Suns in the Media - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see Josh Caddy at least contemplating pushing on with us, although those articles don't tell you much
At 19yoa from what I've seen over the past 2 seasons, he has the ability to be the best of the young guns.
The sort of player that will get plenty of Brownlow votes over his career, and injury free is a 250+game type player in the mould of Voss and Lenny Hayes
Potential superstar
If he goes we have to play hard hard hard ball

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/140850/default.aspx

Pretty positive article in regards to Caddy, I'm excited almost has me convinced he will stay. Why would you have asked your girlfriend to move to the Gold Coast if your only going to be there for another 3 months? Seems a lot more comfurtable has been quite consistent with his output and developing well I think

Ever gone without for three months? Perhaps the motivation isn't between the ears.

Nice to see Josh Caddy at least contemplating pushing on with us, although those articles don't tell you much
At 19yoa from what I've seen over the past 2 seasons, he has the ability to be the best of the young guns.
The sort of player that will get plenty of Brownlow votes over his career, and injury free is a 250+game type player in the mould of Voss and Lenny Hayes
Potential superstar
If he goes we have to play hard hard hard ball

A very good player, but you would have to say that he is leaving.

Obviously he is going to roll out the stock standard lines, however I think his heart is in Victoria.

Yep he is gone.... If he was staying he would have signed up by now. Why wait!
Good he is playing great footy and he is going to be a talented footballer but not at our club. Seasons end he will go and we have placed all our eggs in the one basket. He will have taken away valuable games from another player and our team will not benefit. Only hope his value increases so we get a good trade for him.

Seasons end he will go and we have placed all our eggs in the one basket. He will have taken away valuable games from another player and our team will not benefit. Only hope his value increases so we get a good trade for him.
You are wrong, 14 games played this year isn't going to make or break a young players career.

I'm of the belief you play your best available 22 every week. Its a team sport, no individual is bigger than the team and if he does go, he still has a crack. That's fine by me.

Same as Ablett in his last year at Geelong, still played well and had a crack. If you were a Geelong supporter and the rumours swirling around with Ablett going to Gold Coast in 2010, I think you would still want him to play as he is in your best 22.

Dont have a link, but from On The Couch tonight on Fox Footy. There were a couple points brought up in the last 2 mins of the show.

Sheehan rates Caddy #2 behind Ablett in talent at our club. Also seems to think becuase he hasn't signed implied that he is going.
Roos said we need to target our 5 or 6 best young kids and sign them up and lock them in, Caddy is in that list.
Roos also applauded McKenna's coaching/mentoring on the bench against Geelong.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Sheehan is an idiot who knows nothing about our club.

Two behind Ablett? Please.

Obviously dont rate Swallow or Bennell. ;) Hes good for sure, but them trying to stir the pot regarding our kids is getting tiresome. First it was Swallow that may have been going, then Harley after his breakout game.

Its hard to compare different type of players, need to judge them on their body/type of game.

EG:Kpp's, wings, inside mids, small forwards, rucks etc. EG you cant compare Swallow with Smith, both guns but not comparable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bluey is on the right track. no doubt we have nothing to lose in playing attacking footy. the kids will enjoy it and we are getting blasted when we play defensively. i hope positive footy is the future for the suns.

SUNS captain Gary Ablett has revealed coach Guy McKenna's decision to tell their young squad to ''attack the game'' and ''take risks'' was the catalyst behind their miraculous turnaround against Geelong at the weekend.

The AFL superstar said the coaching staff would take the same no fear mentality into Saturday's winnable clash with Richmond in Cairns.
A candid Ablett said the squad had become too occupied with defence.
''I think we lost our way in attack a little,'' he said.
''I think the message going into the game was a good message from Bluey, he just wanted the boys to attack the game, take the game on, take risks and I think the boys did that on the weekend and while we turned it over at times and gave them easy goals, as the boys get more experienced, it's not going to happen as much,'' he said.
Despite the 14-point loss the performance against Geelong was the Suns' best of the year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...says-gary-ablett/story-e6frf9jf-1226422887416

bluey is on the right track. no doubt we have nothing to lose in playing attacking footy. the kids will enjoy it and we are getting blasted when we play defensively. i hope positive footy is the future for the suns.

I'm pretty sure though that the GC SUNS have said that's the message that has been passed down to the players all year?

it

doesnt seem to read that way...?
I mean before this story ever come to light, earlier in the season I'm sure the message was to attack the game and take risks o_O I am fairly sure I remember Bluey saying it in earlier pressers

I mean before this story ever come to light, earlier in the season I'm sure the message was to attack the game and take risks o_O I am fairly sure I remember Bluey saying it in earlier pressers
Maybe our boys decided that Geelong was going to smash them either way, Might as well give it a go.

Almost paid off too :p

Maybe our boys decided that Geelong was going to smash them either way, Might as well give it a go.

Almost paid off too :p

I vaguely recall that happening to Westham against Man U when they were unbeatable and Westham were cellar dwellers. Every team was going in against Man U on the defence so as to keep the score down.

Westham approached with the attitude "We are gonna get smashed anyway" and went in playing 100% ultra attacking football. Result 4 - 0 Westham :thumbsu:

I vaguely recall that happening to Westham against Man U when they were unbeatable and Westham were cellar dwellers. Every team was going in against Man U on the defence so as to keep the score down.

Westham approached with the attitude "We are gonna get smashed anyway" and went in playing 100% ultra attacking football. Result 4 - 0 Westham :thumbsu:

well, if they keep the same philosophy, we're in for an entertaining rest of the season....;)

well, if they keep the same philosophy, we're in for an entertaining rest of the season....;)
Haha can not wait for the day when we really upset someone who is a genuine top 8 threat.

I know we come agonisingly close against North and Freo . . . But it was pushing teams like Essendon and Geelong that really get's me excited. In either of them matches it's only a few accurate kicks away from taking the 4 points!

Bring on 2013 - It will start happening. Maybe sooner if we win one, and the boys realise what it takes to get over the line in a close one :thumbsu:

Haha can not wait for the day when we really upset someone who is a genuine top 8 threat.

I know we come agonisingly close against North and Freo . . . But it was pushing teams like Essendon and Geelong that really get's me excited. In either of them matches it's only a few accurate kicks away from taking the 4 points!

Bring on 2013 - It will start happening. Maybe sooner if we win one, and the boys realise what it takes to get over the line in a close one :thumbsu:
Richmonds a top 8 threat aren't they? kinda sort of? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back