Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: "Working incredibly hard" until at least 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the Aussie media are a bunch of soft utensils. They'd rather fill the back pages with bad words clarko and concussion stories than actually say something negative about a performance
This is pretty much true. The AFL ‘accredited’ media aren’t really commentators or analysts, they are sales people. So they don’t feel the need to look too closely at the state of the game or the general unwatchable quality of so many games. Because they are basically trying to sell. It’s like real estate agents really who crap on about the advantageous aspect of a property where the foundations have crumbled.

Which leaves lots of space for debating whether this or that guy being outed on social media doing coke is the right example for the kids, or whether Melbourne members are campaigners because they don’t cheer at all the right places.

This is pretty much true. The AFL ‘accredited’ media aren’t really commentators or analysts, they are sales people. So they don’t feel the need to look too closely at the state of the game or the general unwatchable quality of so many games. Because they are basically trying to sell. It’s like real estate agents really who crap on about the advantageous aspect of a property where the foundations have crumbled.

Which leaves lots of space for debating whether this or that guy being outed on social media doing coke is the right example for the kids, or whether Melbourne members are campaigners because they don’t cheer at all the right places.
Not just the AFL media , the cricket media are just as suck up to the cricket world as well .

Feels like coach still being treated with kid gloves at press conferences . Why not ask him why our forward line looks like a pile of s**t ?
I swear Goody has bored the journos into submission. They've given up on asking him anything interesting because he straight bats everything.

I swear Goody has bored the journos into submission. They've given up on asking him anything interesting because he straight bats everything.
Apart from the Grundy questions every week last year, that pissed him off.

It was funny when they got a whinge out him on finn maginness last year

Apart from the Grundy questions every week last year, that pissed him off.
You needed to be an experienced Goody watcher to notice any change though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the one thing that impresses me about Simon Goodwin. You sense some inner rage but he levels it to dull politician.

Mind you, I’ve always had a soft spot for the weirdos. I came a bit late to football - the Cats dynasty was taking off by the time I got invested. I liked Bomber Thompson because back then, before his life skidded so hard down a sheer slope, because he was a bit different. And he got more than the one premiership so presumably was good at his job.

I liked Ross Lyon for much the same reason. Happy to be different.

If Goody loosened his straight jacket a bit maybe we would be better? He should maybe try? Likely it would be more a Bevo set up though. Loose unit and still no good wins.

This is the one thing that impresses me about Simon Goodwin. You sense some inner rage but he levels it to dull politician.

Mind you, I’ve always had a soft spot for the weirdos. I came a bit late to football - the Cats dynasty was taking off by the time I got invested. I liked Bomber Thompson because back then, before his life skidded so hard down a sheer slope, because he was a bit different. And he got more than the one premiership so presumably was good at his job.

I liked Ross Lyon for much the same reason. Happy to be different.

If Goody loosened his straight jacket a bit maybe we would be better? He should maybe try? Likely it would be more a Bevo set up though. Loose unit and still no good wins.
If Goodwin ate a sandwich in the middle of a game I'd be back on board to be honest.

If Goodwin ate a sandwich in the middle of a game I'd be back on board to be honest.
I'd honestly settle for rocket eade style leaked audio out of the commentary box. But it's so not his style and he doesn't coach from the box anymore

Imagine Goody going nuts at our players for s**t ball movement and no forward leading like this, the fan base would love him.....

Angry Roosy was the funniest Roosy.
Wasn’t he also guilty, along with Clarko, of going berko at a kids match? Pretty sure, only he was in media by then and had to do one contrite soliloquy On The Couch and it was all forgotten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back