Media The Filth and his Fury presents 'The S18 Rolling Play Of The Day- with Trophy'

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
images

Hi y'all.

I've often said, despite the simmed game forming the focus of our seasons, they only take up about half an hour of our SFA week and the real hard work and effort actually comes from the general banter and match thread antics across the antic and this is where we find our true joy.

So what I am attempting here to do is to find the finest individual post and this will be voted on by the league at large. I want to find a way to bring that pearl that had you rolling, or the burn of the season or maybe just the craziest post of the season to the public conscious as we all can't read every post.

Rules

1. The post must be made during the entirety of the S18 pre-season and season. This means you can go back and select a post from the day after the S17 Grand Final and nominations must be before 11.59pm on the day of the S18 Grand Final.

2. If you find something you like and want to bring it to the masses, either quote it or copy paste it into this thread and if possible, include surrounding posts to show context.

3. Shortlisting is enabled thusly... the top 12 posts will be determined by the quantity of likes each receives. The shortlist will then be entered into a poll that will run for a week to determine the winner. In the event of a tie, I will decide (or I will engage an impartial adjudicator).

4. The post can be selected from either the SFA main board or any of it's sub forums.

Bring the good times :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Pretty disappinted The Filth Wizard use of the term 'Rolling' without discussing its use with either myself or MoOP.

Also pretty confident myself and MoOP will be rewarded with our Rolling All-SFA thread.

I paid my royalties to Mick Jagger.

Did you?

Pretty disappinted The Filth Wizard use of the term 'Rolling' without discussing its use with either myself or MoOP.

Also pretty confident myself and MoOP will be rewarded with our Rolling All-SFA thread.
You're right! And you would know the term stealing when you go around stealing podcast ideas, wrestling quotes from both alive and dead wrestlers, music lyrics and goodness knows what.

How dare you The Filth Wizard. Shame on you.

I thought my post about okey's dungeon in the Dees pre-season was pretty good even if I ripped it off entirely.

Post it here and let the SFA decide...

Post it here and let the SFA decide...

Okeydoke's dungeon is a huge, environmentally stunning dungeon notable for its strong anti-business policies. Its hard-nosed population of 662 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Journalism, Security and Qooty. Its leaders meet every day to discuss matters of state in the dungeon. The average income tax rate is 78%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in gambling.

A vast monorail network carries people all over the dungeon, children are raised bilingual from an early age, Okey's detractors are gunned down without mercy, and the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks. Starvation and drought is a problem, probably because of the dungeon's utter lack of clean water reservoirs and take-out menus.

I enjoyed writing this...Everyone loves a Wonder bashing!

My response to this is simple...There is nothing in the rules that blocks this.

I am releasing the S18 rules in the next couple of days, and I daresay this loophole will be closed.

My view on it? It is an absolute disgrace. The Wonders should be ashamed of themselves for showing such blatant disregard to the league and to their former champions. The leaders at that club have shown that they are inconsiderate and arrogant. To come to the decision to actually go ahead with this is a farce. How dare you bring in former players without their permission. Particularly players that meant a lot to the Wonders and chose their own time to retire. Why did they leave in the first place? In a lot of cases, due to no activity, they probably didn't want to clog up space being an inactive has-been.

Once someone is delisted/retired, they are gone from the league unless they decide to make a comeback. It's the way it's always been. The rules (as they stand) are simplified. They were simplified because the whole league needed to relax in some areas. To remember that we are playing a game. This move is against the spirit of the game. How about, next time, the Wonders' leaders actually get up off their ass and try to talk some legends out of retirement instead of this lazy and pathetic attempt to strut into S18.

We recently voted on two expansion teams. The Warriors just scraped in. Geez, they may have had 10 "yes" votes if they signed Chief, Grizz, Mobbenfuhrer, Broken...You get where i'm heading with this. Also, with this move, what's stopping the Royals also signing Lioness, EKA, Rick and SD? Nothing. They hadn't bloody posted anywhere to say that they want in, so it's a free for all?

Luckily, I have faith in the other 9 captains not to spend the next day filling their squads with random posters from BF and former league legends. I have faith that every other club is actually doing some work and bringing new posters into the club, or recruiting other players within the league.

I would urge the West Coast Wonders to reconsider a disgraceful move with the potential to damage the reputation of former players, and their club. The move is arrogant, even by Wonders standards. It is against the spirit of the game. And any player that remains at that club while the leaders are making such a disrespectful decision should be ashamed to be involved with it.

Okeydoke's dungeon is a huge, environmentally stunning dungeon notable for its strong anti-business policies. Its hard-nosed population of 662 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Journalism, Security and Qooty. Its leaders meet every day to discuss matters of state in the dungeon. The average income tax rate is 78%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in gambling.

A vast monorail network carries people all over the dungeon, children are raised bilingual from an early age, Okey's detractors are gunned down without mercy, and the police have been reduced to using duct tape instead of handcuffs following further cutbacks. Starvation and drought is a problem, probably because of the dungeon's utter lack of clean water reservoirs and take-out menus.
#nationstates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad someone gets me.
I gave it a go the other day after you mentioned it in some thread.

Had no idea what was happening but the dictatorship of Mount Clivepalmerstan is hopefully still going strong.

Our pump up song for the week:

Who controls the Wonders crowd?
Who keeps their scoring system down?
We do! We do!
Who keeps ClarkeM off the map?
Who keeps croweater 41 under wraps?
We do! We do!
Who holds back TheFreshBanana?
Who makes Schulzenfest a star?
We do! We do!
Who robs the Wonders of their goals?
Who rigs every Mobbs Medal night?