Who will win The Block 2022

• H3: Sharon & Ankur

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H4: Dylan & Jenny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno about you guys, but I've gone so off Scott Cam.

He comes across as a bit of a w4nker, insincere and very self righteous at times too. And last night downright cringe.

His constant reassurances at the start of the bidding, not to worry, this is how things go, was pretty funny as it all went down in flames.

I noticed he didn’t say “tax free!” a million times, like he usually does.

His constant reassurances at the start of the bidding, not to worry, this is how things go, was pretty funny as it all went down in flames.

I noticed he didn’t say “tax free!” a million times, like he usually does.
He has got too big for his own boots.

Him being one of the producers (I think?) has definitely got to his head. S&A were s**t throughout, but I loved how it took The Block 10 weeks to realise they were in the s**t. The way he spoke to them a couple of time was pretty disgusting.

And his spiel last night about every house going over the landscaping budget was him just being a flog.

The area that they chose and the price point that they built to, was always going to mean that they were pushing s**t up hill to sell.

Very limited market of prospective buyers having 4+ million in an area like that.

Look at what homes where selling for in the area and that would give you an idea that 4 million was out of the ball park.

As others have said if I am paying 4 + million for a rural retreat, I don't to be around other homes, something more secluded and private would be what I was after.

Besides the show has turned into a drama show, where conflicting egos have overtaken the concept of home design and renovation.

The area that they chose and the price point that they built to, was always going to mean that they were pushing s**t up hill to sell.

Very limited market of prospective buyers having 4+ million in an area like that.

Look at what homes where selling for in the area and that would give you an idea that 4 million was out of the ball park.

As others have said if I am paying 4 + million for a rural retreat, I don't to be around other homes, something more secluded and private would be what I was after.

Besides the show has turned into a drama show, where conflicting egos have overtaken the concept of home design and renovation.

It was strange that with 10 acres each to go at they chose to build the houses quite close together. You don't want to be near your neighbour's pool party or regular events such as weddings.

I suspect that any of these properties that sold for over $3.5 million will have buyer regret. As you say, why wouldn't you buy a similar size block, or one acre, for a much lower price and build your dream house?

In the long run, after a gazillion dollar kitchen has aged, the value of the property will come back to the land value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming they lost money due to taking unpaid leave from their jobs?

Again tho, that's the risk you take going on a show like this.
Exactly, they just expected to be given a couple of hundred grand minimum off a game show.....well stiff s**t, its a game and you guys lost

as someone else said it earlier, makes it much more interesting when they arent all guaranteed to make money

Exactly, they just expected to be given a couple of hundred grand minimum off a game show.....well stiff s**t, its a game and you guys lost

as someone else said it earlier, makes it much more interesting when they arent all guaranteed to make money
All those registered bidders on the other houses got scared when the first house got blown away in the sale.

Yeah not sure. The contestants do get paid a wage while on the show though I'm pretty sure.

In 2014, the weekly payment was reported to be $700 per week. The ABC reported that some earned the equivalent of $7 per hour. And 2016 stars Andy Sunderland and Ben Toyne said the payments were only given during filming, not while the show was in post-production or airing. (not sure why they would expect to get paid in post production or airing - except the odd media work)

interesting article - the gogglebox woman complaining is funny, used to like them on the show until they started complaining about everything

In 2014, the weekly payment was reported to be $700 per week. The ABC reported that some earned the equivalent of $7 per hour. And 2016 stars Andy Sunderland and Ben Toyne said the payments were only given during filming, not while the show was in post-production or airing. (not sure why they would expect to get paid in post production or airing - except the odd media work)

interesting article - the gogglebox woman complaining is funny, used to like them on the show until they started complaining about everything
Yeah I knew it probably wasn't huge cash but enough to cover bill etc with out going into 20k worth of debt.

Yeah I knew it probably wasn't huge cash but enough to cover bill etc with out going into 20k worth of debt.

More than i thought to be honest. If thats $700 a week each, thats not bad going for a couple when the ultimate goal is the prizemoney. And all they are eating is sponsored food the whole time anyway, less costs again 🤣

Back