The Abbotts separated

Remove this Banner Ad

Q&A has a standard formula for its panelists: 3 left leaning, 1 right leaning and 1 wildcard. Considering that a majority of the Australian public voted for an Abbott government, that makes Q&A is a left leaning program from the perspective of the Australian audience.

I do agree that 7:30 Report and ABC News is much more unbiased these days, besides the fact that the Coalition ministers do tend to get a harder time in interviews.
:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Q&A has a standard formula for its panelists: 3 left leaning, 1 right leaning and 1 wildcard. Considering that a majority of the Australian public voted for an Abbott government, that makes Q&A is a left leaning program from the perspective of the Australian audience.

I do agree that 7:30 Report and ABC News is much more unbiased these days, besides the fact that the Coalition ministers do tend to get a harder time in interviews.
Only if you are assuming tht the voters responsible for Abbotts election have enough brain cells to find the ABC in a TV set.
The trouble with the ABC is that being the last bastion of real journalism it actually presents the news and subjects of interest with a healthy serving of facts, questions the inane rote responses, meaningless three word sound bytes and memory loss.
This inevitably leaves more right wing types looking like incompetent , lying, mental deficients than left wing...by means of their actual incompetent, lying, mental deficiency.
What you would prefer is the Boltist crap 10 serves up.
They're going broke.

here is the tell for the tories and young libs. chambray shirts and chinos with boat shoes ;)
I met a fellow from that organisation once. A confused young man style wise. He had a full rogue/colonial/hipster beard but wearing young liberal party uniform. Was a strong personal brand but mixed it's metaphors a bit.

in this thread? or have your cookies got advertising material for you?
You were voicing your general disapproval of alliteration in another thread. I was submitting that one for approval. I was thinking about using it from now on to denigrate left wing trolls or those right wing bots that patter away on the ABC comments or maybe in true Australian style, both at the same time and everyone else has to figure out what I'm talking about.

Only if you are assuming tht the voters responsible for Abbotts election have enough brain cells to find the ABC in a TV set.
The trouble with the ABC is that being the last bastion of real journalism it actually presents the news and subjects of interest with a healthy serving of facts, questions the inane rote responses, meaningless three word sound bytes and memory loss.
This inevitably leaves more right wing types looking like incompetent , lying, mental deficients than left wing...by means of their actual incompetent, lying, mental deficiency.
What you would prefer is the Boltist crap 10 serves up.
They're going broke.

I'm happy with the ABC and regularly watch many of its programs. And it is certainly less partisan than Bolt's program, although it's hard to compare a state media source to a shock jock. I just find it disingenuous to suggest that the ABC is somehow immune to taking a certain perspective at times. I think a poster here even called it conservative before? Perhaps in the eyes of a Greens / Sex Party voter - but that's only 1 / 10 people. It is clearly a left leaning media source, albeit one that has moved towards the center over the past few years.

I've noticed a lot more piss-taking posts from the left leaning posters over the past few months, although the high watermark was when Bushie was around the traps. Doesn't really add much to the conversation IMO, but each to their own.
Your Q&A formula and associated obsevations are patent dribble.Read it again yourself and see.
But to suggest that, is to become a left leaning piss-taker who doesn't add to the convo but is nonetheless blessed by your quasi-high-brow-mock-magnanimous-tolerance.
Yeah no dramas each to their own.

Your Q&A formula and associated obsevations are patent dribble.Read it again yourself and see.
But to suggest that, is to become a left leaning piss-taker who doesn't add to the convo but is nonetheless blessed by your quasi-high-brow-mock-magnanimous-tolerance.
Yeah no dramas each to their own.

You didn't suggest anything mate. You posted :drunk::drunk::drunk:. It's like posting "You're an idiot!", which is something my kid nephew would say in an argument. Lazy and adds nothing to the conversation.

I met a fellow from that organisation once. A confused young man style wise. He had a full rogue/colonial/hipster beard but wearing young liberal party uniform. Was a strong personal brand but mixed it's metaphors a bit.
rule of thumb, one cannot have a personal brand. one can have an inimitable elan, but not one that is able to be fingered as, brand. and yes, i know we aint talking retail consumer brands, metaphorical moreso
You were voicing your general disapproval of alliteration in another thread. I was submitting that one for approval. I was thinking about using it from now on to denigrate left wing trolls or those right wing bots that patter away on the ABC comments or maybe in true Australian style, both at the same time and everyone else has to figure out what I'm talking about.
i think i was just being sarcastic. it is the default setting

Last edited:

Some warped perception there unless you're joking, how precisely is that article left wing? Obviously Murdoch wouldn't publish such articles in his media as they're a direct conflict of interest in his agenda to kill all other media with differing opinions. It's called nazi facism.

