Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happens in the Tribunal, my hatred for the Drug Cheats will not change. It doesn't need to increase, I hate everything to do with such a self-entitled, egotistical club, and their arrogant players and supporters.

It will be fun yelling out "Drug Cheats" at the footy next year!

Its a pity we only play them once per season.

I would almost go to WA just to be part of the booing that they will give Essendon next year :D

I still find it laughable that they've tried to "push the boundaries" and they still did no good... Jobe may have won a Brownlow from it but where is their premiership for their handy work ?

They didn't win 7 in a row like Lance Armstrong

can someone who knows a bit about the drug code answer me a simple question?

If essenjection can't tell us 100% what was given to their players, isn't that an automatic breach of the wada code?
Considering that ASADA have asked them to supply records and details of what was given, yes, I believe it is.

But don't fall for that spin, RB. They know exactly what the players were given. Pretending otherwise has been their modus operandi for 2 years, and most people have fallen for it. Deny deny deny...and play dumb.

Saying they don't know what the players got is the equivalent of telling the cops "I was just waiting for a mate".

Getting pretty sick of the Hawthorn supporting cynics in this thread proclaiming the AFL whitewash is a fait accompli.

Makes me wanna just punch people in the nose.
Totally confidant ASADA will move through solidly leaving Essenscumm with the unenviable task of populating the 1s with 2s players early next year.

To be perfectly honest, I won't be disappointed if the players only get nominal penalties. Don't shoot the messenger. I wan Tird, Little and and the big noters who planned all the cheating strategies to get life bans. We can beat whoever the cheats put out on the ground.

Like many others here I want it all to come to a conclusion sooner rather than later, but you can rest assured that the Essendon Football club will drag it out as long as they can. I hope it bankrupts them. Meanwhile, I will have to put up with all the frustration and bull siht.
Essenscumm are probably trading whilst insolvent as we speak. May as well send the Liquidators in now. Would be just another happy few months as the Tird brigade were kicked through media land again

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ospects-in-drugs-hearing-20141215-127s26.html

Jeezus - a couple of quotes from the bombers AGM

Members were astonished to hear club officials couldn't attend the hearing, with one yelling out "it's a kangaroo court".

"Our legal team is attending, we are not allowed to attend. We tried to attend and were not allowed," Little said.

Seems the thought processes are the same regardless which side of the fence you sit on

can someone who knows a bit about the drug code answer me a simple question?

If essenjection can't tell us 100% what was given to their players, isn't that an automatic breach of the wada code?
I'm not sure there is anything in the WADA code - it's mainly aimed at the responsibilities of individuals to stay drug free. But, if I recall correctly, there is a section in the AFL code that makes it mandatory for the club doctor to record each substance taken by every player.

I'm not sure there is anything in the WADA code - it's mainly aimed at the responsibilities of individuals to stay drug free. But, if I recall correctly, there is a section in the AFL code that makes it mandatory for the club doctor to record each substance taken by every player.
Shame there is nothing in there about keeping it in a safe and secure location.

Shame there is nothing in there about keeping it in a safe and secure location.

A shredder is a safe and secure location?

What that does say is that Dr Reid is up to his eyeballs in the whole scandal.

The back down by the afl in regards to Reid was IMO an absolute disgrace. I'm sure I read somewhere that the afl charter states that the club doctor is responsible for all treatment received and has the final say.

You would of thought had it been challenged in the courts that the doc would of been left with no option but to lay it out on the table and tell the courts why he "approved" the injections.

The fact that the AMA also hasn't followed it up is just downright confusing - so many small govt. agencies that just don't seem to do their job

The back down by the afl in regards to Reid was IMO an absolute disgrace. I'm sure I read somewhere that the afl charter states that the club doctor is responsible for all treatment received and has the final say.

You would of thought had it been challenged in the courts that the doc would of been left with no option but to lay it out on the table and tell the courts why he "approved" the injections.

The fact that the AMA also hasn't followed it up is just downright confusing - so many small govt. agencies that just don't seem to do their job

Exactly, that's why there was a self-serving letter by Dr Reid raising questions about the scheme. He obviously knew all about it from the beginning, and the letter was conveniently backdated to protect him.

He will be in trouble with the AMA in due course.

And James Hird is in Singapore this week, completing another course.
He's going to be the most internationally qualified person ever.

Such a convenient time for him to be out of Australia!

And James Hird is in Singapore this week, completing another course.
He's going to be the most internationally qualified person ever.

Such a convenient time for him to be out of Australia!
he probably should have done all these courses before he took on the top job . . . bit late to do him any good now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he probably should have done all these courses before he took on the top job . . . bit late to do him any good now.

