The Budget

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm?

I said Taylor is being a dickhead and economically illiterate for claiming that the cost of living package is inflationary
I am calling the whole bunch of politicians (and the high paid media types as well) for being silent on the much more inflationary stage 3 tax cuts because the campaigners are benefiting

I will make exceptions for those who come out directly to say these should be reconsidered. I believe that list includes Archer and a couple of ALP back benchers (not the ALP backbencher who is in my seat, I have had crickets from him after I sent my email)
One of the things the ALP have done very well is completely marginalise Angus Taylor. Where once the Liberal Shadow Treasurer only had to look down a camera lens to be taken very seriously, Taylor's musings have been reduced to background noise.

Hmm?

I said Taylor is being a dickhead and economically illiterate for claiming that the cost of living package is inflationary
I am calling the whole bunch of politicians (and the high paid media types as well) for being silent on the much more inflationary stage 3 tax cuts because the campaigners are benefiting

I will make exceptions for those who come out directly to say these should be reconsidered. I believe that list includes Archer and a couple of ALP back benchers (not the ALP backbencher who is in my seat, I have had crickets from him after I sent my email)

I agree 100% on Taylor. Winning a Rhodes Scholarship is no guarantee of common sense.

My point about Stage 3 is Albo is driven by the political imperative, winning the next election. I do agree with you, that he could bin them now without doing his re election chances any damage, unlike the conventional thinking that drives the media (& the ALP).

I disagree on the inflationary effect of wage increases - it feeds the circle that we go in chasing our tail that is inflation (I dont have THE cure)
Been there before with regular CPI wage increases:
Reintroduction of quarterly wage indexation: 1975–1978
Six monthly wage indexation: 1978–1981
The abandonment of indexation & the wage pause
Six monthly wage indexation: 1983–1987

I agree 100% on Taylor. Winning a Rhodes Scholarship is no guarantee of common sense.

My point about Stage 3 is Albo is driven by the political imperative, winning the next election. I do agree with you, that he could bin them now without doing his re election chances any damage, unlike the conventional thinking that drives the media (& the ALP).

I disagree on the inflationary effect of wage increases - it feeds the circle that we go in chasing our tail that is inflation (I dont have THE cure)
Been there before with regular CPI wage increases:
Reintroduction of quarterly wage indexation: 1975–1978
Six monthly wage indexation: 1978–1981
The abandonment of indexation & the wage pause
Six monthly wage indexation: 1983–1987
Um I don't think I was making the point about wage increases being inflationary or not inflationary
The problem is that non inflationary wage increases only can occur if a combination of increased productivity and reduced profit share occurs
I was not discussing the pay rise in the budget for aged care workers - this specifically could be considered inflationary but also is needed to actually attract workers to that sector.

Unfortunately the financial services professions are massively overpaid for the work they do - because they work in an easily measurable outcome (money) and can then say "I will take x%/ or my work gained you the client $x so 1 will take 5% of that..."

The problem is that non inflationary wage increases only can occur if a combination of increased productivity and reduced profit share occurs
I missed your post, you make a good point.

So often productivity increases are delivered by technology not people & that feeds into the equation.

And profits can be driven by what the market can bear, rather than any theoretical measure.
Profit for an ASX listed company is a different issue to a small trader.

One of the things the ALP have done very well is completely marginalise Angus Taylor. Where once the Liberal Shadow Treasurer only had to look down a camera lens to be taken very seriously, Taylor's musings have been reduced to background noise.
He is a real joke in Question Time this Taylor person. I think he has only put two question, maybe three, to the Treasurer. All the others have been to the Prime Minister and we are already into one year of a new Governments term!

He is a real joke in Question Time this Taylor person. I think he has only put two question, maybe three, to the Treasurer. All the others have been to the Prime Minister and we are already into one year of a new Governments term!

Angus Taylor says Australia's core inflation is higher than all the countries in the G7. Is that correct?​

'Ahead of the May budget, Shadow Treasurer Angus Taylor argued for spending restraint from the government in the face of the rising cost of living.'

FWIW, he is correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back