News Swans Talk in the Media Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's outside of BF as well.

Yeah true but its very evident here

Outside bigfooty it exists for sure even in the media a bit cos no one got the franklin story and they all suck up eddies rear

Nah its something else i don't understand Eddie motive in all of this.

Wants what is best for collingwood

Deflects news away from them too and their rorts and it gets a lot of presidents on his side

Completely agree. Will be a player.

I think the midfield has too many of the same sorts of players and they often spoil themselves. We need to start injecting some skills. I see Bird and Jack as obsolete to be honest, this might sound harsh but they aren't the players that will take us forward and improve the team. Have definitely reached their respective ceilings IMO. I'd like to see Hewett given a go and i still rate Mcglynn as a vital contributor when in form.
Still think people are getting carried away with the loss on Saturday. If we are not top 4 i will eat my hat

Jack, Bird 27 & 26 respectively. Still room for improvement

Hawks are this super great side

People hate sydney
People hate us because of the anti-COLA campaign that the Vic clubs have run. I noticed a change in peoples attitudes shortly after we recruited Tippett. Prior to then many Victorians saw us as their second or third favourite team. People seem to believe that the only reason that we were able to recruit Tippett and Franklin is because of the COLA. It's strange that Hawthorn have been able to recruit more big name players than us yet they get no criticism for it. My understanding is that we are paying Franklin less than what he was on when he was at the Hawks. How do they escape this criticism?

Jack, Bird 27 & 26 respectively. Still room for improvement

Backline is obvious problem especially in the wet - Teddy is past it and the new young power forwards will eat him up. Grundy has been gone for the last 2 seasons, can only go one way, too slow, and can't get off the ground. Shaw was gone last season and should have retired to free us up with another young bloke. I pay the ultimate respect to those 3 guys who have been great for our club, but we have to move quickly and get in some solid young blokes. On another note, Longmire is still too predicable and doesn't have a plan b or c, other teams have woken up to it. We will still finish in the 8 I hope, but lets call this a bit of a re-building season.

Backline is obvious problem especially in the wet - Teddy is past it and the new young power forwards will eat him up. Grundy has been gone for the last 2 seasons, can only go one way, too slow, and can't get off the ground. Shaw was gone last season and should have retired to free us up with another young bloke. I pay the ultimate respect to those 3 guys who have been great for our club, but we have to move quickly and get in some solid young blokes. On another note, Longmire is still too predicable and doesn't have a plan b or c, other teams have woken up to it. We will still finish in the 8 I hope, but lets call this a bit of a re-building season.

There is no rebuild mate we are going full steam ahead for a flag we will either get there again or fall short there is no in between.

We have a full list to choose from there is no excuse dropping games to inferior opposition but upsets can and do happen in sport, i expect us to quickly make amends this week.

Grundy gone for the last 2 seasons?? i respectfully disagree Richards is fine as well slot these 2 in a Hawthorn side who at worst always breakeven in the midfield and they will look like they have years left.

Anyways this is kinda offtopic :p

Welcome back Bedders. The teeny-boppers have taken over the board and anyone over the ripe old age of 23 is being threatened with redundancy !

On second thoughts, you might be better off taking a break. Pretty depressing read. Did you know we're the spooners now and it's only a bunch of untried kids who can save us ?

Did I use the word Media ? Got to stay on thread. Eddie is a prick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skilton on NITV is a moment

He looked well, he said he thought the Dogs were sensational last week and it was no disgrace losing to them. He said this year was an opportunity for our players to prove that the performance in the grand final was not their true form.

hows that sliding doors?

Should sliding doors not be two scenarios that can play out from one event depending on the action.

So at its basic from if sydney win good, if sydney lose bad

not blah blah blah , wank wank wank

hows that sliding doors?

Should sliding doors not be two scenarios that can play out from one event depending on the action.

If Sydney come together and play well as a unit, then all is well
If Sydney do not play as a unit, then they are not a top 4 contender

Is pretty much what it should be.

hows that sliding doors?

I also hate how the column is his personal view yet he talks as though everyone agrees with him using terms like 'our reader' 'we're not seeing' instead of instead of 'my', 'I'm' etc. Just shows how much of a squib he really is.

not even saying he is wrong maybe we are crap

but we looked worse last year at this stage and made a grand final

media people jump to massive conclusions week to week

Agreed I never read into what they are saying too much. We were the talk of the town and the Bees Knees before the Grand Final last year and look how that worked out. I'm happy to be outside everyones radar.

The latest coach's column. This is an excerpt

Turnovers and decision-making were few of the criticisms stemming from our performance against the Western Bulldogs. Is that how you guys saw it from the coaches box?

There were some turnovers and skills errors but it’s not something we can control or like to focus on. We need to execute better than what we did, certainly, but at the end of the day that’s not the reason why we lost the game.

Wtf. No wonder our skills are terrible.

Wtf. No wonder our skills are terrible.

Yeah that's a bit odd. I can only assume he thinks our skills are usually up to par and we had an off day, which does happen even to teams like the Hawks, and there's not much you can do to correct that.

But I disagree with the original premise of that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back