No Oppo Supporters Swans v Hawks - the thread where we let it all out (READ OP FIRST)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a joke. Well said Bungee, this is our board. They have no respect and are the most arrogant fans in the free world. Someone bumped this tread and it has brought these flogs out

This!!

Dont need hawks fans take on where the bloods are at, their supporters think their club winning a flag or two makes them all experts, who cares what they think

This!!

Dont need hawks fans take on where the bloods are at, their supporters think their club winning a flag or two makes them all experts, who cares what they think

Part of me always wonders what this board would be like if we let you and bedford run it together :D

Suffice to say if we must have a thread about the grand final I think it is probably for the best if we make it Swans supporters only.

Part of me always wonders what this board would be like if we let you and bedford run it together :D

Suffice to say if we must have a thread about the grand final I think it is probably for the best if we make it Swans supporters only.
I'm not afraid of opposition supporters saying our performance was terrible or that we have weaknesses. Just because many of you don't want to hear what they say doesn't necessarily make it untrue.

I'm not afraid of opposition supporters saying our performance was terrible or that we have weaknesses. Just because many of you don't want to hear what they say doesn't necessarily make it untrue.
I dont think its about being told we have weaknesses. We do. All teams do. Its more of the way they go about it sometimes you know?

Don't we have you for that already;)

Yes some don't want to hear certain things, but not everyone who is willing to discuss the game wants to discuss it with the fans of the team who beat us. We have been very relaxed in letting Hawks fans post in here but now this becomes a "rant" thread on the Grand Final for Swans fans so we us a supporter base can get the game out of our system (and that might never happen I accept) and then try to move towards the start of the season by talking about it as a supporter base not with everyone else chipping in

Otherwise, we can just redirect to threads on the Main Board or the Hawks Board:drunk:

To add to what Robbie said, we certainly don't plan to make the board a closed shop, and we'll start to re-open the board up to opposition supporters again as the season gets closer. But for the grand final at least, I don't think we need any outside help in identifying our team's weaknesses :drunk:

There are a few Hawk supporters who post informative and knowledgeable stuff just a shame they get drowned out tho.

I quite agree. But for now at least, best to keep this thread just for us I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit - I was on the main board in December politely explaining to Hawks fans the errors of their thinking and attitude. I copped a three week ban for my troubles, sadly.

What is galling is the hypocrisy of their fans (whose club's recent success was built on gifted priority picks) who say teh swans's achievements were due to COLA. Stupidity and dumb jealousy tend to annoy me.

Absolutely spot on post. I noticed last year that generally we where getting beaten in the clearances but where relying on our pressure to cause the opponent to make a mistake, then we would capitalise. To but it bluntly the hawks are a far too skilled team for that too work. To beat them you need to be first to the ball and have first use/ use it well.
I fear that if we do not change this gameplay we will not only not beat Hawthorne but struggle to beat any of the top sides.

Welcome to the Board.

My other worry is Port and their ability to create space from fast ball movement. Spreading faster than the opposition is always a winning game plan though but with Hawthorn they seem to have it set up at the clearances.

Welcome to the Board.

My other worry is Port and their ability to create space from fast ball movement. Spreading faster than the opposition is always a winning game plan though but with Hawthorn they seem to have it set up at the clearances.

As long as your team are in possession (insert wink)

Welcome to the Board.

Re: Port between rounds 13-22 they lost 7 games, in 2013 they lost 5 in a row so there is a vulnerability there for a side that is "supposedly" on the brink of a flag.

The way i see it they are getting mass hyped over a close prelim much the same way as Adelaide in 2012 where i bet the census on BF was they would be challenging in 2013.

But hey i could be wrong.

Re: Port between rounds 13-22 they lost 7 games, in 2013 they lost 5 in a row so there is a vulnerability there for a side that is "supposedly" on the brink of a flag.

The way i see it they are getting mass hyped over a close prelim much the same way as Adelaide in 2012 where i bet the census on BF was they would be challenging in 2013.

I think they just hit a form slump, they certainly peaked at the right time. Given their preliminary final performance they might well have beaten us in the grand final as well had they made it.

I think they just hit a form slump, they certainly peaked at the right time. Given their preliminary final performance they might well have beaten us in the grand final as well had they made it.

Port, the Horsham U13s, North Hobart U11s.....heck, even The Saints could have beaten us that day.

ps. I made that last one up

Personally i don't believe peaking exists every game per week has its own outcome and what you did the previous week has no barring on Game day.

2013 they were still a young team, and IIRC their 2014 slump coincided with a squad sickness. If Hawthorn used up their prelim luck and Port got through, I reckon we would have won. Hinkley is like Horse where he will back his players and his system in. Clarko is the better coach than both with his plans A, B and C's.

sigh, sliding doors...

Port and Hawthorn improved their squad in the trade period, Lol Norf is questionable, as is the Cats. I'm still keeping my eye on flights in October (must remember to not book for September!)

To add to what Robbie said, we certainly don't plan to make the board a closed shop, and we'll start to re-open the board up to opposition supporters again as the season gets closer. But for the grand final at least, I don't think we need any outside help in identifying our team's weaknesses :drunk:

Perhaps you meant to write 're-open this board up to opposition supporters about 3milliseconds after we've won the 2015 flag'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back