The only course he has taken that has not widely been publicized is his acting one. He is acting through all the bull siht he is spreading, and the lies he is telling, like a real Oscar winner.

Exactly, that's why there was a self-serving letter by Dr Reid raising questions about the scheme. He obviously knew all about it from the beginning, and the letter was conveniently backdated to protect him.

He will be in trouble with the AMA in due course.
Doubt that Dr Reid will ever be in trouble with the AMA, The medical profession look after their own.

On a side note, he lives in the same street as my mum, mum is elderly and he has gone out of his way to help her. I have also met him and he comes across as caring and friendly. Which makes it very disappointing that he is involved in this disgraceful saga.

The thing is anyone could have shredded it or deleted it and it's impossible to prove, hence the back down by the AFL when threatened with legal action by Reid.

The amount of cover up going on has reached epic proportions. ASIO and the CIA are keeping a close watch as they believe they could learn a thing or two.

You have to feel for Paul Little, quote when he tells us all that the Essendon lawyers have already cost the club over $1m. Well Paul, if you dipped into your pocket and forked out for your beloved club, (as our former president did when we needed it, albeit under totally different circumstances,) you would only have about $800,000,000 left, you poor old sole! Incidentally, who's taking of business while you are 100% focused on trying to save your club?

Ironically, "no records" is actually the thing that will bury Essendon.

ASADA will have records for TB4. Essendon apparently do not have records for procuring the alternative. No matter how they spin it, no matter how much they obfuscate, at the end of the hearing Essendon will be unable to prove they bought the good Thymosin, and ASADA will have a mountain of circumstantial evidence, including testimony from the manufacturer, that Essendon bought TB4.

Sit tight. PR will only go so far.

Does TB4 have any/many negative side effects?
IT attracts a doping ban if you are a professional sports person :p

According to this website, none!

http://tb500.bz/

However it compromises the body's inflammation response. This can inhibit the healing process and especially when fighting disease.

http://cichirowc.com/uploads/2012-01-30_Inflammation_and_the_healing_process.pdf

facts on inflammation

Here are some key points about inflammation. More detail and supporting information is in the main article.

• Inflammation is the body's attempt at self-protection to remove harmful stimuli and begin the healing process.
  • Inflammation is part of the body's immune response.
  • The first stage of inflammation is often called irritation, which then becomes inflammation - the immediate healing process.
  • Inflammation is followed by suppuration (discharging of pus). Then there is the granulation stage, the formation in wounds of tiny, rounded masses of tissue during healing.
  • Acute inflammation - starts rapidly (rapid onset) and quickly becomes severe.
  • Chronic inflammation - this means long-term inflammation, which can last for several months and even years.
  • Our infections, wounds and any damage to tissue would never heal without inflammation - tissue would become more and more damaged and the body, or any organism, would eventually perish.
  • Chronic inflammation can eventually cause several diseases and conditions, including some cancers,rheumatoid arthritis, atherosclerosis, periodontitis, and hay fever.
  • Although scientists know that inflammation plays a key role in heart disease and several other illnesses, what drives inflammation in the first place is still a mystery.
  • It should be remembered that inflammation is part of the healing process. Sometimes reducing inflammation is necessary, but not always.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248423.php

The bold one stands out as a potential long term consequence. Maybe a player does get back quicker but the benefits are replaced by increased likelihood of reoccurrence or increased fragility. That is what seemed to happen at Essendon.

Chip Le Moron seems to have changed his tune just a bit. Now the players have been sending texts about the drug to each other apparently? But I thought there was little evidence, that the case was going to fall over? I thought the players "didn't know" what they took?

Appears to me that ASADA are going to go full bore... 2 year bans. The players simply didn't take the proper precautions and went along with it. ASADA may have entertained a deal a while ago, but the players refused, supported the club's court action to have the case thrown out now they're too chickenshit to appear in person at the tribunal.

I hope the media wake the hell up and finally point the finger at the players, because they're the ones who are ultimately responsible for what they take. All this blame shifting, towing the club line, refusal to appear in person... all stinks of a group of people who are guilty.

Ironically, "no records" is actually the thing that will bury Essendon.

ASADA will have records for TB4. Essendon apparently do not have records for procuring the alternative. No matter how they spin it, no matter how much they obfuscate, at the end of the hearing Essendon will be unable to prove they bought the good Thymosin, and ASADA will have a mountain of circumstantial evidence, including testimony from the manufacturer, that Essendon bought TB4.

Sit tight. PR will only go so far.
As soon as they prattled on about "good thymosin, bad thymosin" (hilarious, like they're trying to explain something to 5 year olds), I knew then and there that they had no defence really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back