Universal Love The Age - Collingwood is bananas about Tim Broomhead

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I reading too far into it that Grundy and BK were apparently inseparable at the time of their drafting, yet now Grundy says Broomy is probably his closest mate at the club?

I know that as I've grown up mates have come and gone but I really like BK, so I hope everything is still cool.

Am I reading too far into it that Grundy and BK were apparently inseparable at the time of their drafting, yet now Grundy says Broomy is probably his closest mate at the club?

I know that as I've grown up mates have come and gone but I really like BK, so I hope everything is still cool.

I think it's fair to say Grundy and Kennedy now hate each other.

At least one of them will have to leave the club

Notice in this picture how they can't even be around each other without coming to blows?
121220_draftees600.jpg

Poor Ben has to try separate them :(

Notice in this picture how they can't even be around each other without coming to blows?
121220_draftees600.jpg

haha.

Great read, i reckon this kid will be an absolute jet, just has that something special about him.

Lets just hope we can keep him long term, having a discussion about him last week with a mate, i was saying he reminds me a little bit of Peter Matera in the way he moves and breaks lines. Broomy just always seems to have forward momentum at pace when receiving the footy.

If he could be half as good as Matera then we have a real find here.
Amazing how Derek can pick em.. apparently when hyne read out his name at pick 20 it raised eyebrowns in the room. Reason i love broomhead.. he looks to inflict as much damage as possible when he has the ball in his hand. he doesnt have this defensive mentality off ill dish it off to the side// whatever is best offensively.

121220_draftees600.jpg

Ramma forever alone

Wells at Geelong was very keen on Broomhead and you can see why,I don,t care that he was probably going to the Crows he is Pie now and I think we need to hold on to him.
He is a little different but he is a genuine sort of bloke and yes I agree with the poster who has him in our top 10 players if not now by the end of the season for sure.
He was already playing for Pt Ade so I have no idea why he would have went to the Crows in preference to Pt Power because they certainly had their eye on him also.
I am just glad he plays for us and he has a former Port player as his coach because that is an even greater reason to stay at Collingwood and I think he will.Even better his dad is a Yorkshireman and a lot of that rubs off on Tim,he maybe a Man U fan(silly boy)but he still follows Doncaster Rovers results which show a sense of loyalty.

Ramma forever alone
I think there is a chance Ramsay will like Grundy and Broomhead play a lot of games at Collingwood I do see a lot term future for him.I like Kennedy too but it does not seem to click for him I don,t know why.

I think one of the reasons Broomhead was drafted (apart from his talent) was his close relation to Grundy/Kennedy pre-draft... those kind of mateships can really lessen the "go home" factor when you go to a club knowing people and instantly feel at ease.

This is one of the biggest myths on this board. The club picked Broomhead because he was the next best available at the pick in their assessment. If he was from Mars, he still would have been picked there.

The club wouldn't pass over a player they felt was better (even if only slightly so) just to lessen someone else's go home factor. If they did that, they could have just waited until last pick in the rookie draft and picked a South Aussie then.

Amazing how Derek can pick em.. apparently when hyne read out his name at pick 20 it raised eyebrowns in the room. Reason i love broomhead.. he looks to inflict as much damage as possible when he has the ball in his hand. he doesnt have this defensive mentality off ill dish it off to the side// whatever is best offensively.
Hird said they were going to take him with their next live pick after us
He was rated in the top 20 by a lot of good professional draft judges, just because the nuffies in BF missed him is more an indictment on them not Broomhead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird said they were going to take him with their next live pick after us
He was rated in the top 20 by a lot of good professional draft judges, just because the nuffies in BF missed him is more an indictment on them not Broomhead
hes got a bit of athas hrysoulakis about him the great man

There was definitely an article written stating how they were mates and glad to go to Collingwood knowing other people.. perhaps close mates was a slight exaggeration.

What relation are you to Broomhead?
I think you might be confusing Broomy with BK. There was an article about those two being mates before being drafted and starting preseason training together before they were even drafted. I don't remember anything about Broomy and Grundy.

Bananaphobia is bigger than I thought. I'm no fan of the banana either although I now manage to hold my ground and stare them down.

No chance he's off to Brisbane. I say we make a Great Wall of Bananas to surround Adelaide.
Good to see you are getting on top of it.

Remember, it's not the size of the banana in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the banana

Reminds me of my little brother - he hated vegetables and fruit and we used to terrorise him by chasing him with carrots. (he's fine now, the psych says in another couple of years they might be able to move him to a lower security ward).

Glad he's finding a better balance between his preferences/what he can tolerate and what is best for him as an athlete.

There was definitely an article written stating how they were mates and glad to go to Collingwood knowing other people.. perhaps close mates was a slight exaggeration.

What relation are you to Broomhead?

Ugh give it a rest just enjoy his contributions to our board!

It was an odd article, IMO, I personally don't give a s**t if he likes bananas or not as long as he's enjoying his footy and playing well I think that's all that really matters. So I didn't know what to make of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back