I love the self entitlement with liberals. What you call biased media for example would be stopping your coal from destroying our great Barrier Reef.. ie the liberals are actually dangerous to this country. Dangerously stupid out of touch maniacs with no regard for science only white trash ethic and bibles that make them believe god put carbon in the ground just for them, gift wrapped for humans :drunk:.

The liberal party is a cancer to the wellbeing of our future, it promotes redundant mining and cuts everything it can in regard to renewable energy. It's quite simple, I don't care for Gina or any of her mates sequestering the revenue/our wealth in an offshore trust sequestered from our economy it's completely useless, Gina has no value and is a negative to our country in comparison to newer energy alternatives that are more efficient and require far less processes and labour.

I'd much rather renewable energy replace mining, it will be more self sufficient too therefore all the useless jobs that were digging coal out of the ground can now be reassigned to amplfying our road infrastructure for one. No point wasting manpower digging up something when the sun/nuclear takes that whole necessity out of the equation for us. Liberals do not understand real conservation otherwise they wouldn't be tearing through crude resources and the atmosphere.

They actually want to create more useless jobs and give everyone a wage for marketing commodities that have superior alternatives. It's all about control/growth with these people, not progress.

Last edited:

He's not incapacitated, not from substances anyway liberals in general just have a diminished cognitive ability regarding logic and reality, to the point simple whole number percentages displaying a coalition audience majority at the start of every qanda program cannot be interpreted by these blue collar heroes. They hire engineers to interpret that math for them and then refer to these engineers afterwards as useless and overpaid "ginger beers". They, being mechanics without fancy shmancy air conditioned offices know far more than mechanical engineers because the VB ad on tv told them scars on hands matter not brains.

It was a white trash haven over the last few years, liberals were getting paid 6 figures to fifo for gina in their little dream sleeping shacks where they could set up bbq's and build a little social community with their caravan park mates. It was the 1950's dream for these people all over again. Provided you were liberal minded (ie. could happily integrate into a work circle subordinated to overpaid white trash bosses) you had an easier day job than an engineer on the same pay in the same mine, those engineers having to crawl and fiddle through even tighter darker spaces, the engineering market unfortunately far more saturated than blue collar demand and with far less job security/positions available.

No I'm sorry unskilled white trash with "work experience" (i call it muscle memory) are not worth 6 figures in unskilled positions, the current state of the mining industry is reflecting that fact quite nicely. But then again I am talking facts and they usually get me no where when debating the right wing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they answered the question that is asked in a direct and honest way instead of waffling on and wilfully avoiding the content of the question they would get treated accordingly.
Your theory on the "standard formula for its panelists" is laughable.

That comes with the territory of being in Government. If you don't like hard questions by a journalist (as opposed to some hack like Andrew Bolt, who will swallow what you ejaculate), then don't hold a public office.

It sounds a bit like those evangalical ministers in the USA. They go on and on about the evils of pr0n, and then their lover, called Brian is outed.

Same thing here. Abbott and the LNP played the 'Barren Womb' card against Gillard, and paraded his daughters around like Vestal Virgins. The qunitessential family man vs the woman living in sin Prime Minister.

Then you add things like marriage counselling, paid for by the government, as one of their policies; it becomes a matter of public interest. Rightly or wrongly, that is how things work, and have since forever.

That comes with the territory of being in Government. If you don't like hard questions by a journalist (as opposed to some hack like Andrew Bolt, who will swallow what you ejaculate), then don't hold a public office.

Agreed and the Abbott government could use a few more hard questions at the moment. My point is that the ABC has traditionally been a left-leaning media source. Although this has lessened in recent years with, for example, the retirement of Kerry O'Brien.

How big was the bucket of water which was used? Was it eventually necessary to resort to a hose?

If there is so much bias on the ABC, it should be easy for you to give us 10 examples of bias from each of the above programs in the last 12 months, actually, make it 5 examples.

Go.

The last 5 Q&A panels.

Done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back