FTA-TV Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water (No spoilers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't understand Jon's logic. He didn't want Jeremy to find out about his idol so he blindsided him..but in order to do that he told Missy (and Baylor) about the idol. Weird call.
There's a big difference though in telling someone you have an idol, and someone finding out that you have an idol you were hiding from them. Jon knew that Jeremy would tell Muffin sooner than later so he told her first to try and win trust.

If people here don't listen to Rob Has A Podcast, I'd recommend this week's know it all's because I reckon Fishbach actually makes a pretty good case for the move Jon made.

There's a big difference though in telling someone you have an idol, and someone finding out that you have an idol you were hiding from them. Jon knew that Jeremy would tell Muffin sooner than later so he told her first to try and win trust.

If people here don't listen to Rob Has A Podcast, I'd recommend this week's know it all's because I reckon Fishbach actually makes a pretty good case for the move Jon made.

What he did with telling Missy though he could have done with Jeremy as soon as he got back as well. He completely stuffed that up from the start

I hear what Stephen says but if Missy was willing to vote Jeremy out now then it could have been done the following tribal still. I don't buy into it being a good move at all but I could see it being a bad move that works fine for him personally still because he has the idol. That 4 seemingly now went from controlling the game to hoping Reed and Natalie stay with them. No matter how you spin it that's not a good move imo. I was very much agreeing with Rob in that know it alls discussion

The problem with waiting til next week is if Jeremy decides that's when to make a move against Jon, then Baylor and Muffin are more likely to side with Jeremy if they are both going head to head, so Jon needed to strike before Jeremy did, even if that means making the move before conventional wisdom says to.

It's basically Tony's strategy, whether Jon has the skill to pull it off for an entire game is another thing though

At least we don't really know which way this season is going to go, despite the mediocre casting. We wax lyrical over the last season, but we pretty much knew in the back of our minds Tony was going to win by about this stage. Though I'm still not really sure whether I prefer watching an A grade player awesomely dismantle his competition or watching a bunch of plebs in an evenly matched shitfight.

Keith done well not playing his idol and voting Reed to ensure he couldnt get voted out.

Something I've always wondered, how do the contestants get told who voted for who at tribal and have they always been told? I think it would be a lot better for the game if they kept the votes a secret and let the players imply among themselves.

Alec is kind of revolting but seems to be getting the 'quiet ride to the final three' edit. Want to see him go asap.

The problem with waiting til next week is if Jeremy decides that's when to make a move against Jon, then Baylor and Muffin are more likely to side with Jeremy if they are both going head to head, so Jon needed to strike before Jeremy did, even if that means making the move before conventional wisdom says to.

It's basically Tony's strategy, whether Jon has the skill to pull it off for an entire game is another thing though

Why are they more likely to side with Jeremy in a week? The fact Missy was so easily swayed to vote him out straight away to me says she was always siding with Jon when it came down to it. Their bond from the tribe before seems to be stronger. It's not just a case of first in best dressed with her, we'll at least I hope not anyway

Something I've always wondered, how do the contestants get told who voted for who at tribal and have they always been told? I think it would be a lot better for the game if they kept the votes a secret and let the players imply among themselves.

They don't get told who voted for who. Never have

Why are they more likely to side with Jeremy in a week? The fact Missy was so easily swayed to vote him out straight away to me says she was always siding with Jon when it came down to it. Their bond from the tribe before seems to be stronger. It's not just a case of first in best dressed with her, we'll at least I hope not anyway

Not sure about that. She has had 3 husbands.

At least we don't really know which way this season is going to go, despite the mediocre casting. We wax lyrical over the last season, but we pretty much knew in the back of our minds Tony was going to win by about this stage. Though I'm still not really sure whether I prefer watching an A grade player awesomely dismantle his competition or watching a bunch of plebs in an evenly matched shitfight.

Keith done well not playing his idol and voting Reed to ensure he couldnt get voted out.

Alec is kind of revolting but seems to be getting the 'quiet ride to the final three' edit. Want to see him go asap.

They don't get told but it doesn't take long to come out back at camp when they talk about it

Not sure about that. She has had 3 husbands.

1367496144-golf-clap.gif

I'm not sure people thought Tony had it in the bag at this stage though. I'm not sure if LJ had left by this point but he was viewed as a strong chance, as we're Spencer and Tasha, right up until they were voted off.

To be honest I think it just shows they were up to make a move if someone approached them. I still think if Jon and Jeremy had been fighting over their vote like Jeremy and Josh were fighting over Jon's they would've sided with Jeremy (I guess there's no proof of that, it's just a strong feeling I get from the show and interviews and what not) , but Jon offered them a chance to make a big move and they took it. I do think unlike Jon though, Missy and Baylor didn't make the right move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand Jon's logic. He didn't want Jeremy to find out about his idol so he blindsided him..but in order to do that he told Missy (and Baylor) about the idol. Weird call.

He and Jac aint the sharpest tools in the shed

Jac tried the exact move in the reward challenge that failed the first time :drunk:

I'm not a fan of that move at all

Especially keeping Nat in the dark. It's a really risky move (not that they're very smart anyway, as i posted above)

Too much can go against them. Nat could flip, they could try and vote Keith out, then Keith plays his idol and they lose their numbers

They needed to wait 1 more tribal IMO

Really hope the Keith/Wes/Alec/Reed can get Nat to switch and pick them off and get to a final 5 that way

Yeah I thought Stephen and I think Sophie made good cases for it (can't remember a lot of what Sophie said though, I listened as I went to sleep). Jon knew that Jeremy was going to rat him out about the idol so he did the best thing he could do to stop that threat: vote off Jeremy.

I can see that Jeremy figuring out about the idol would have been bad, but Jon's whole thought process of sending Jeremy to exile island, knowing that his brain had figured out the clue to the idol and that Jeremy would either get the same clue or an even more specific one..yeah, stupid. Of course Jeremy was a good chance to figure it out.

I can see that Jeremy figuring out about the idol would have been bad, but Jon's whole thought process of sending Jeremy to exile island, knowing that his brain had figured out the clue to the idol and that Jeremy would either get the same clue or an even more specific one..yeah, stupid. Of course Jeremy was a good chance to figure it out.
I don't think he was the one who made the decision to send him to exile island, it was a group decision.

I don't think he was the one who made the decision to send him to exile island, it was a group decision.

Agree, it was a group decision, but he could have steered the group away from Jeremy. "It wouldn't be right to send him to the exile, he gave me the reward etc...." Going into the challenge he should have been thinking it's likely that he may have to send someone to exile and not send someone like Jeremy.

It was a bad move in the timing, it puts John & Jacqueline at a numbers disadvantage. It's just whether Wes, Keith, Natalie, Reed and Alec are smart enough to realise it and work together.

Out of that group, probably only Reed, maybe Natalie is smart enough to take advantage of the situation. Alec strikes me a fantastic goat, his douche levels are well over 9000!!!!

Agree, it was a group decision, but he could have steered the group away from Jeremy. "It wouldn't be right to send him to the exile, he gave me the reward etc...." Going into the challenge he should have been thinking it's likely that he may have to send someone to exile and not send someone like Jeremy.

It was a bad move in the timing, it puts John & Jacqueline at a numbers disadvantage. It's just whether Wes, Keith, Natalie, Reed and Alec are smart enough to realise it and work together.

Out of that group, probably only Reed, maybe Natalie is smart enough to take advantage of the situation. Alec strikes me a fantastic goat, his douche levels are well over 9000!!!!
They were always going to send someone from their alliance to exile and Jeremy would be the most likely to find the HII, unlikely he would have convinced them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back