List Mgmt. Taylor Hunt delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

problem is we have 9 guys 29 and over + cowan, vardy, menzel and simpson

that's likely going to be 12 players we need to turnover in a few years

Hunt at his best was pretty good and injuries really hurt him this year.

Next year maybe he ends up being best 27 and with injuries he gets a few games, shows some form and then either becomes handy depth or gets picked up for pick 40 instead of nothing.

What are we going to do at the end of next year? hold onto old guys, pickup list cloggers or use picks 80+ when we should be offloading 7+ players

problem is we have 9 guys 29 and over + cowan, vardy, menzel and simpson

that's likely going to be 12 players we need to turnover in a few years

Hunt at his best was pretty good and injuries really hurt him this year.

Next year maybe he ends up being best 27 and with injuries he gets a few games, shows some form and then either becomes handy depth or gets picked up for pick 40 instead of nothing.

What are we going to do at the end of next year? hold onto old guys, pickup list cloggers or use picks 80+ when we should be offloading 7+ players

Balme has stated categorically that Hunt is being delisted, so I don't understand why all this speculation about him playing at the Cats continues.

Bolded didn't happen. 3 sub-10 disposal games for the season, 1 clanger per game average.
But there's still no point in keeping him if they are not going to play him in the 1sts.
buh? he had five sub 10 disposal games (one subbed, one final) out of fifteen games. how is that not regular? four of those sub 10 disposal games came in his last six matches. I'll cop the total clangers business but i guess if you're only getting 8 disposals you're not going to make many clangers kicks total.

buh? he had five sub 10 disposal games (one subbed, one final) out of fifteen games. how is that not regular? four of those sub 10 disposal games came in his last six matches. I'll cop the total clangers business but i guess if you're only getting 8 disposals you're not going to make many clangers kicks total.

2 of those games he was on for 7% and 20% of the game. He had 3 sub-10 games, and one of those was where he had to move on to the rampaging Harvey at 1/2 time when he already had 25 disposals, and successfully stopped him as a purely defensive tagger.
As I said, there's no point in keeping him if we're not going to play him, but it is neither necessary nor desirable to re-write history to justify the decision.

As I said, there's no point in keeping him if we're not going to play him, but it is neither necessary nor desirable to re-write history to justify the decision.
This is his season 2013: Taylor Hunt 2013 There is no re-writing needed. If you can't see his season degenerated badly into regular sub 10 disposal games then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on what 'regular' means.

The problem is we don't have any mid fielders or small to medium mids who can break through the lines by using their leg speed.

People have to remember that Chris Scott inherited all of the good work done by Mark Thompson-Brendan McCartney-Ken Hinkley-Brendan Sanderson. After the 2011 Grand Final, he installed some new assistant coaches and they have not done their job properly.

We've persisted for too long as it is..

Had many disagreements on here with the 'but we need pace' people about this guy's ability. He's simply not up to it, never has been.

Hunt's been given a load of opportunities too in various roles. He looks lost on the ground so they try a run with role, can't do that either.

Cut him and move on.

We've persisted for too long as it is..

Had many disagreements on here with the 'but we need pace' people about this guy's ability. He's simply not up to it, never has been.

Hunt's been given a load of opportunities too in various roles. He looks lost on the ground so they try a run with role, can't do that either.

Cut him and move on.
You can't have a list of 46 world beaters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm amazed at how often fans remark a player should stay or go without addressing the other side of the coin which is who replaces him.

In this case, pick 55 or 60 is speculative at best and I can't see how it can be expected to yield a better player than Hunt, as limited a player as he is. I would be happy if the marginal decision was Hunt or a pick up to 40. But beyond that it makes no sense to me.

I'm amazed at how often fans remark a player should stay or go without addressing the other side of the coin which is who replaces him.

In this case, pick 55 or 60 is speculative at best and I can't see how it can be expected to yield a better player than Hunt, as limited a player as he is. I would be happy if the marginal decision was Hunt or a pick up to 40. But beyond that it makes no sense to me.
Exactly. Probably an 80% chance that whoever is picked up at pick 55/60 has a lower ceiling than Hunt, and at 18-years-old would be lucky to have half the capacity of him in the next year or two as well.

Exactly. Probably an 80% chance that whoever is picked up at pick 55/60 has a lower ceiling than Hunt, and at 18-years-old would be lucky to have half the capacity of him in the next year or two as well.

Taylor was pick 49 himself and he doesn’t have a role in our best 22 anymore. I expect there to be quite a bit of talent (possibly Wigg, Daniel, Anderson, etc.) left at our picks 47 and 55 this year.

Taylor was pick 49 himself and he doesn’t have a role in our best 22 anymore. I expect there to be quite a bit of talent (possibly Wigg, Daniel, Anderson, etc.) left at our picks 47 and 55 this year.
I find it hard to believe a bloke who played 56 games in the seniors and 6 games in the reserves between the start of 2011 and the middle of this 2014 (in arguably better teams than we will have in 2015) is so far off the pace of best 22 next year.

Thank god! I alluded to the same thing that both Brown and Hunt were worth more to us than what 2 x 60 odd picks would gain us next year in terms of senior depth and got smashed as having an opinion that was greater than that of the other 17 clubs recruiters. o_O

Completely agree that they are better to us staying as depth for next year as opposed to what ever their picks might bring. Not saying that they are the future of the club by any means but for 2015 at least, at this point, run then around one more time.

Go Catters

I've heard Josh Cowan has a lot of ability.
He probably does

If he can actually get his body right to show any of it or not is a completely different matter

No, you have role players. The only role THunt was capable of was spectator.

And of course you had this criticism during the Carlton game where he kicked 3 and tagged Murphy. Or The Hawks game where he ran with Mitchell and helped quieten him. I looked in the game day threads and couldn't see his potting as useless then.

Go Catters

I actually thought he would have been suited to heading back down to the backline where he first broke into the team, plenty of room for him, Bews and Thurlow to rotate through the HBF/BP positions

I have no idea why they never put him back there as thats where we all first sort of saw him and thought he showed a bit, Guthrie will be a better midfielder so no harm in swapping them... and it creates versatility for the side... the swap can be made again mid game if something isn't quite working

And of course you had this criticism during the Carlton game where he kicked 3 and tagged Murphy. Or The Hawks game where he ran with Mitchell and helped quieten him. I looked in the game day threads and couldn't see his potting as useless then.

Go Catters
His game against Murphy is one of the more overhyped performances on this board Daz, Murphy still had almost 30 touches and kicked goals himself... he went well the other way against him but didn't quieten him as a great tagging performance should

Remove this Banner Ad

Back