Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for sure, signing with us means there's a 0% chance he's playing AFL. That is obviously a non-starter for him.

Probably, I thought he would have been a good replacement for the Matty Wright role being captain of the sanfl, it's hard to know what the crows had in mind for him next season.

Turned down offers from Saints, Giants, Cats and Power according to Sodas, reckon he's picked the team he reckons he has the best chance of playing consistently on?

Seem doubtful he was so in demand he got offers at all those clubs. Since the soft cap changes there are plenty of people looking for development roles and not that many roles.

But knowing it makes no difference

It still exists

We knew we'd get rogered by the umpires in the Hawks 2012 prelim but that doesn't change the impact

We've known all along that Daicos and Darcy were unattainable and we'd be drafting from a weakened pool. That knowledge doesn't negate it.

the pool is fixed. That pool has a value (year on year)

further more, selecting 4th is worth more than selecting 6th.

there is no way to dress this up and any different. You would always prefer to select 4th in line, over 6th.

if you go to a concert box office, sleep over night, and get to the window 4th you have a better selection of seats to choose from, than if someone pushes in front of you, and now you’re the 6th person to the window

4th is always worth more than 6th

some years people get to cut in line, some years they don’t. It matters though which is which - particularly if you want buy a place in line

We just have to get in first with the offer. As soon as one of them is gone, GC will up the value of the other one.

I'd be interested in increasing their value, getting them to sign with GC and then offering Elijah Hollands on a big deal. That's who we really need IMO.
Any idea how Holland is recovering from his ACL? Did he manage any VFL this year? The prospect of an elite mid/fwd appeals to me more than another intercepting defender in lukosius and a struggling forward like Rankine.

This is true.

However the prize for finishing last is pick 1. Not a specific player.

The actual value of pick 1 in terms of the draft and trading does not change.

this is not true, and is a bit crazy

St Kilda were very open to trading pick 1 in 2014 but no one wanted it. Because, it sucked

No one even bothered to ask GWS about #1 in 2013, or Carlton in 2018

the actual value of pick 1 swings wildly and massively.

as do all picks depending on the available pool

there were no F/S of note in 2014 but it didn’t make the shitty picks worth any more.

when you pick (4th or 6th) matters. What you pick from (2014 🤮, 2018 🤠) matters

it’s crazy to argue otherwise

The point is you're trying to say our pick is less valuable by comparing it to a hypothetical value that never existed and will never exist, making it a redundant metric for valuation.
Thilthorpe example is the antithesis of my argument.

Had enough of this argument, we have pick 4, stop calling it pick 6, it's a nonsensical valuation.

when we are on the clock, it will be for pick 6.

the official record will show we selected at pick 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be brutally honest here, Pyke gave them chances in 2018 and 2019 to deliver and they failed even further.
That's what I find frustrating about that group cracking the shits. They had plenty of time to prove they were still good enough. We had 2 whole years in limbo where "rebuild" was considered a dirty word.

That's what I find frustrating about that group cracking the shits. They had plenty of time to prove they were still good enough. We had 2 whole years in limbo where "rebuild" was considered a dirty word.
I can forgive the club for backing the group in for 2018. And then again for 2019.

But I think half way through 2019, the club knew the current mob weren't gonna cut it and that when the clean out begun.

And sooks like Talia, Jenkins, Betts, Lynch, Knight, Douglas etc just couldn't cope with it.

I can forgive the club for backing the group in for 2018. And then again for 2019.

But I think half way through 2019, the club knew the current mob weren't gonna cut it and that when the clean out begun.

And sooks like Talia, Jenkins, Betts, Lynch, Knight, Douglas etc just couldn't cope with it.
I can forgive 2018 because they'd just come off a GF and I don't really expect clubs to re-invent the wheel when they're winning most of their games. 2019 felt like a wasted year though. Not nearly enough was done in the 2018 post-season to course correct. It was essentially the inclusion Saunders and that was it. No other major changes to coaching, footy dept etc. You get the feeling the club felt 2018 was just a result of injuries and didn't really take a hard look at itself.

"Wasn't sold on the direction the club is heading"

You mean, cutting the dead wood and continuing the rebuild?

Nothing to do with a playing role at North either? Well done, Channel 7.

Agreed, this is a nothing story.

Doesn't agree with the direction the club is heading? We've just finished 18th and 15th. What option do we have besides rebuilding from the ground up?

I'm sure Tom Lynch is unhappy about being delisted. That's as far as it goes.

Agreed, this is a nothing story.

Doesn't agree with the direction the club is heading? We've just finished 18th and 15th. What option do we have besides rebuilding from the ground up?

I'm sure Tom Lynch is unhappy about being delisted. That's as far as it goes.

there are a lot of different ways to go about a rebuild, and there is very little evidence that we are going about it the right way (or any other way for that matter). It is entirely possible that he thinks we are going about it the wrong way, and he might be right too. Might not too

the story isn’t interesting unless it tells us a bit more about the ways in which we are going about it the wrong way

that would be genuinely interesting to hear a counter view

Jeez another 2017 member having a massive sook on the way out, no wonder Pyke thought they needed something after the GF to toughen them up.
Something does stink about the whole 2010 -2017 players we recruited/ club officials/recruiting strategy

Was it the club culture that drove the type of players we see? Is something wrong with our recruiting strategy during the period?

When even Talia who should be regarded as a club great couldn't leave gracefully, felt a need to pot the club there is something has to be wrong there.

Maybe I don't listen to enough of other clubs players , but I haven't heard other players, outside Brendan Goddard, potting the club they leave so constantly (and in the case of Talia, needlessly).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back