Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, GM, I should have subtitled my picture with SarcasmItalics - I actually have more faith in this thing playing out the way it should than some on here, just trying for cheap laughs. Sorry :)
Not you mate, no need to apologise.

Just a growing trend over the last 2-3 weeks that Hawthorn supporters are chucking in the towel over this one.

Very un-Hawthorn like.

Getting pretty sick of the Hawthorn supporting cynics in this thread proclaiming the AFL whitewash is a fait accompli.

Makes me wanna just punch people in the nose.
The problem is the AFL have form doing this.
One would hope that two ex county court judges would be truly independent and apply any penalties that are appropriate.

The problem is the AFL have form doing this.
One would hope that two ex county court judges would be truly independent and apply any penalties that are appropriate.
All the form says is the AFL have been a big fish in a little pond.

Now the AFL are swimming with the sharks.

And I really hope out of all of this that piece about the Chinese pharmacist (or whatever he was) warning specifically that the drugs were strictly NOT FOR USE ON HUMANS is not forgotten about. That still makes me feel sick in the stomach (on top of the whole cheating bit of it).

Have no faith that Bombers players will miss season proper game time. It's a shambles !!!
Why is it a shambles? Because the Essendon PR machine says so. Or because certain parts of the media are pushing this line.
I think Asada have steadily gone about their work, charges have been laid and now it's up to the tribunal to make its decision.

Have no faith that Bombers players will miss season proper game time. It's a shambles !!!

To be perfectly honest, I won't be disappointed if the players only get nominal penalties. Don't shoot the messenger. I wan Tird, Little and and the big noters who planned all the cheating strategies to get life bans. We can beat whoever the cheats put out on the ground.

Like many others here I want it all to come to a conclusion sooner rather than later, but you can rest assured that the Essendon Football club will drag it out as long as they can. I hope it bankrupts them. Meanwhile, I will have to put up with all the frustration and bull siht.

Getting pretty sick of the Hawthorn supporting cynics in this thread proclaiming the AFL whitewash is a fait accompli. Makes me wanna just punch people in the nose.

So unless someone agrees with your point of view, you want to punch them in the nose?

WADA didn't really cover themselves in glory with Cronulla either. I hope I'm wrong, but the AFL definitely has form of being useless and protective it's investment.

To be perfectly honest, I won't be disappointed if the players only get nominal penalties. Don't shoot the messenger. I wan Tird, Little and and the big noters who planned all the cheating strategies to get life bans. We can beat whoever the cheats put out on the ground.

The only way that will happen is if the players cop it...you cant have one without the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So unless someone agrees with your point of view, you want to punch them in the nose?

WADA didn't really cover themselves in glory with Cronulla either. I hope I'm wrong, but the AFL definitely has form of being useless and protective it's investment.
No.

I love reading peoples varying opinions and that's the beauty of Bigfooty.

However I do have a problem when posters choose to post some tin foil hat AFL blah blah blah conspiracy propaganda that clearly is devoid of rational though, and therefore clearly not a subjective opinion based on the facts at hand. That sort of garbage carries as much weight and credence as a donkey vote and subsequently be rightfully treated with contempt and run out of town.

Now I am increasingly disappointed with this thread as it was my last bastion of rational conversation regarding the topic. The HTB had degenerated into an asylum months ago, and now so too has the corresponding thread on the Hawks board. There are a handful of knowledgeable posters still keeping us up to date like Echols CouchPotato Thrawn and eldorado, to whom I am grateful, but sadly even the sensible posts are beginning to be drowned out by the mind numbing white noise posting tin foil hat crew.

Now that the hearing has started my interest in the HTB has tapered off quite a bit. Lots of people making stupid claims about the outcome. We can only wait and see. I will be very pissed off, though, if penalties are light or non-existent.
Win, Lose or Draw this will carry on for years to come, and especially on bigfooty. I've been saying it since the start on the HTB, and I'm now quite sure that unless ASADA do ban players and Hird is wiped from the league, Essendon will be copping scorn for years.

If the players get off, there'll be a chorus of supporters from other clubs who will question it, and it will be raised in every thread that mentions Essendon for decades. People will talk about it at BBQ's, kids will be taunted about it at school, etc. It won't be forgotten.

