The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Look lets face it, Lebron is the best player of his generation.

We all know how he got on top of Rose in the 2011 ECF in patches, and our team was basically constructed around Derrick. Sure we had Korver as a shooter, and Deng, Noah and Boozer, but we were starting Bogans ffs.

This team has been constructed with a plethora of shooting and arguably one of the best frontlines going around. Its really early days for Doug and Mirotic, and yes, how we manage our 2/3 rotation is something we have to sort out. Butler's number last season were diminished as we leant on him for creating offense which really isnt his game. As a spot up corner shooter he is decent at around 40%. Decent enough to make you pay if you leave him wide open.

We ran some great misdirection sets off the ball using Rose off back screens culminating with him getting the ball off a high pick following 2 previous screens. In that play we ended up with Noah or Pau either popping or rolling to the hoop, Derrick with a free lane to the hoop and Dunleavy in the corner. Its plays like that which our shooting will be a key, having multiple shooting threats is such a key for us.

Potentially a struggle for us however is how we can defend the 2 spot, especially against shooters. Sure we can keep Butler on Lebron, but Waiters in that case can be a danger... altho he is a head case. It may be an issue with a team such as the Wiz as well, where we end up with Jimmy either on Pierce or chasing Beal around, which probably isnt the ideal matchup. Then we are using say Mike D on Pierce, altho if he can play him tight we can probably mitigate that with Noah or Pau protecting the rim.

The development of Snell into a competent 3 and D guy will be a key in how we can cover guys defensively. He played well on Lebron in some individual plays but he's been too inconsistent so far in his career.

With Rose and Noah on minutes restrictions early in the year and Rose and Taj suffering mild ankle sprains I'm not really sure we can draw a conclusion on how a theoretical playoff series in 9 months will go, there's a hell of a long way to go, and either team is not a monty to make it that far.

From a Cleveland perspective they played pretty well i thought. 9 turnovers, a +16 free throw differential, +10 on the boards with a +9 on the offensive board. However their shooting was diabolical, especially from deep, whilst TT had 12 offensive boards.

They have their issues as well. For all of Loves spacing on the offensive end, he's been awful defensively in patches. In the Knicks game he was a joke, hedging off Jason Smith on 12 foot jumpers to get rebounding position. The same for Delly as a backup point. He's a trier, but he got skinned a few times when isolated on Rose. Potentially an issue if Kyrie gets into foul trouble or cops an injury. Miller and Marion have a combined age of 1000, and Mike has never been the most healthy guy in the history of the league. Sideshow is similar, last season was the first time he played more than 31 games since 09/10.

Then again, you could say the same of Noah, Pau and Rose for us...

Should be a great rivalry this year

But ive already given you several viable reasons as to why we can beat the Bulls. But you just dont listen.
Jimmy Butler, Aaron Brooks and Mike Dunleavy are the answer... Right. Yeah you'll have no problem stopping LeBron and the Cavs offense and holding down the fort from LeBron, Kyrie and Love

Jimmy Butler, Aaron Brooks and Mike Dunleavy are the answer... Right. Yeah you'll have no problem stopping LeBron and the Cavs offense and holding down the fort from LeBron, Kyrie and Love
Well ive already told you that we wont have to rely so much on Rose's offense anymore. Butler can score, Pau is a great option on offense and we get good production from Brooks and Taj off the bench. McBuckets and Dunleavy can shoot. Jo is always a good bet for a double double. We have far more options than we did three years ago when Rose was healthy and we lost the series 4-1.

Hinrich and Rose are pretty good defenders. Brooks is super quick too so we have options defending the lightning quick Irving. We can throw many defensive looks at Love. Jo, Pau, Taj, Mirotic. But im not worried about defending them. If there is one thing we are good at, it's defence.

with what I saw against the Cavs on Saturday I think that the Bulls have them covered. Noah will only get better as the season goes on. Ditto Rose who played limited minutes. and Gibson was hampered by his ankle injury. plus No butler.

