The five things I've noticed - Round 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Same can be said about Sydney, Essendon, Fremantle, Collingwood. Its just footy, teams have ups and downs

True, but you can't really argue against the notion that inconsistency kills teams.

Whether teams having ups and downs is a part of footy or not, teams like Sydney, Essendon, Fremantle and Collingwood should be looking to have a hell of a lot more ups than downs if they're to achieve what they're trying to this season.

Good read OP. :thumbsu:

Mine:
1. Jack Billings will be a star.
2. Jake Carlisle is not a forward.
3. Don't worry about Dangerfield. He has arrived in 2014.

Good read OP. :thumbsu:

Mine:
1. Jack Billings will be a star.
2. Jake Carlisle is not a forward.
3. Don't worry about Dangerfield. He has arrived in 2014.

Thanks mate. I agree with all three, however the jury's still out a little bit on Dangerfield.

If he can replicate that performance against a Hawthorn or a Fremantle rather than just GWS, then he'll be right.

I don't think Geelong will go down anymore like some of the premier league teams.

They have learned to win and the senior players are teaching that to their younger players.
Move aside "Bloods" culture, because Geelong is where it is at

1. mark thompson is a fake cant coach ,,,, doesnt look interested
2. pies are coming ,, when we get reid back in the forward line watch out
3. hawthorn still cant handle pressure
4. cats team to beat
5. judd is gone retire now please

4. cats team to beat

I for one hope Juddy has at least this year (however many games he may get) left in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the big Cats are still the kings of the jungle, the animal of the week was the Gorilla. Cloke, Brown and Hawkins. All put their hands up and said this may be a running mans game, but size does and will always matter.

These kids are alright, 2013 draft will go down as a very good one, early days but the signs are good. Kelly, Billings, Dunstan, Bontempelli, Templeton, KK, Aish, McDonald, Crouch, Lemmons, Taylor, Robertson, Sheed, Impey, all look at home at AFL level and it's only 5 rounds in.

And nothing beats wanting it more.

A young team of goers can go alright as the Saints showed against the Bombers . If Sydney can maintain their togetherness they can come again . Hawks can be beaten , so can Freo . Cooling wood and the Crows live , jury still out on the Tiges , Roos and the Suns . Port continuing their improvement . The Bullies and Giants are competitive , Brisbane hmmmmm . Sad : Chris Judd

1) geelong still the greatest team of all
2) umpires very clearly ignoring free kicks then paying them to the opposition to keep viewers watching or to get the afl fav the win (west coast each week)
3)west coast waaaaaaaay over rated, ( please wins against saints, dogs and the dees makes them flag contenders? lol)
4) nic nat most over rated player in the competition by a country mile, (brodie grundy is ten times the player and 4/5 years younger) but the second nic nat touches the ball the commentators cream their pants as if told to thru the ear piece on cue
5) again if you wear a west coast guernsey you can get away with murder. Darren glass gets a week for jumping off the ground, hitting the head, and sending the guy to hospital? Yep only west coast or sydney get away with that. Stevie j would have got 4 weeks

1) geelong still the greatest team of all
2) umpires very clearly ignoring free kicks then paying them to the opposition to keep viewers watching or to get the afl fav the win (west coast each week)
3)west coast waaaaaaaay over rated, ( please wins against saints, dogs and the dees makes them flag contenders? lol)
4) nic nat most over rated player in the competition by a country mile, (brodie grundy is ten times the player and 4/5 years younger) but the second nic nat touches the ball the commentators cream their pants as if told to thru the ear piece on cue
5) again if you wear a west coast guernsey you can get away with murder. Darren glass gets a week for jumping off the ground, hitting the head, and sending the guy to hospital? Yep only west coast or sydney get away with that. Stevie j would have got 4 weeks
Fremantle supporter or bitter WA based cats fan. Which one are you?

Personally feel the most under rated player at port is Cornes.
While the big Cats are still the kings of the jungle, the animal of the week was the Gorilla. Cloke, Brown and Hawkins. All put their hands up and said this may be a running mans game, but size does and will always matter.

It was definitely a round not only for gorillas, but all forms of tall forward.

Brown 4, J.Riewoldt 4, Cloke 4, Franklin 4, Pavlich 4, N.Riewoldt 5, Crameri 4, Henderson 5, Hawkins 5.

4. cats team to beat
Although I, for some unidentifiable reason, strongly agree with your 4th point, you are way off the mark with the rest.

I think Bomber's flags with Geelong speak for themselves. They seem to support the miniscule possibility that perhaps he is a coach who can, in fact, coach. Their loss to St Kilda should be attributed to the players, who put in a woeful effort.

It was definitely a round not only for gorillas, but all forms of tall forward.

Agreed, but I emphasised it as a return to form of the gorillas, which I feel was notable as there was a gathering line of thinking that their usefulness as a species was waning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back