The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Another super team to contend with yayyyy. On the bright side though teams like Dallas and SA have shown you can beat them with good D, ball movement and 3pt shooting so that's what we're going to need. Do we have enough 3pt shooters?
Rose, Snell, McBuckets, Mirotic, Dunleavy can hit the three. What's Brooks like from deep? Defense will be there, ball movement too hopefully. What we do have is the two best bigman playmakers in the league in Gasol and Noah.

Going to be super tough though as LeBron, Love and Irving is pretty daunting. But it's not a bunch of scrubs like it was in Miami after the big 3. Cleveland have plenty of good role players like Varejao, M.Miller, Waiters, Thompson.

Im sick of LeBron putting together super teams to win championships.

Fully fit I think we just win. Even if Lebron does his move and shuts down Rose down the stretch, we're a lot better prepared than we were all those years ago. Happy to take it out of Rose's hands and put it into Noah or Gasol to create.

Another benefit is the added offensive power Rose will be playing with. We used to always go to him (for good reason, mind you) and he'd have to occasionally force drives in 2vs1 situations etc.. that he just happened to be good enough to hit half the time. But now with better offensive players on the court, he can draw a double and instead of thinking "Oh, I really don't wanna pass to Bogans" he can say "Bang, McDermott wide open".

The make up of this team is really good. Unless Lebron decides to go off 4 times (a chance) or we copped injuries (ridiculously likely) I'd still have us favourites.

We are a far better team than we were a few years back when LeBron defended Rose quite well and we came up empty. Now the ball doesnt need to be in Rose's hands all the time. We can play through Noah or Gasol in the post. Rose can work off the ball and use his quickness. We also have much better shooters now than we did back then so any doubles on Rose will be punished hopefully.

We will see. We are a better team now though than we were 2 years ago I think.

Am I the only one concerned about Rose's average play in the worlds? Even at 50% he should be tearing these guys a new one.
Barely played any professional ball the last couple of years. That's why this team USA stuff is good because he'll be much more prepared for the NBA season after this.

Im not too concerned. You have to remember he is on a team full of stars so even though he is probably the best player on the team, it doesnt revolve around him like it would back in Chicago.

It's gonna take time and I wouldnt expect normal D-Rose numbers until about half way through the NBA season. But it's good he will just keep heating up and getting better and better in time to roll into the playoffs.

Mirotic. Looks a player!

We can have so many different sets this year off the pick n roll with D-Rose. We can run pick and pops with Pau. More traditional pick n rolls with Jo and then even higher pick and fades with Mirotic to look for the three.

With Pau and Jo if D-Rose drives and kicks to them, they both are terrific passers too.

You cant as a defender drop off Mirotic up top either to double Rose as Mirotic can easily hit the three.

We can be real dangerous this season.

Anyone catch the preseason game today? Mirotic started nervously but dribbled into three treys in the last quarter which was nice to see! Boy do we need that.

He's going to be good really good.

I think people think he is going to take a lot longer to adjust than he actually is. D Rose looked really good early, sharp, attacking, aggressive and he had some rhythm with his shot.

Pau is going to add a lot around the basket, gives us heaps more options with his passing ability and now we have three bigs who are all very very good passers.

Health is the key but i am really looking forward to this season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed he looked good. Altho, take it with a dose of salt as I cant recall the lineups the Wiz put out in the second half, but suffice to say it wasnt the full strength of a regular season game.

Good signs tho...

Nikoooooooooooooooooooooola
Pretty sure we didnt put up much of a fight in the second half. Rose didnt play in the second half and Mirotic got big minutes down the stretch which wont happen in regular season play.

I wonder if you could say we have a big three. Rose, Pau and Jo?

Quietly optimistic that Niko has the tools to be a very effective role player in Thib's system. He's also a bit of a Joakim-lite in terms of on-court fire and aggression, which I love. I think Thibs will, too.

Doug looks hesitant and his teammates look hesitant to use him. Both games he's come off good screen, been open and not got the pass. I think once they all learn the plays he'll get some shots.

Brooks is the new CJ/JL3/Nate/DJ. Will step up and score when given the chance, and probably be a liability on defence, but manageable within the Bulls schemes.

Pau has surprised me defensively. A few blocks in the paint will take the pressure off Jo. Also having that prove low post option is so handy. Taj has been a bit of a black hole down there during the pre-season, so hopefully that's just rust.

If you don't pass to him you should be benched! He is a knockdown shooter.

How nice is it that if Noah or Taj have to guard somebody it's Gasol protecting the rim instead of Boozer?? The guy is a walking and-1. So happy to see him gone.

Doug will get time and when he adjusts he will be a great addition.

Mirotic will take bait of time but his adjustment time won't take as long as people think IMO. Pau adds a huge amount, his passing is great so not only do we have another rim protector but also another big man who is a great passer.

Can't wait for this season to start!

I just hope Rose has finally matured to the stage that he doesn't have to play the same role he played before the injury. He looks like he still has the one step burst and can explode to the rim....Can not wait for this season, so many back stories.

Certainly playing for the US and in preseason games, D-Rose looks to still have that amazing explosiveness which makes him so hard to contain. That is good news. Hopefully with the development of Gibson, Butler and Noah and the the pick up of Pau Gasol, we wont be so heavily reliant on Rose's offense.

Certainly playing for the US and in preseason games, D-Rose looks to still have that amazing explosiveness which makes him so hard to contain. That is good news. Hopefully with the development of Gibson, Butler and Noah and the the pick up of Pau Gasol, we wont be so heavily reliant on Rose's offense.
Yeah fair call. The sets look a lot less reliant on Rose, last year when he came back the ball lived in his hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back