S
with what I saw against the Cavs on Saturday I think that the Bulls have them covered. Noah will only get better as the season goes on. Ditto Rose who played limited minutes. and Gibson was hampered by his ankle injury. plus No butler.
All going well it should be a cracking ECF series based on that game if that's how it falls.
Good to have Jimmy Butler back and a good win in Minnesota without DRose and Taj Gibson.
Upside to Gibson missing was Mirotic got 28 minute and played well with 12pts, 8 Rebs and a block.
I think the bench will be key, it's good to see Brooks looking like the third back up PG resurrection.
He was killing it at the Rockets then stopped getting minutes and disappeared in Denver, but can play and is aggressive, just hope he can play under control and take good shots.

Cleveland's problems will come on the defensive end. LeBron is a good defender, the same cant be said for pretty much the rest of their squad.

Vareajo is handy defensively, but often injured. Marion is ok, too, but ancient.

I agree that teams should be able to exploit the Cavs defensively. It still equals a shoot out, though, and the Cavs have a LOT of weapons.

Now that the Lakers are no good, I am hoping for a Bulls championship and they are my early tip.

After the first week of NBA I am very comfortable with my tip of the Bulls going all the way this season. The game against the Cavs was very good and I thought the Bulls were the better team.

If it wasn't for some iffy calls and Rose going down, the Bulls would have won and there wouldn't be no overtime. Bulls also have better D than the Cavs.

Rose is now missing the Magic game as well and with a very easy and packed schedule coming up I would give him another game or two off. It's a long season and he is coming back after battling injury for a long time he must be managed well.

Gasol, Noah (knee) and Rose could all get a big injury any week, it's terrifying. I have my heart in my mouth every game haha.
Bulls look a level above the other teams in the East so far, got screwed against the Cavs with awful calls and a dumb foul by Snell along with an even dumber shot by Gibson a few seconds into the clock.

Lebron's body language was screaming "Cleveland was a poor choice" in the Portland game, Irving is an unbelievably dumb PG and his defense is atrocious. I guarantee nearly all his points came against Brooks, Rose had him on a string. If he's not scoring he is never, ever playing well. Love just stands in a corner on offense all game waiting for a 3. Waiters is a gunner, redundant on the Cavs. Not seeing the genius Blatt so far.
They'll figure it out and win 45-50 games or so but they cannot win a ring, no way.

Gasol, Noah (knee) and Rose could all get a big injury any week, it's terrifying. I have my heart in my mouth every game haha.
Bulls look a level above the other teams in the East so far, got screwed against the Cavs with awful calls and a dumb foul by Snell along with an even dumber shot by Gibson a few seconds into the clock.

Lebron's body language was screaming "Cleveland was a poor choice" in the Portland game, Irving is an unbelievably dumb PG and his defense is atrocious. I guarantee nearly all his points came against Brooks, Rose had him on a string. If he's not scoring he is never, ever playing well. Love just stands in a corner on offense all game waiting for a 3. Waiters is a gunner, redundant on the Cavs. Not seeing the genius Blatt so far.
They'll figure it out and win 45-50 games or so but they cannot win a ring, no way.
It's still incredibly early but yeah the Cavs looked really poor today. Defense is a big issue for them.

At least we are starting out the 2nd half strong.....for now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great start to begin the season. Thoughts on Mirotic's progress? Current draft class has struggled a bit although it's early days... Looks like we've done well though.

Great start to begin the season. Thoughts on Mirotic's progress? Current draft class has struggled a bit although it's early days... Looks like we've done well though.

I'm liking what Mirotic has done so far, been good defensively with poking steals.

Passing up too many shots for my liking but I have been encouraged in his last few games with his pump fake and willingness to put the ball on the floor because he's got some good handles for a big.

I'm liking Mirotic as well. Obviously isn't playing with full confidence yet but when he does I think he'll be a solid player at minimum.
That's absolutely minimum. In the GM polls the last couple of years. All the GM's have rated him as the best player playing outside of the NBA. He will take time and is still young but could be a very good player, and be the next real Euro star now that Dirk and Pau are aging.

Was hard work again, we are winning but poor teams really pushing us.
It will be nice to get a settled line up and get the D in order.

Coming up:
At home to Boston, Detroit, then Toronto away, back home for the Pacers, so we would want to win 3 of these as we have the six game circus road trip to follow.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back