TAC Cup Grand Final - Calder v Murray

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair concerns, one and all, but I think that to leave it at the fact that Murray have an "edge" in the ruck is a bit of an understatement - I could see Murray absolutely dominating this game in the ruck, and I'd say that in that event, the Murray midfielders could end up kicking a lot of their goals.

Deledio, Hockey and Normington could all be goal kickers on the day, and then if you add McEvoy and Rockliff, and one of Garland or Terlich can fire, I don't think scoring will be a major problem for Murray. McIntyre is my smoky for the BOG - Could see him putting in a Dale Thomas-type performance with a 4 goal haul or so.

Regardless, it will definitely be an interesting game. I do see Murray winning, but Calder getting up would hardly surprise me either.

I was pretty sure that Calder won the taps and the clearances a couple of weeks ago against Murray. Trengoves leap negates Simpsons height. If Dulic and Cattapan play really well Calder win. If McEvoy and Rockliff play well Murray win.

I was pretty sure that Calder won the taps and the clearances a couple of weeks ago against Murray. Trengoves leap negates Simpsons height. If Dulic and Cattapan play really well Calder win. If McEvoy and Rockliff play well Murray win.
Yeah, but I could see McEvoy doing a bit more of the ruckwork this time around - Last time it was left primarily to Simpson who got worked over my McKernan and Trengrove in a pretty regular rotation. If McEvoy puts a bit of physicality into Trengrove and McKernan, Simpson's work could be a lot easier. If it were me, I'd have McEvoy rucking about 40% of the game, and a majority of that early on.

The rest of the year it's been a pretty decisive advantage to Murray, and Murray have won two of the three games they've played.

Wouldn't mind a flutter at the Bushies on those odds. Wouldn't have thought the team coming in with a winning streak in double figures would be out at $2.30.

I got on Murray at $4.50 after they beat Calder a couple of weeks ago. IIRC Calder were still at shorter odds despite losing to Murray :confused:

Coming from the country area im on the Bushies bandwagon and looking forward to watching it on Fox to hopefully see them getting up so obviously what i say now will be abit bias.. Having seen there last two encounters (Qual Final and Round ?? At Wang) i think Murray will have the upper hand. For Calder to stop Murray they will lose to much attack in doing so. Murrays Midfeild will play a big part. If they fire they will be to strong and work the ball to well as they did in the thrashing they gave at Wangaratta. Obviously for Murray the likes of Hockey and Normington to stand up in the midfeild will be crucial but what are people thoughts on Deledio #2 and Warnett #12. The games that i have seen they have impressed me when been in the midfeild and swapping on the Half forward line. I think they are two under rated midfeilders of the compitition who are quality and classy.

Yeah, but I could see McEvoy doing a bit more of the ruckwork this time around - Last time it was left primarily to Simpson who got worked over my McKernan and Trengrove in a pretty regular rotation. If McEvoy puts a bit of physicality into Trengrove and McKernan, Simpson's work could be a lot easier. If it were me, I'd have McEvoy rucking about 40% of the game, and a majority of that early on.

The rest of the year it's been a pretty decisive advantage to Murray, and Murray have won two of the three games they've played.

Dont reckon Murray can win if McEvoy spends 40% of game time on the ball. He is the key to their fwd line

I got on Murray at $4.50 after they beat Calder a couple of weeks ago. IIRC Calder were still at shorter odds despite losing to Murray :confused:

Before last weekend Northern were at $1.25, Murray at $5 and Calder were $13!!! Obviously the result of them beating Northern surprised the bookies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One player who caught my eye, but who I haven't seen mentioned very often on this board, was John Walker. I think the commentators said he was 194cm. He certainly moved very well and did some nice things.

Is he a draft chance? Do any of you TAC-watchers rate him?

Also, Rockliff -- what's his kicking usually like? He won the ball brilliantly but his use by foot, at goal and in general play, looked dodgy. (In fact, Murray's kicking was disgraceful all day.)

One player who caught my eye, but who I haven't seen mentioned very often on this board, was John Walker. I think the commentators said he was 194cm. He certainly moved very well and did some nice things.

Is he a draft chance? Do any of you TAC-watchers rate him?

Also, Rockliff -- what's his kicking usually like? He won the ball brilliantly but his use by foot, at goal and in general play, looked dodgy. (In fact, Murray's kicking was disgraceful all day.)

Re Walker - Not going to DC or SS so history would suggest he is up against it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back