Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's four weeks of the same repeated strategy.

A week or two and it could be an outlier. But four weeks and you've got enough data to actually make an informed decision.

I'm not calling on him to be sacked four weeks in to the season...that just ain't going to happen.
But, barring a miracle and we win or almost win the flag this year, I'm saying this is Dimma's last year in the role.
Welcome back the Prodigal son has finally returned
Sorry son it's been 4 yrs too long not 4 weeks

As always will back the club to do the right thing, DH is the coach as it stands and therefore has my full support and I hope and pray that yesterday was just a really bad day, it's not often that only one player out of 21, Drummond excused, plays anywhere near their ability. Will revisit after the next four weeks, win 2, 3 or 4 then carry on, lose 3 or 4 and then we'll see.

You also go for Liverpool and stand by what that club does :p

Didn't he poor it on thick tonight . WTF is he on . And the missed shot on goals . Doors that way Damien.

All legitimate.... I cringed when he came back to the injuries just as I praised him when he dismissed it earlier. Shots on goal was legit, GRiff, JR, Cotch all missed simple set shots in the first half and Miles and McIntosh missed very gettable ones in general play.... so yeah poor goalkicking cost us a 4 or 5 goal halftime lead.... which may or may not have changed how the game was played in the 2nd half.

I didn't think he laid it on thick though. He was shattered and angry.... like most of this board. Next 6 weeks will decide if he coaches in 2016 or not....

I seriously don't want there to be. Papering over the cracks
What if the side looks like this?
Short,Astbury,Chaplin
Menedue,Rance,Vlas
McIntosh,Cotchin,B.Ellis
Lennon,Griffiths,C.Ellis
Edwards,Jack,Deledio
Ivan,Martin,Miles.
:D:D:D:D

It's simple. We need an experienced coach. Not a noob. Ross Lyon is the man. Get him Richmond.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

He is the only bloke I would cop sacking DH for.... No newbies, no old timers like Malthouse or Bomber. I'd actually understand if they got Knights back but would expect it to backfire....

Not here to troll. Just a genuine observation.

He reminds me a lot of Sanderson

-Came from a successful coaching group but young and unproven.
-Gift of the footy gab.
-Players look confused.
-Doesn't learn from mistakes.
-Will smash the poor teams or when the backs are against the wall but offer up nothing when favourites or when you need to consolidate.
-Has no Plan B.

You need a cleanout.

These are the big 2 IMO. He just doesn't have the flexibility to see its not working. I actually understand his game plan and with the right players it could destroy teams but we don't have those players and he refuse to acknowledge that.

Add in that he plays this high possession game plan but keeps selecting below average kicks in the side because they are "hard at it" or "experienced" but continually turn it over meanwhile 3 of probably our top 5 kicks at the club are in the twos.

We need a clean out on the coaching panel.

Another issue with Dimma is he's an outright idiot.

Why you would drop a leader like Newman, regardless of his output, when you're playing 5 kids with 11 games or less experience is completely beyond me. Unless of course we've already written off the year to develop the kids that is. As soon as I saw that I changed my tip from Richmond to Melbourne. Sadly I was right.

He's injured I believe. Also 80% of this board wanted him not only dropped but retired and if was reading the posts correctly, hung and quartered....

You wanted him sacked in round 4, 2011 after he took us from the worst RFC team in 25 years to reasonably competitive? Or is 4 years an overraction? ;)
actually ive said it to many i wanted him sacked on August 18 , 2010 on his 38th birthday when the players got dressed in ballerina dresses and paraded with a cake and sang happy birthday to him.
knew it from then on that we were gone and i love watching the opera so nothing against ballerinas:)

actually ive said it to many i wanted him sacked on August 18 , 2010 on his 38th birthday when the players got dressed in ballerina dresses and paraded with a cake and sang happy birthday to him.
knew it from then on that we were gone and i love watching the opera so nothing against ballerinas:)
Please tell me that's not true. And people wonder how we got so soft!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is the only bloke I would cop sacking DH for.... No newbies, no old timers like Malthouse or Bomber. I'd actually understand if they got Knights back but would expect it to backfire....
There is nothing wrong with a newbie if they're the best fit.

Any coach will be a great fit with Brendan Lade and Wilbur Williams helping them ;) Hope we bring back Brian Royal too
Our assistants are collectively the worst in the league. Whose fault is that? Is it Dimma's seems he chooses them? Is it the clubs for not coughing up for decent coaches?

Our assistants are collectively the worst in the league. Whose fault is that? Is it Dimma's seems he chooses them? Is it the clubs for not coughing up for decent coaches?

The scary thing is we actually had 3 good ones Lepper, Daly and Campbell (No Surprise Cotch played his best football when Wayne was our mids coach)

We still have 3 good ones in Chocco, Rutten and I reckon Ross Smith but their is so much junk around it. Tim Clarke is a mini Dimma IMO.

Bailey and McQualter might be different if they are developed right but right now they are being burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back