapping the team as they walked off, and supporters on here pretty measured all things considered.

There's still a lot of optimism for the near future with the current playing group as we bring in a few more players and improve our overall talent.

Well said buddy.

So many Tigers around me leaving at 3/4 time. Wasn't anyone within 3 seats of me in most directions (maybe I stink).
People texting me saying they're off the bandwagon maybe I should get off too?
1. Was never on the bandwagon, I was there when we were crap.
2. Only way I'll stop supporting Richmond is if I'm dead.
Go Tigers
I like the way you think mate and im the same, i bleed yellow and black and ill never spew hate at our boys. paid up and proud ill be a tiger until i die and even then im getting a yellow and black tombstone for my plot.

I'm not sure if you watched today, we were a disgrace! If no one is going to tap the coach on the shoulder and say it is time to go we need someone with balls then the club is destined to failure. Folding is only referring to continuing with the same old failing model of false dawns and piss weak expectations on players.

We were crap today but for the first time in my life time, we've made consecutive final series.... we are far better placed than at any time in the last 32 years...

There are still big changes that need to happen and I hope we steer away from the 'quick fix' that we Tigers have heard and lived so much of....

Personally I prefer seeing us in finals than winning wooden spoons and coming 9th.... Next step is winning finals...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was a shocking end for the way the boys and the club fought the season out, but I'm proud of this club tonight.

Watched the whole thing. Saw the Tigers fans at Punt road packing up the chairs at 3/4 time but they are soft utensils. To support the Tigers means supporting them every step of the way.

To us, there is no Tiger Train or bandwagon. We can look back on the second half of the season with pride. Shame we couldn't stretch it to 10 wins in a row but we have to remember that Port were top of the ladder and the in form team for a fair chunk of the season. Today they would have beaten pretty much most everyone.

If you think we're hurting, imagine how the team feels.

If you don't want to support us when we lose, don't support us when we win.
This is the best post about being a Tigers supporter ive ever read, if i ever meet you mate ill buy you a beer, hell for giving me those words to shove down every bandwagoners throat ill let u shag my missus.

I noticed this, a bit disappointing but..
Well done to the 10,000+ who turned up here to our lovely city. By far the biggest opposition crowd i've seen here and the loudest opposition i've seen here.

We were out played comprehensively today. Pretty much everyone sitting around us stayed until the final siren, even though we were sitting next to the inbreds in the port cheer squad. Kudos.

Massive effort from the tiger army getting so many to the game interstate. The walk across the bridge to the game was awesome. Feel for those who travelled so far only to be let down... again. But you'd rather be losing in September than not playing finals. Chin up tigers, heres to next year!

Good post mate. We are not dead in the water as some make out. Still need to grow our list but we will make finals next year. Get finals experience, good or bad will only benefit us in the future. Proud of the club in the character shown to turn our season around. We found some players too which is always a bonus.

Very proud of the boys despite the result.
The future is positive and I can see sustained success coming our way.
Whether or not that ends in premierships, I am not too sure.
All our best talent is relatively young.
None of our A-graders are even close to 30 and have plenty of football left to offer this great club.

We were our own worst enemy today.
The scores from turnovers was like I've never seen before.
So fumbly with the ball as well.

Either way, well done tigers.

Onwards and upwards.

Felt for you blokes today , after first quarter like that , it was almost always going to be a big loss . Credit to the big crowd that came over here to support you ,most seemed to really know their footy, and stayed till the end , made the Crows mob look as s**t as they are . Anyhow what are your thoughts on Choco at Richmond ? , cheers.

In the heat of the moment I stupidly posted that 'I'd rather have finished 9th' on the game day thread. I take that back.

What I'm wanting for 2015 is to return to finals and crack a win. But in order for that to happen, we need to see a fanatical bunch of blokes taking the game on like Port did today. They showed us the level of intensity needed at each contest (similar to how Freo played in 2013). Also quickness of mind, sharp ball movement, speed of foot. I Port reckon they'll give Freo a real shake next week.

No expense spared on improving fitness at the club, and I really hope they stare each other in the eye and come back hungry in about 6-7 weeks time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back