Opinion The Brandon Ellis Trophy*

Who will it be?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For the Tiges would have to be Lennon or McDonough, both started their Richmond careers has half-backs, but McDonough is a smart half-forward who can kick goals and Lennon with a bigger fitness base will play midfield. Both there to learn the defensive side of the game.

for all other clubs i'd go:
Adelaide: Rory Atkins
Brisbane: Daniel Rich
Carlton: Troy Menzel
Collingwood: Taylor Adams
Essendon: Shaun Edwards
Fremante: Lachie Neale
Geelong: Mitch Clark
Gold Coast: Jack Martin
GWS: Ryan Griffen
Hawthorn: Jed Anderson
Melbourne: Ben Newton
North Melbourne: Jack Ziebell
Port Adelaide: Jake Neade
St Kilda: Jack Newnes
Sydney: Gary Rohan
West Coast: Dom Sheed
Western Bulldogs: Lachie Hunter

For the Tiges would have to be Lennon or McDonough, both started their Richmond careers has half-backs, but McDonough is a smart half-forward who can kick goals and Lennon with a bigger fitness base will play midfield. Both there to learn the defensive side of the game.

Atkins is an interesting one, if he can get games this year under their new coach might be worth a look in supercoach only $123,900.

Really liked the look of Nathan Gordon at times last year, in patches was absolutely unstopable. Hoping with another preseason under his belt can add some more consistency and take it to another level.

Was a real standout when I was at training last week. Looking really sharp.

I thought Shaun Edwards played for us ;)

As the nab challenge is now completed and only a week until round 1. Time to bump this thread, to allow for change of minds after having seen some action before this thread disappears for the year to then be dug up at the end of the season to see who was right in their prediction.

I think Dustin Martin will be our most improved player.
And it's going to be epic.

As far as stepping up to the big time - big man, big marks, big kick... Big Griff.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there will be a few that improve, hopefully B Ellis can continue to improve and not stagnate or go backwards

0 votes:
Matt Arnot
Todd elton
Matt dea

Looks like these three will struggle to stay on the list at the end of the year.

The only other player yet to receive a vote is Sam Lloyd. Luckily for him, he probably has another year or two to take his game to the next level.

I think Arnot will not play a senior game but could have a great vfl year and be re rookied next year. I like they way he's playing.
I think Elton will just get 2 or 3 games but is showing a lot. And with Astbury as injury prone as he is; Elton must stay on our list.
Dea should be dealisted

Going to throw a curveball and say Taylor Hunt for me. He seems to have had a full preseason and I have to say he was playing every game up until he was injured in 2011 the Cats premiership year
He'll be one to watch.
Be interesting to see if he can do anything to lift us or we drag him down to our level of mediocrity.

I think Arnot will not play a senior game but could have a great vfl year and be re rookied next year. I like they way he's playing.
I think Elton will just get 2 or 3 games but is showing a lot. And with Astbury as injury prone as he is; Elton must stay on our list.
Dea should be dealisted

Yeah Elton has been very promising since i wrote that, should most definitely kept at the end of the year. Can definitely see him replacing Chaplin, when he retires or Maybe as he gets on. Interesting he still only has 1 vote.

Back