I won't be pissed if they get off though, as I'll just add to a bunch of other injustices in the world that make me question if we do indeed live in an intelligent society.

I've been genuinely intrigued by the level of stupidity required to be a Hird-cheering Essendon supporter in the last few months. We've seen an investigation into doping that can only be described as a walking, talking, quacking Duck.....yet, I'm still reading these people call it a 'witch hunt' or imply that 'everyone else was doing it, but you can't prove Essendon did anything wrong'. It's quite surreal and these people who post this sort of stupidity deserve to ridiculed.

I've always thought that whatever will be will be. Posting hundreds or thousands of times on here will neither make me feel better about the outcome, or will influence the final decision either way. I did view the HTB on an occasional basis (originally for 'facts' believe it or not) but lost interest after the same old monotonous formula of * fans flooding the threads, and the (often outrageous) claims of how things will end from both sides of the debate.

I for one am happy the tribunal is held in-camera. Imagine the deluge of posts regarding the interpretations of the evidence that was produced today. I feel saved ! :)

Anyway life continued as normal for me today. I hope it did for all of you too ! Unlike 34 * players, their accused officials, their diehard fans, and their fanboys in the media, I will sleep most peacefully tonight.

No knickers are in knots at this end.

Not you mate, no need to apologise.

Just a growing trend over the last 2-3 weeks that Hawthorn supporters are chucking in the towel over this one.

Very un-Hawthorn like.

Chucking in the towel? What are we supposed to do? We have sat around for nearly 2 years hoping for something to take shape, and we've seen NOTHING. Not only that, there's no real indication we ever will.

Whether Hawthorn supporters think this way, or hang in there like people such as yourself, it will have no bearing whatsoever as to the outcome. Some people similar to myself don't believe Essendon have no case to answer, we're just sick and tired of hearing about it.

Whatever happens in the Tribunal, my hatred for the Drug Cheats will not change. It doesn't need to increase, I hate everything to do with such a self-entitled, egotistical club, and their arrogant players and supporters.

It will be fun yelling out "Drug Cheats" at the footy next year!

Its a pity we only play them once per season.

Win, Lose or Draw this will carry on for years to come, and especially on bigfooty. I've been saying it since the start on the HTB, and I'm now quite sure that unless ASADA do ban players and Hird is wiped from the league, Essendon will be copping scorn for years.

If the players get off, there'll be a chorus of supporters from other clubs who will question it, and it will be raised in every thread that mentions Essendon for decades. People will talk about it at BBQ's, kids will be taunted about it at school, etc. It won't be forgotten.

I won't be pissed if they get off though, as I'll just add to a bunch of other injustices in the world that make me question if we do indeed live in an intelligent society.

I've been genuinely intrigued by the level of stupidity required to be a Hird-cheering Essendon supporter in the last few months. We've seen an investigation into doping that can only be described as a walking, talking, quacking Duck.....yet, I'm still reading these people call it a 'witch hunt' or imply that 'everyone else was doing it, but you can't prove Essendon did anything wrong'. It's quite surreal and these people who post this sort of stupidity deserve to ridiculed.
Agreed. In a perverse way one thing that will help EFC in the long run will be heavy sanctions for the players and a long ban (maybe life) for Hird and the people around him. If that happens there will be some sympathy for those that remain at the club, having to re-build and all. If it doesn't happen then a stench will hang over the club for decades to come.

Chucking in the towel? What are we supposed to do? We have sat around for nearly 2 years hoping for something to take shape, and we've seen NOTHING. Not only that, there's no real indication we ever will.

Whether Hawthorn supporters think this way, or hang in there like people such as yourself, it will have no bearing whatsoever as to the outcome. Some people similar to myself don't believe Essendon have no case to answer, we're just sick and tired of hearing about it.
This is simply not true, AH.

We've seen ASADA investigate Essendon and then roll through the process of SCN's, Infractions notices and now the tribunal.

Whatever happens in the Tribunal, my hatred for the Drug Cheats will not change. It doesn't need to increase, I hate everything to do with such a self-entitled, egotistical club, and their arrogant players and supporters.

It will be fun yelling out "Drug Cheats" at the footy next year!

Its a pity we only play them once per season.
Twice next season Davo! 8 points banked easy. With their full team or not, they're our b*tches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back