Survivor 28: Cagayan (Brawn, Brains, Beauty) [No Spoilers]

Remove this Banner Ad

I really enjoyed Spencer calling out Kass immediately at tribal council - "You have no chance of winning the game." What a dumb move by her. Let emotion overcome strategy.

Just a general comment, I think they badly need to change up the shows dynamic, ie remove the immunity idols, put something else into play. The game patterns have become predictable.

Just a general comment, I think they badly need to change up the shows dynamic, ie remove the immunity idols, put something else into play. The game patterns have become predictable.

Isnt this new idol an idol that can be played after the vote?

Overall though the idols are too easy to find and there are too many of them though, theyre found within the first day of someone finding the clue

gif reaction of the final vote for sarah: http://gfycat.com/RectangularQuarrelsomeAxisdeer

lol spencer

Kass made a terrible move. Never let emotion choose who you vote out. She had a tight alliance with her 2 original brain tribe members. So they basically had half the vote of the alliance of 6 that could of been. Basically they could have dictated who goes. Now she will most likely make the final 6 or 5 then just be voted out so simple as she wont be a threat in challenges at all.

It's like to see them remove the idols but not tell the cast, so they will search and stress about something that doesn't exist

Pretty insane stuff (mean that in the best possible way).

I have nothing to add beyond what's already been said. Kass. Irrational. Sarah. Dumb. Tony, "My genius plan that got Cliff, and retroactively got the girl who quit to leave my tribe worked out well post merge".

One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned. Why was Woo allowed to wear shoes in the IC? And surprise, surprise, he wins! What's up with that?

Would hardly write Kass off from here

The brain bloke (always forget his name) might be pissed off right now, but a single chat back at camp and Kass can get them back on side. Sarah was untrustable and was always a massive chance at a flip later in the game

Those moves are the ones that get votes in the F3, out of respect for playing the game, but also lead people to bring them into the F3 because they think theyre just villians

Trust has a 3 day shelf life in Survivor, as of tomorrow morning everybody will be selling it again and Kass's will be as valuable as anybody elses

No way. This isn't the type of big move late in the game against a power player in your alliance that gets you votes, it's the type of emotionally driven, strategically dumb blindside that guarantee you're not winning.

Not sure why it would matter if Sarah would flip later in the game. All Kass had to do was make sure they got rid of someone from the other alliance first, then they could've voted off anyone they felt like including Sarah.

I'd really like to see them change the merge time, it's always at 11 or 12, I'd love to see them do it at 15, or like 7/8.

One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned. Why was Woo allowed to wear shoes in the IC? And surprise, surprise, he wins! What's up with that?

contestants were given a choice on whether they wore their shoes or not, each to their own

obviously woo had some suitable shoes though, you wouldnt wear thongs

Not sure why it would matter if Sarah would flip later in the game. All Kass had to do was make sure they got rid of someone from the other alliance first, then they could've voted off anyone they felt like including Sarah.

they couldve "voted off whoever they liked" at this tribal but Kass didnt see it that way

It did seem like a layup vote, but the idol thing threw everyone off. I think Kass votes for Tony if he doesnt reveal his idol, but the panic of the tribal council pushed her to that decision

I still dont think its as bad as it seems, and I think she knows shes safe somewhere. Within 10 days this will be forgotten. She didnt flip 'against' the brains and voted one of them, she just picked off an enemy of hers instead. The brains imo will re-unite pretty soon, the other two wont do an emotional shun of Kass because her vote is still pretty valuable

they couldve "voted off whoever they liked" at this tribal but Kass didnt see it that way

But doing so would've been throwing away their numerical advantage and made it 5v5. Kass should've at least made it 6v4 before going after Sarah so the worst case scenario is a tiebreak if she does flip, or better yet wait until 6v3.

It's simply not a better choice to keep someone who will vote against your alliance (Jefra) rather than someone who may or may not flip at a later stage, especially with this long to go in the game.

It did seem like a layup vote, but the idol thing threw everyone off. I think Kass votes for Tony if he doesnt reveal his idol, but the panic of the tribal council pushed her to that decision

I still dont think its as bad as it seems, and I think she knows shes safe somewhere. Within 10 days this will be forgotten. She didnt flip 'against' the brains and voted one of them, she just picked off an enemy of hers instead. The brains imo will re-unite pretty soon, the other two wont do an emotional shun of Kass because her vote is still pretty valuable

She will probably be safe, and she's probably a good chance for final 3 as a goat, but she has no chance of winning now. Not to mention her choice is between the Aparri's and having a 5v5 deadlock, not to mention a total lack of trust after being selfish and going solo by not voting with them (panic isn't an excuse), or the Solana's where she's at the bottom and has no relations to anyone in that alliance. How she gets jury votes from taking either of those roads is incredibly difficult to see.

