Mega Thread The AFL Website officially stinks - Post everything to do with the major embarrasment here

Remove this Banner Ad

The match centre bar at the top wouldn't even show up when I went to check the Syd/GWS score before, no matter how many times I reloaded the page.

i use the sportmate mobile afl app (i dont remember the actual name) for android when i want to know the scores, its fantastic.

the afl website it the biggest pile of s**t imaginable, would be interested to know who its developed by

i use the sportmate mobile afl app (i dont remember the actual name) for android when i want to know the scores, its fantastic.

the afl website it the biggest pile of s**t imaginable, would be interested to know who its developed by

I think Telstra is involved. I wish football "analysts" and "commentators" took Andy D to task over this but they are all 50+_ and have no idea

What a disgrace this thing is.

Have you seen the match report videos? Instead of a proper game recap like you would see on the news, it is just some highlights thrown together with some horrible music playing over the top.

I cant believe how bad it is, its utterly embarrassing.
It's that bad that despite feeling dirty, I went to yahoo, because they could actually provide reliable score updates.

I can't even use the Match Centre page to read scores because as soon as I try to blow it up everything instantly overlaps and is unreadable.

It used to have a simple page somewhere that only showed the live scores which was the only thing I used the site for but they got rid of it a couple of years ago.

The teams list is pretty terrible. I thought we were supposed to have all teams named on Friday with an extended bench for Hawks/Cats but it's still got Port's/Dees 7 man bench for tomorrow. Have they changed the rules re: team anouncements?

Was wondering the same thing. Anyone??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted it on the non-north thread on our board how terrible it is.

Il start off on why its so bad.
1) they got rid of the 2010 format of live scores and updates where you could access stats, goalkickers and score updates easily. The last couple of formats have been pathetic.
2) When the teams were announced thursday they had it as a live chat where your on a bloody treasure hunt to find the lists.
3) Last week and this week after the ade/ess, freo/wc and carl/rich games had finished, there were no video highlights, no updates until the next morning. Not only that but the music and summary at the start of each quarter is absurd.
4) For match replays you usually have to wait 12 hours but it seemed being Good Friday no one could be half arsed making the blues/tigers replay available the following morning.

Imagine being a foreigner wanting to learn more about the game and they come across the mess that is the official sport's website

Why did they change the 2010 match centre that was actually half-decent (when it loaded properly of course)? The last one wasn't great but this new one is atrocious. Why did they scrap the match reports with a shitty highlight reel? Why change something that isn't broken? Disgraceful.

The teams list is pretty terrible. I thought we were supposed to have all teams named on Friday with an extended bench for Hawks/Cats but it's still got Port's/Dees 7 man bench for tomorrow. Have they changed the rules re: team anouncements?

No. Even Hawthorn and Geelong have their final 22s announced, but you wouldn't know it if you went to the AFL's official site. Amateur hour in this day and age.

TBH, I'm surprised that Vlad hasn't taken a six week holiday in the middle of the season to "study" how the NFL runs its online presence. The NFL website is top-notch when it comes to disseminating news about the sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back