Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
$_12.JPG
images
Looks like he's about to hang himself with it.

Sorry for the intrusion guys, girls and Abasi , l thought you guys (especially Abasi, who semi-resides in our sympathy for essendon* thread) would appreciate this:

Loved Robbo's cameo. I would've cast him as Jabba though...

Loved Robbo's cameo. I would've cast him as Jabba though...
I might do that later in the year. I wanted to use hird's face as vader and use little as the emperor more, but video to pic adapters are a pain. I'll leave the better work to oogac who is a bf video god.

Don't worry. He's a pussy. Or maybe he's a dick. Can't tell.
I really want to post that scene from Team America right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's happening!! :D

BANNED current and former Essendon players will today file papers in the Swiss Federal Tribunal, making official their last-ditch appeal of doping suspensions handed out by the Court of Arbitration for Sport last month.

The vast majority of the 34 affected players will join the appeal to the Swiss court in Lausanne.

Essendon captain Jobe Watson is expected to be among them, almost certainly delaying a decision of the AFL Commission on whether he should keep his 2012 Brownlow Medal.

The deadline for the appeal to be lodged is today, although Lausanne is 10 hours behind Melbourne time. The appeal will be conducted in French.

Players decided on the appeal after advice from several lawyers — including from Switzerland — organised by the AFL Players Association legal team and the separate legal representation of Stewart Crameri and Brent Prismall at the Western Bulldogs.

Players were not given a recommendation to appeal, but were told they had a reasonable chance of success if they chose to.

The main ground for appeal is that CAS did not have the power to hold a re-hearing of the players’ case originally conducted by an AFL tribunal.

The players’ argument is that there was a detrimental change of rules midstream of their hearing process.

While procedural changes to the AFL Anti-Doping Code could be accepted, it will be argued that the rules regarding appeals was substantively changed after their “offence” was committed but before the hearing was held.

They will argue that the version of the code more beneficial to the player should have been applied.

Confirmation that Essendon — through its insurance — would cover the cost of the legal action convinced several of the more reluctant players to join.

Because the players have not sought an injunction to stay the effect of their suspensions, there are no real adverse consequences to the appeal should they lose.

However, in the event the court finds in the players’ favour — it is possible WADA could reopen its appeal of the original AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal decision.

However, in the event the court finds in the players’ favour — it is possible WADA could reopen its appeal of the original AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal decision.
In other words, even if the players are successful, the whole thing will keep on going. Past histroy indicates that the court will not rule on the penalty or the finding of guilty, but refer it back to WADA or CAS for a "retrial". The only successful appeal that I know of has not lead to CAS changing its guilty finding, only to a reduction of the penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back