Mega Thread The 2015 Season Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree. On a purely commercial level, I genuinely don't understand why they so often s**t on the Crows and fall over themselves praising the Power.
It's really not good business...

I guess they figure even if they polarise the market, they still have the monopoly

That was my first too.

It flicked through my mind too (some may argue it hasn't got a lot to get through:D) but seriously, a coach is 110% occupied with the way players are doing their job and how the game is unfolding - Worsfold is there to see how effectively the assistant coaches perform and contribute in the box....for mine.

It flicked through my mind too (some may argue it hasn't got a lot to get through:D) but seriously, a coach is 110% occupied with the way players are doing their job and how the game is unfolding - Worsfold is there to see how effectively the assistant coaches perform and contribute in the box....for mine.
I'm much happier knowing this is the reason he is in the box. I guess you get a little cynical and start jumping at shadows after a while.

I wonder if Worsfold will provide any immediate feedback/ideas or is he there to just observe, positives and negatives and then provide the feedback/advice outside of the box.
From what I understand it's to view the coaches and advise on how they are doing things, communicating via line coaches etc ...basically a coach of the coaching team. Phil is confident he can handle the on field stuff but what great experience and someone that is not directly involved with the team so a level head when observing the interactions of the coaches. Smart !!

I like that it's pre-emptive.

Not a knee jerk reaction to a few losses when panic starts setting in. Like getting a rugby bloke in for a session after Round 5 when you realise our players can't tackle.
To be fair to Sando, if I recall correctly, it wasn't so much they got the rugby guys in to fix the tackling, but they were in town to observe the club and its facilities, so they had them help out for a day and offer their advise on what was wrong with their techniques (not that it seemed to help much).

New coach wanting to make sure he's doing it right, or still unsure about what he's doing? Undecided about whether this is a good thing or not.

Agree, much better to have someone in-house provide an objective view. We know that we've always got the requisite skill-set to draw upon internally. Seems like a thorough waste of money that could be much better spent in the HR dept. of course it's a good thing. A coach whos not happy with what he's got and is keen for critical assessment of himself and his coaching group.

Sign of good leadership to take advice from outside people. Outside people who know what they're doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understandings is Woosha is there to review the process within the box, also a smart move by Walsh as the move says to the players we are all here to be assessed and feedback is your friend

Sign of good leadership to take advice from outside people. Outside people who know what they're doing.
Was it Chapman or Trigg who sat in on a game last season and reviewed Sando?

Remember one of them doing it and saying how great things were going and how full of confidence they were as a result.

Was it Chapman or Trigg who sat in on a game last season and reviewed Sando?

Remember one of them doing it and saying how great things were going and how full of confidence they were as a result.
You can just imagine them sitting there in the box like...

xtwRL7J.gif

Horrible kicking action and bad shot for goal. Especially if we wanted him to be a forward first and ruckmen second and for an AFL ruckmen, he doesn't compete as effectually as he should in the ruck.

Well that's interesting, considering Giles is one of the best kicks for goal I've seen from a big man.

Horrible kicking action and bad shot for goal. Especially if we wanted him to be a forward first and ruckmen second and for an AFL ruckmen, he doesn't compete as effectually as he should in the ruck.
He strikes me as one of those guys where you'd take him as your lead ruckman if you have no other options, but you'd always be looking to replace him with someone better (like GWS did with Mumford).

Woosha: Are you going to bring paddy off?
Sando:why?
Woosha: Because he's unconscious.
Sando: You try telling Patrick Dangerfield he needs to come off.
Woosha: well, now might be the best time to try mate. Then next game, we'll see if we can get him off while he's not asleep. Baby steps Sando, baby steps.

I'm much happier knowing this is the reason he is in the box. I guess you get a little cynical and start jumping at shadows after a while.

But we'd always been impeccably led by quality people. I cannot understand how you got so Jaded over the off-season Jen. I think you need to leave the HTB and return back to us full-time, it's changing you for the worse.

Well that's interesting, considering Giles is one of the best kicks for goal I've seen from a big man.
Agreed , I watch a lot of footy in sydney and giles was one of the best set shots if not the best for the Giants. Agree that he lacks competitiveness in the ruck, he is too light and not dominant or athletic enough , you need to be one or the other

Remove this Banner Ad

Back