Considering two of the four Aparri's (Spencer and Morgan) won't forgive and forget, she's not going to be anything more than just an extra vote for them now if she sides with them anyway.

* that was good. One of the all time best tribals for sure. Knew Sarah was probably gone though when she was getting so much airtime this ep. Still a very epic epidode though. LJ could have kept his idol but I think playing it for Tony isn't a terrible move, earns him brownie points with Tony and the rest of his alliance and 'solidifys' their alliance. If he pulled the idol out later in the game with no one knowing... it'd plant a bigger target on his back. Love Tony though, glad he's still there. Great character and if he doesn't get much further in this game I'd love for him to play again. A very cunning dude, a lot smarter than he looks but yeah, he is a bit rough around the edges. Not a perfect player but a very entertaining one.
Cass made a very emotional move, if she bit her tongue for just this round she would be one of the top dogs. She could vote out Sarah anytime really and honestly, if she sat in a final 3 with Sarah in there she'd still beat her IMO. However she seems like she hated not being the one calling the shots and her ego got in her way. There'll be a lot of bitter people, she can't win now, however she has indeed spiced the game up. Great ep, been a pretty decent season so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty insane stuff (mean that in the best possible way).

I have nothing to add beyond what's already been said. Kass. Irrational. Sarah. Dumb. Tony, "My genius plan that got Cliff, and retroactively got the girl who quit to leave my tribe worked out well post merge".

Pretty much this

Kass couldn't keep her ego in line and bang, she's a goat at best

Great tribal, loved the switch of the vote once Tony pulled his idol out for LJ. Very smart that they went for Jefra, and i really thought they had Jefra right up until about 2 seconds before Jeff read out the last vote, then it occurred that sarah was gone and Cass had pulled a really dumb move for such a "smart" person

Just bad. Could've ditched sarah next week and still had numbers AND they would've flushed out 2 idols!

Cost herself any shot of winning from here IMO

Anyone mention Morgan boob squish during yoga? Very nice. Go on, go back and watch it.
Oh and:

Morgan's down top shot of her doing pilates and then squashing her boobs onto the sand

Much boob, such wow :eek:

pgWWsft.gif

You're welcome.

I love when people's egos cost them the game.

One of the dumbest moves ever by Kass. Wasn't queen bee for a day and couldn't handle it. For someone who belittles others in her interviews for not using their brains, it really is quite ironic she made the worst, most ill-thought-out move she could've made. Will be interesting to see how she explains herself next week.

That. Episode. Was. Great.

and a bit silly by LJ I thought, just take the free idol and smile you muppet, he hardly has the trust/back against the wall that the 3 amigos had when they played the double idols

It was a strange move, especially as he's been playing such a calculated game so far.

I really enjoyed Spencer calling out Kass immediately at tribal council - "You have no chance of winning the game." What a dumb move by her. Let emotion overcome strategy.

To be fair, that was also Spencer letting emotion overcome strategy at that moment.

gif reaction of the final vote for sarah: http://gfycat.com/RectangularQuarrelsomeAxisdeer

lol spencer

Everyone is awesome, what a moment. I could watch that time and time again.

All of them are allowed to. Generally it makes things worse on those kinds of challenges, probably up until that final stage.

I think Kass votes for Tony if he doesnt reveal his idol, but the panic of the tribal council pushed her to that decision

Agreed, but I'd love to hear Kass' reasoning and thinking behind the move. The episode certainly wasn't kind to her.

Not the first time somebody has won a balance challenge with Vibram 5 fingers.

I think they should be against the rules but there's nothing stopping everybody from wearing them.

I hope Kass enjoys watching the season over realising what a stupid ego driven move that was which put her in a infinite worse position while seeing herself in interviews calling her former alliance dumb players. She had a top 3 spot in that alliance now she is at the bottom and only chance of making it to the end because she has next to no chance of winning.

It's been terrific to have a season with all new players and letting them work it out for themselves, rather than a returning player dominating the strategy. As a Boston Rob fan from the past.. have enjoyed Tony's character and gameplay so far. He reminds me a little of an early days (very raw) version of BR.

Up until last nights ep I thought the Brains had the game wrapped round their little finger, but Kass has likely blown that all up. Opens the game wide open! Great season so far and given how unpredictable it is from here.. very promising finish to come. Love that Morgan has made the merge.. now want her voted out to see her in the Ponderosa vids!

Tony is growing on me.

Early on he annoyed me, like a little hyperactive dog that wouldn't stop barking. Now though i realise that he's making this season so much more entertaining. Love the people that are always thinking and scheming. More of those types, less people that think they're on a holiday*

*this season has actually been good in that regard. can't think of a contestant that hasn't made at least one move.

Agree with everyone's comments on this episode. LJ shouldn't have played the idol and Cas shouldn't have let being so social stupid cost her going further in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back